Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be awful, tbh

Changing it after all these years would be annoying as hell.

Not to mention Irish Whip's are perfect for the circle button

This man. Im tired of people asking to go back to stupid older smackdown controls ? Christ I dont want that, man.

Or just give use the option to map it so everyone is happy lol

My boy EJ spitting facts.

I got like an unhealthy obsession with improving the gameplay of this series. Every time I watch wrestling I'm just sitting there trying to figure out how everything I just watched can be translated into the game. Because of that, I got a fat ass word document full of improvements and ideas, control schemes included, yet I can't do school work that efficiently lol.

The ability to hit finishers in any insane situation was such a cool feature. RKOing someone from the top of the sell or spearing someone going for a springboard without a very aged canned animation was a beauty.

Actually, you know what feature from All Stars I think would work perfectly in the simulation style 2K series? The move chaining.

Asked for both of these things since All-Stars came out. Even came up with how they would be implemented. I remember how old catching finishers got because it was nowhere close to the magic of All-Stars. Move chaining should be more than possible, but their reliance on long canned animations have kept us from it.

I definitely dont want the game overhauled. Just improve on it and make it better. The hit detection can be awful at times. But I can have a classic match every time I boot up the game. I save all my recordings so I have proof. Ive even had amazing matches going back to 2k15 using Finn Bálor & Hideo Itami CAWs.

Game needs custom music, custom facepaint on in-game wrestlers, and also custom hair and facial hair for in-game wrestlers. As long as it lacks any of those three things, it will continue to fall short in my book. Custom music should be possible in any number of ways. Especially with Xbox having what is essentially full connectivity with Windows these days. Even if your PC needs to be turned on in order to stream from the media player...it should be 100% possible to sync certain entrances in-game to certain playlists on your pc. I refuse to hear otherwise. Even if Playstation can't do that...I'm positive that Xbox must be able to.

Game needs custom music, custom facepaint on in-game wrestlers, and also custom hair and facial hair for in-game wrestlers. As long as it lacks any of those three things, it will continue to fall short in my book. Custom music should be possible in any number of ways. Especially with Xbox having what is essentially full connectivity with Windows these days. Even if your PC needs to be turned on in order to stream from the media player...it should be 100% possible to sync certain entrances in-game to certain playlists on your pc. I refuse to hear otherwise. Even if Playstation can't do that...I'm positive that Xbox must be able to.

I've been saying the same thing about editing hair & facial hair for in-game wrestlers for years... honestly I think a lot people want that options, but don't see it happening again this year, maybe in 2K21 when it comes to next gen perhaps. Personally I think no matter how much we want it, I don't see it happening bc it could result in legal problems due to image/likeness stuff and what not.

it was posted by a few people on this thread awhile awhile ago. I have slept since then, so i cant remember when exactly.

So just a bunch of people hoping & speculating about dates for reveals? ?

Any news on roster reveal ?

Just go to their official social media pages... If you don't see anything new, there isn't anything new to talk about here.

I think so Madness, though what got me wondering was why the 22 of this month, as thats specific.

Probably because the release date is October 22nd (earlier if you pre-order...but that's the date for people who don't). So, that would be the two month mark. Only reason I can think of, but maybe they figure two months is a good time for that info.

I definitely dont want the game overhauled. Just improve on it and make it better. The hit detection can be awful at times. But I can have a classic match every time I boot up the game. I save all my recordings so I have proof. Ive even had amazing matches going back to 2k15 using Finn Bálor & Hideo Itami CAWs.

depends on what you mean by overhauled because the game does need a new engine. theyve just been putting band-aids and snapchat filters on the same engine since the PS1 days. the fact that its where its at now is impressive but how much further can it go with this engine? not too much longer i think. im cautiously expecting a new engine in 2K21.

im with whatever it takes at this point. i understand the burden of having less than a year of dev time but the incrementalism is killing me, especially when ive seen other series make leaps in the next years game. for me, WWE 2Ks gameplay has always felt like a work in progress where im always looking forward to whats coming next year instead of focusing on the current game, because the current game feels like its only there to build towards the next game.

a lot of people just want a few gameplay tweaks and theyre fine, i wish i was one of those people. i wanna stuff the gameplay with as much wrestling as possible to the point where i have not much to ask other than bug testing. im pretty sure i love wrestling more than basketball, yet i play NBA all year till the day the next one releases and take multiple breaks and stop CAWing by like January in WWE and i hate it. i even deleted 2K19 waaay earlier than i usually do (i downloaded it back but still i barely play it). idk i think this can be a better wrestling game than people are willing to settle for but im just one crazy ass fan as you can see by this long ass unwarranted post so they probably shouldnt cater to me lol

Ok I can respect people mainly want simulation still. They want to simulate what they see on TV as best as possible. So with that being said I need any match type that's happening on programming, that includes NXT. So I want War Games, I want Special Referee matches, etc.

Nothing wrong with wanting that stuff. No excuse why they shouldnt be in either. Also.redo the whole damn hell in a cell match. Its trash. The actual cell animations are great, but no weapons, no freedom, really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Archived