Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originals can still mean originally themed like dream matches or wwe vs nxt

Grasping at straws, tbh.

I could see something happening with that to be honest, but it being WCW/WWF vs. NXT. Think about how this pack is kinda laid out, one real life star, and a couple reskins with fantasy elements. So when it comes to dream matches, unfortunately a lot of them must remain dream matches... except there is an NXT superstar that debuted pretty late in the roster additions that uses a lot of Time Travel themed things.

What if we got a "Back in Time" Originals Pack where you get KUSHIDA, old wrestlers, and even futuristic originals wrestlers? And also maybe Huey Lewis and The News in the main menu..

To be honest, I am mostly mad at the loss of New Moves Pack DLC. That was a nice refresh half way through a game's lifecycle.

Even new wrestlers could have their own few moves scattered through them.

But Halloween themed skins for in-gamers wrestlers? Who will even use them? (apart from the Fiend)

For me I'm not too keen on the originals stuff, I see this as the preorder bonus is the Fiend and that's cool as *Censored* because it's unsuspected. And it shows that there will probably be actual superstars not just this whacky stuff.

WWE hasn't signed that many new stars this year, so DLC would be pretty limited, most guys signed just before 2k19 dropped which makes them more likely to be on disc. Only really Walter & Kushida has been signed around the time the cut off for the base game roster, and guys like Damien Priest & Dominik Dijakovic have only become relevant since after Wrestlemania, I'm not sure they're even relevant enough now to sell DLC. I don't know if we'll get more NXT UK guys this year because of their contracts not being exclusive to WWE. So you can't say they'll give us a NXT UK pack. So I can understand why they're padding out DLC with this kind of stuff.

Not complaining because like I said, I don't mind this stuff but I do wonder where 2K looks for feedback and suggestions because two years in a row we got a big blowout for things I've never seen anybody ask for. Like I was shocked to hear Towers was a mode people have been wanting for years but I can promise I've never seen or heard anyone on here or on the 2K forums or Youtube say anything about wanting Towers Mode. And with the stuff this year, I feel like 2K asked somebody "Hey how did you feel about the zombies in SvR 2009?" and the person was like "It was okay I guess" and then 2K ran with that and went crazy.

2K in a couple months: You all wanted it. You all got it. (W)WESTEROS DLC PACK including "Night King" Seth Rollins and "The Hound" Roman Reigns

Originals can still mean originally themed like dream matches or wwe vs nxt

Grasping at straws, tbh.

Not really. We don't know what the other themes are yet. For all we know one of the themes could be time travel or "what if?" that gives us new people and legends. We could easily see stuff like Rocky Maivia Vs The Rock, or Attitude Era Edge & Christian Vs Zayn & Owens, or LOD Vs AOP in a battle of Paul Ellering's teams. Plus, there could be a surprise or two in regards to the on-disc roster. If it all does turn out to be all fantasy stuff with no real surprises for the on-disc roster then yeah I'd understand your point, but for now just hold your horses.

I think these DLC packs seem very interesting and I am excited to use them, I think the Arenas look cool and am excited. I am amazed the moves and NXT packs lasted as long as they did. The common theme i seen during the announcements of the NXT wrestler packs on social media with the casual fans was always "who" I know people who had the season pass and just forgot to download the moves pack because a load of indie moves dont appeal to them.

The wwe game forums scream the loudest about these kinds of things but it was obvious as the years went on this is not what the average player wanted. I was amazed it lasted so long.

i have no problem with fantasy stuff like this. I just dont want it in this game. If ur going to give me some dumb Frankenstein Braun Strowman in a cemetary. Ok fine. But it needs to be in a game with an engine where everything is destructible and i can jump and give u a 50 foot chokeslam and bury u alive or have skeletons grab ur body and pull in in the dirt as some kinda Fatality.

not the slow realistic simulation style of 2k.

What am i gonna be Frankestein Strowman and lock on a rest hold....then get reversed into a firemans carry takeover for the umpteenth time?

If this fantasy stuff was in a game with All-Stars engine. I'd dig it.

Woah. The Fiend is the pre-order bonus! Nice! I wonder if that means we would get a catching Mandible Claw.

Actually it's the first Originals pack so you're also being Franken Braun Bray Wyatt and the barn Arena

Nice. This sounds like something THQ would do.

Not complaining because like I said, I don't mind this stuff but I do wonder where 2K looks for feedback and suggestions because two years in a row we got a big blowout for things I've never seen anybody ask for. Like I was shocked to hear Towers was a mode people have been wanting for years but I can promise I've never seen or heard anyone on here or on the 2K forums or Youtube say anything about wanting Towers Mode. And with the stuff this year, I feel like 2K asked somebody "Hey how did you feel about the zombies in SvR 2009?" and the person was like "It was okay I guess" and then 2K ran with that and went crazy.

2K in a couple months: You all wanted it. You all got it. (W)WESTEROS DLC PACK including "Night King" Seth Rollins and "The Hound" Roman Reigns

I watched a Pulse video the other day and he said he suggested it.

Reserving judgement on DLC until we see the other originals. Nikki Crodd and The Fiend being confirmed is fantastic though.

I just.. I need Ciampa confirmed now.

Reserving judgement on DLC until we see the other originals. Nikki Crodd and The Fiend being confirmed is fantastic though.

Plus Murphy and Kendrick.

Oh yeah definitely. Need me that Kamegoye.

Oh yeah definitely. Need me that Kamegoye.

Plus, the powerbomb into the Kamegoye. Heck, give us a Bicycle Knee that keeps the opponent upright so you can easily transition into Murphy's Law.

Ciampa and Murphy are my most wanted additions by far. I hope they're in.

Hope is all we can do.

Archived