Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

To be fair I can deal with not having any more wrestlers just regular wrestlers is not versions of wrestlers but if they take away the move pack I'll be pissed

Hey would it be regular Nikki or original Nikki and could 2K get around others not wanting to be in the game by using Originals would they have to use the same licensing rules

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of like the concept of the Originals. I may be in the minority, but I think wrestling in general should go in a more cinematic direction ala Lucha Underground, Broken Matt Hardy, and Su Yung/Rosemary. Post production editing and CGI. The mainstream believes in the stigma that wrestling is fake. Its actual choreographed, theatrical simulated combat. Not a shoot. Not a pure sport. Entertainment more so than sports at least. Its a TV show. If people want to see fighting today, most prefer MMA over simulated fighting.

If the industry really wants to get the mainstream back, they need to go in the cinematic/movie oriented direction. In this case, Id protect kayfabe, and the potential audience might see it as a cinematic TV show, not fake fighting. After all, the fighting in movies, video games, etc are all simulated combat anyway. People should be more likely to suspend their disbelief.

It would also allow wrestlers to more easily develop characters and hide mistakes on TV. Live TV isnt working anymore for the mainstream. I know this is not popular with the core wrestling audience, but if people want wrestling to thrive, they need to go in another direction. This doesnt mean live shows have to go away.

#MakeProWrestlingEntertainingAgain

#MakeProWrestlingGreatAgain

Who the *Censored* wants all this Origins garbage? What a f'n waste of recourses, work and space for real wrestler and arenas.

"A WCW pack with a hand full of WCW arenas, wrestler and maybe a showcase? Ah, who cares, here you have Frankenstrowman and Viperorton and some fantasy arenas"

If this Origins stuff comes from the new developers, then they came up with the worst stuff that immediately tops everything Yukes ever did and then I don't even want to know how the future with them as devs look like.

Glad someone gets it. I was beginning to think that I was literally the only person in the world baffled by this DLC choice.

I never even heard of The Fiend, tbh.

Who the *Censored* wants all this Origins garbage? What a f'n waste of recourses, work and space for real wrestler and arenas.

"A WCW pack with a hand full of WCW arenas, wrestler and maybe a showcase? Ah, who cares, here you have Frankenstrowman and Viperorton and some fantasy arenas"

If this Origins stuff comes from the new developers, then they came up with the worst stuff that immediately tops everything Yukes ever did and then I don't even want to know how the future with them as devs look like.

Glad someone gets it. I was beginning to think that I was literally the only person in the world baffled by this DLC choice.

I never even heard of The Fiend, tbh.

...he debuted on Sunday's SummerSlam lol

guess you don't watch the current product then...

this is wwe 20, so... why wouldn't they focus on current product stuff

Because every year those two are still stuck on the past and want the current games to be more legend focused. All they do is complain about the lack of legends and shit which is fine, theyre entitled to their opinions and wants but they constantly shit on the new games each year nothing new lol

I grew up with and loved WCW as well but I have accepted that it's over and just part of history from over 20 years ago. It's 2019 and the videogame is a wwe branded game. Of course it's mostly going to focus on the current product and should!

We're lucky because the early games only had a couple of legends as unlockable.

"I never even heard of The Fiend"..well no shit! Just revolve yourself around wrestling from last century and especially WCW

Fiend is a big deal right now and him being day 1 DLC is huge. The original stuff a whole another thing

Because every year those two are still stuck on the past and want the current games to be more legend focused. All they do is complain about the lack of legends and shit which is fine, theyre entitled to their opinions and wants but they constantly shit on the new games each year nothing new lol

Yeah but I think a lot of fans we pissed if it was just original stuff and no like new wrestlers or New Legends and help God if they don't have a new moves pack because yeah there's a novelty to it but I play with realistic feds

There's always people to add or return when it comes to legends and alumni though. Contract issues do complicate things but to say they couldn't and just choose to charge 30 bucks for fantasy stuff is a bit much. I don't mind it myself but I like realism and don't see myself using that content myself. So I'll wait and see what else they announce but I definitely don't like the sound of all of this. I will say I'm pumped for Chyna and the fiend though

Outside of Chyna?

Who could they add that is legends and alumni that will sell well?

Archived