Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

I wonder if All Stars gameplay has aged well. Limited but damn was it entertaining and fun

im sure it has aged well and thats because it fully committed to what it was meant to be: a balls to the wall arcade game.

HCTP was just lightning fast but i dont think it was necessarily meant to be an arcade game, the gameplay was just hyper-focused on the spectacle of WWE more than the actual fundamental wrestling part of it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought the graphics got a bad rap in this series. With how much detail they have to put in their models compared to other games, it's not surprising to me that they look worse in comparison to other yearly release titles. I'm sure Madden and NBA 2K would look bad too if they had to put more unique and specific detail to each and every model.

The only things holding this series back significantly at this point is how bad hair looks (especially long hair) and the AI being amateurish at best. If they improved those two things even a little bit I think this series would take significant steps forward.

i played All-Stars just the other day. Not only does it hold up....its probably even better than u remembered

That game is so good lol.

The ability to hit finishers in any insane situation was such a cool feature. RKOing someone from the top of the sell or spearing someone going for a springboard without a very aged canned animation was a beauty.

Speaking of All-Stars, Imagine if they added All-Star like physics as a play option similar to Big Head mode.

Actually, you know what feature from All Stars I think would work perfectly in the simulation style 2K series? The move chaining.

Speaking of All-Stars, Imagine if they added All-Star like physics as a play option similar to Big Head mode.

Actually, you know what feature from All Stars I think would work perfectly in the simulation style 2K series? The move chaining.

Heck yeah! I would love that.

Especially if it finally gives us a way to hit the Lethal Combination.

Anything Allstars would still be great today. I even loved how in caw mode you could morph the shape and size of objects to create completely different shapes.

Man, 2k needs to add this. It's a shame All Stars has all this good stuff, and 2k is lacking.

Or a Superkick into any rear grapple, or different strike combos, or basically tje ability to just string any move together. A small addition would add so much to these games.

Anything Allstars would still be great today. I even loved how in caw mode you could morph the shape and size of objects to create completely different shapes.

Man, 2k needs to add this. It's a shame All Stars has all this good stuff, and 2k is lacking.

Or a Superkick into any rear grapple, or different strike combos, or basically tje ability to just string any move together. A small addition would add so much to these games.

It would give our old friend who may still be reading this the excuse he was looking for to add more positions too. More options are always a good thing. :cool:

It would give our old friend who may still be reading this the excuse he was looking for to add more positions too. More options are always a good thing. :cool:

Agreed. At least allow kneeling or seated moves to used as signatures and finishers or add a new a position where your could use grapples with 2 superstars on the apron, which would allow moves like Zayn's apron brainbuster, or Naito's piledriver, or even Nick Jackson German suplex.

Hopefully the payback system has seen some nice improvements. It was pretty good in 2K19 but it was also pretty obviously their first implementation of it as it needs some serious balancing work.

The Payback feature is such a game changer. Probably my favorite new feature last year. I love that each level has it's own slider settings too, I usually make the Level 2 Paybacks really hard to obtain, unless I want a Gargano/Cole type match with everyone having Resiliency and insane kick outs (which is also fun).

Agreed. At least allow kneeling or seated moves to used as signatures and finishers or add a new a position where your could use grapples with 2 superstars on the apron, which would allow moves like Zayn's apron brainbuster, or Naito's piledriver, or even Nick Jackson German suplex.

I would love this idea so much. That's one thing that needs to be added that's very common in today's wrestling is chaining moves. They took a step in the right direction with some of the selling for strike moves last year leasing to back grapples and stuff but definitely superkicks and other moves as well.

Archived