NXT Discussion Thread

Ernez

Really excited for Elias Samson's debut. His character has potential to be very different and refreshing. He mentioned Bálor as his target, though. Does that mean Bálor will retain? Probably not, but fun to look into.

Very nice of WWE to play on fans' emotions on the whole Eva Marie title shot ordeal. Glad it's over though, by god is she horrible.

Apollo's always impressive. I really wish he would get a better finisher, though. His actual one is better than the Apollo Combination, but not good enough I think. They're both nice signatures, though.

Zayn! I miss him so, so much. NXT's picture changed A LOT while he was gone. He has lots of interesting matches there still, should he stay for a while more. Although Bálor has the title, Zayn is still Mr. NXT as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really excited for Elias Samson's debut. His character has potential to be very different and refreshing. He mentioned Bálor as his target, though. Does that mean Bálor will retain? Probably not, but fun to look into.

Apollo's always impressive. I really wish he would get a better finisher, though. His actual one is better than the Apollo Combination, but not good enough I think. They're both nice signatures, though.

Zayn! I miss him so, so much. NXT's picture changed A LOT while he was gone. He has lots of interesting matches there still, should he stay for a while more. Although Bálor has the title, Zayn is still Mr. NXT as far as I'm concerned.

I think Finn will retain. I've always thought that Hideo would be the one to take it from him. As far as Elias Samson goes, he referred to all of the former NXT Champions in the song except for Bo so he could feud with any of them first. Big E, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins obviously aren't coming back to NXT but I could totally see Elias coming out during Sami Zayn return promo, Neville's involved in the TakeOver Tour so there's another possibility or Bo could take exception to being left out and comes back to NXT to face Elias. I'd be fine with any of those.

I'd like to see Apollo use the C4 as a finisher.

Yeah, there was talk here before of Apollo using the C4. It would be the perfect finisher for him, I agree.

Also, while Bálor wasn't the only champion Samson mentioned, he did say Bálor was an unworthy champion, which seems to position him as a heel. So that's why I think Bálor will be his target. Not that he will feud with Bálor straight away, though. Zayn and Neville would be as good first feuds as he could get. I would really like if they follow through on this, actually. Trying to take out former champions would be an interesting driving force for him.

Is anyone else just struggling to give a damn about Crews? He's so bland.

He's a victim of the boring WWE face routine. Or maybe I'm wrong and that's how he was as Uha too but I use to love watching the odd match of his on Youtube. The dude is so talented,

However, yeah, his NXT run so far hasn't been very exciting. He has toned down his move-set too. I find both his and Finn's WWE careers pretty bland so far.

Sami, Bayley, Enzo, Cass and the Villains are really the only NXT faces who I can get into. Joe was good too because he was just himself...big Samoan bad-ass.

Is anyone else just struggling to give a damn about Crews? He's so bland.

He's a victim of the boring WWE face routine. Or maybe I'm wrong and that's how he was as Uha too but I use to love watching the odd match of his on Youtube. The dude is so talented,

However, yeah, his NXT run so far hasn't been very exciting. He has toned down his move-set too. I find both his and Finn's WWE careers pretty bland so far.

Sami, Bayley, Enzo, Cass and the Villains are really the only NXT faces who I can get into. Joe was good too because he was just himself...big Samoan bad-ass.

Thats because we know they're set to win for the rest of their careers. Same thing most people despise Reigns and Cena really yet it's happening with Balor and Crews too and no one seems to mind.

I like how there's this one Eva Marie-superfan who was hiding somewhere in the crowd and then moved next to Izzy lowkey for the main event.

And she always gets ignored by Eva too, I would hate my life.

Part of me thinks she's a plant, honestly. But then again, maybe Eva wouldn't ignore her then? I dunno.

Best thing to do, is for Bálor to bust out the Demon when he truly needs it -- not just for special occasions (like #1 contender or championship matches) and PPVs, but for actual challenges or even as a last resort. I'd use WrestleMania and maybe SummerSlam as exceptions, though.

Having Bálor win special matches without The Demon will show that he doesn't require it...but, you'll know shit will hit the fan real quick whenever he does.

Spoilers

Looks like the Demon in Balor will rise again at TakeOver: London. I don't about how NXT are booking Balor in this feud so far with Joe, if the spoilers are as accurate and everything actually went down as written. But to have him basically get bitched by Joe two weeks in a row leading up to the big show, only to have him basically hulk up in the title match, is kind of cheesy if you ask me. I get the character and all, but it was cool when it was just Finn, going extra hard, being extra focused, in a different place. But they seem to be turning Demon Balor into an actual living entity inside of Finn Balor. Maybe I'm taking it out of context, and things will be different or that I'm wrong about the booking of him.

Just don't wanna see my boy Finn played like that, man. :cry::cry:

I think the thought is to do something simillar to Jushin Liger in 96 when he turned into Kishin Liger when he had too, but Hayabusa with the Darker Side of H, but they're overplaying it big time.

It should be kept for big occasions, not every Special Event.

I like how there's this one Eva Marie-superfan who was hiding somewhere in the crowd and then moved next to Izzy lowkey for the main event.

And she always gets ignored by Eva too, I would hate my life.

Part of me thinks she's a plant, honestly. But then again, maybe Eva wouldn't ignore her then? I dunno.

I think so too considering she had the exact same attire Eva had on, which I also believe was brand new. If it was red, okay then, but how would she know exactly what she was gonna wear? Either it's a super creppy fan or just a plant I hope. :lol:

Balor has a bright future if they don't jump him to the Demon all the time. I don't want to see that every time there is a important match but i do want to see it like during the blow off for feuds. I also want to see a clear difference between the Demon and Balor.

Agreed.

Balor has a bright future if they don't jump him to the Demon all the time. I don't want to see that every time there is a important match but i do want to see it like during the blow off for feuds. I also want to see a clear difference between the Demon and Balor.

Agreed.

Archived