WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

47 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah can't wait to see WALTER, and his entrance, i've heard from those who've played it his model stands out from everyone elses as being one of the best.

nah. i feel like there are so many good models this year. he looks fine / good but i think there are much better.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

nah. i feel like there are so many good models this year. he looks fine / good but i think there are much better.

Oh you've seen his model? I'm just going by what a youtuber said, he mentioned WALTER looked really good and one of the best.

9 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

If we were still getting Showcases on the level of the Austin one, a Taker Showcase would be amazing. Not sure what a Taker Showcase would look like now where we can't seem to get many legends added.

The streak 

Agree the streak will be a good one but will not be complete because of Bray and AEW reasons. If it is going to be Undertaker's whole career, that might be hard to do specially the Legends that don't have contracts/license. Man if only they could do that, 30 years of Undertaker Showcase, thinking about the Arenas and Legends to be included for that would be huge.

Still weird to think Rey's showcase starts randomly in the middle of 2005, just skipping over his entire WCW and early WWE career. Have they ever done that in a showcase before just skipped the beginning of someone's career and started years later? I know they couldn't show the beginnings of Daniel Bryan's ROH stuff but they started him right at the beginning in his WWE career. I'd really love someone from 2K to explain why they're skipping over so much of Rey's career.

That interview Rey and Dominik did was so odd, Rey talking as if his WWE career started in 2005 or something, i believe he said it was his debut, so freaking weird as if they wanna erase Rey's WWE career from 2002-2004, whats the deal?

29 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Still weird to think Rey's showcase starts randomly in the middle of 2005, just skipping over his entire WCW and early WWE career. Have they ever done that in a showcase before just skipped the beginning of someone's career and started years later? I know they couldn't show the beginnings of Daniel Bryan's ROH stuff but they started him right at the beginning in his WWE career. I'd really love someone from 2K to explain why they're skipping over so much of Rey's career.

That interview Rey and Dominik did was so odd, Rey talking as if his WWE career started in 2005 or something, i believe he said it was his debut, so freaking weird as if they wanna erase Rey's WWE career from 2002-2004, whats the deal?

Well you know Rey was this rookie that Eddie took under his wing but despite his size Rey made up for it when on just 1 year he went from opening match to main eventing WM.

Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

ya know, i was thinking, since Undertaker is going into the HOF this year, i wonder if he'll be the focus of 2K23's Showcase.

Ive been saying for years that we need a Undertaker showcase or some fun modes including him.
The Streak mode was such a cool idea for example.

Anway...i just saw the Xbox trailer with the myrise stuff.
I really feel like the caws this year have been made worse than in 2k19.
I mean i know 2k/VC/Yukes never were really good showcasing the caw mode, they always make those bubbly, dumb caws that look like a 12 year old did them...but i feel the general quality is worse than in 2k19.
The caws look like they shine so much and are so clean, as if they are action figures.
I dont know, im not feeling their look so far.
But for that we will need to wait for early access when the Pros get their hands on the game and show what the mode really is capable.

I think the problem with showcase starting 2005 is because of the contracts for the wrestlers Rey had a match with prior to that year. Like Matt Hardy and Chavo, those were big rivalries for Rey's career but the problem during the production of the game both are in AEW. Same with Big show.

9 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Ive been saying for years that we need a Undertaker showcase or some fun modes including him.
The Streak mode was such a cool idea for example.

Anway...i just saw the Xbox trailer with the myrise stuff.
I really feel like the caws this year have been made worse than in 2k19.
I mean i know 2k/VC/Yukes never were really good showcasing the caw mode, they always make those bubbly, dumb caws that look like a 12 year old did them...but i feel the general quality is worse than in 2k19.
The caws look like they shine so much and are so clean, as if they are action figures.
I dont know, im not feeling their look so far.
But for that we will need to wait for early access when the Pros get their hands on the game and show what the mode really is capable.

Well yeah you said it they suck at showcasing caws, always have, they've never shown a good caw in their preview vids, no effort is put into them at all and no textures are used, wait till an Iconic or Misterfiend etc produces a quality caw to see what caws are capable of looking like in 2K22 and judge it from there.

2 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

ya know, i was thinking, since Undertaker is going into the HOF this year, i wonder if he'll be the focus of 2K23's Showcase.

If it's more like Austin's and 30 Years of WrestleMania, meaning more than 10 matches, sure. The reason I'm cool with Showcases is the amount of random one off's that would normally not be in the game (Savio Vega and Mikey Whipwreck in 2k16).

Surely they could have got Rey VS Eddie in from HH97? 

Just seems weird, both of them are in the game, the Halloween havoc arena has been in the last few games so there’s no issues around licensing etc. if it’s legit, even the trophy lost someone posted earlier included a thumbnail of Rey in his HH attire - we would get a WCW Rey and Eddie model and it would feel like attention had been paid pre 2005. 

I understand if 2k couldn’t have the licenses to be able to use the likes of Psicosis, Malenko, Juvi etc but Rey and Eddies WCW feud would seem an odd omission. 

I feel like theres a few bonus matches in showcase they haven't told us about, Halloween Havoc 97 being one of them, maybe a couple from Rey's early WWE career, would love to get a Ruthless Aggression Era Lesnar. Theres probably a few matches as bonus matches cherry picked from matches with wrestlers they could get in the game.

Like I said before, I'd like to have a non-full bodysuit WCW Rey, since he only wore that attire once.  Arena-wise, Halloween Havoc 97 is some of my best creation work, but I would love to see what 2K can do with it.

For some reason, I stayed up all night working on championship belt logos. My "paint program" skills have improved since 2K19, I haven't played a wrestling game in 3 years, and I've found some REALLY good shit to use in that time.  Road Wild is probably still going to be my weakest arena, but I think I have a solution to that.

2 hours ago, glennsoe said:

I got the feeling people are gonna have/take the attitude of "2 years for THIS"??

And this is why I ll be off the internet when the game is out

If I enjoy it great if not then i'll have my own regrets 

4 hours ago, Golden Boy® said:

What's there to panic though

normally you don't put out a tweet about moving up an already planned showcase at the dead of night East Coast/West Coast time (3am/1am respectfully). this feels like 2K was trying to get ahead of another leak and take back control of the promotional schedule...in an extremely sloppy fashion.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived