Roman Reigns announces he has Leukemia

Ziggy Vercetti

Can we just say get well soon Roman without prefacing it with "look, I don't like Roman" or talking about you being one of the few to actually like him? What does that have to do with anything? Just give the human being your well wishes.

What's the difference as long as people are hoping he gets better.

It can give off the vibe that you're more about inflating your ego by making your specific well-wishes seem more important than actually wishing Roman well.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we just say get well soon Roman without prefacing it with "look, I don't like Roman" or talking about you being one of the few to actually like him? What does that have to do with anything? Just give the human being your well wishes.

What's the difference as long as people are hoping he gets better.

It can give off the vibe that you're more about inflating your ego by making your specific well-wishes seem more important than actually wishing Roman well.

Bingo.

Yep, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

I missed your post the first time around. I see it now. Yeah, it really quite bad that people have to feel the need to preface a post simply wishing a human being a good recovery. The ones who say "I never liked Roman, but" are trying to defend some reputation they think they might have when it comes to this. As if any of us really remember peoples individual feelings about this guy. The ones saying "I think I was one of his first supporters" are just trying to inflate their own ego as if it makes their well wishes more important.

Don't want to steer the topic here, but come on people. It's incredibly transparant. Just say your peace without any kind of agenda.

Yep, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

I missed your post the first time around. I see it now. Yeah, it really quite bad that people have to feel the need to preface a post simply wishing a human being a good recovery. The ones who say "I never liked Roman, but" are trying to defend some reputation they think they might have when it comes to this. As if any of us really remember peoples individual feelings about this guy. The ones saying "I think I was one of his first supporters" are just trying to inflate their own ego as if it makes their well wishes more important.

Don't want to steer the topic here, but come on people. It's incredibly transparant. Just say your peace without any kind of agenda.

Im gonna play devils advocate to you and just say I dont think its a big deal. Let them be.

Some people do feel the need to defend themselves because they fear being attached by someone by saying oh but I thought you hated Roman?. Its childish, and while I may not see it on here specifically, it is definitely something youd see on Twitter, Instagram or other platforms.

Some people just dont want to say get well Roman and give their personal input. Thats fine.

I'm really surprised Vince wasn't there, maybe it was too much for him. That is so sad, I choked up when Braun hugged him.

It got me when Heyman hugged him & told him he was not alone.

Also, a wild Jason Jordan sighting.

I don't think it's a big deal either, in the grand scheme of things. People can do what they want, but It's still transparent as hell.

Well...I think some people just want to make it clear that they may have hated the character at one point, but never hated the guy. I don't think it's necessarily "defending" themselves, or trying to "inflate" their ego. It isn't like "oh...he's sick, so I need to jump on the bandwagon and like him now"...it's just that you feel compelled to draw the line between fantasy and reality when a real person is involved in a real situation. It's done out of respect for Roman more than anything else...at least in my case. Sometimes wrestling fans need to cancel their narrative just the same as the wrestlers themselves do.

It's pretty much the same as when Vince McMahon came out on the Benoit show and said "the McMahon character was supposed to be dead, but now that doesn't matter...because a man actually is dead". I think fans are doing the same thing..."I was supposed to hate Roman...but that doesn't matter, because real shit is more important." People just want to make that known. I don't think you need to pin such a negative connotation to people showing human emotion for a dude that they formerly disliked as a performer. It shows the better side of humanity, tbh.

The main thing is that Roman kicks this thing's ass. Anything other than that is immaterial. Although personally I do hope a hell of a lot of people that hated the man as a result of the character he played - and couldn't differentiate are looking at themselves. I'm sure that's been discussed at length anyway.

Ironically this is probably what changes those peoples' opinions of him. For whatever their opinions are worth.

I'm watching Raw now, and let me just praise WWE and the trio of Michael Cole, Renee and Corey for once again showing such class and dignity on what must have been a very difficult night for them.

Graves was definitely depressing. And the part on the WWE.com exclusive with Braun hugging Reigns backstage. Surreal to see a dude who might very well be considered Reigns' top rival/nemesis giving him a huge bear hug.

And of course, Rollins weeping like Reigns was already dead. Shit...I felt bad for Roman. I was like...the dude is right there, Rollins...slow your roll. :lol: Sick people need support to beat that shit. You can't be acting like they're already gone...

Also, what are the odds on WWE starting something like the "Big Dog" foundation for leukemia research? If not WWE, then maybe Reigns himself?

Graves was definitely depressing. And the part on the WWE.com exclusive with Braun hugging Reigns backstage. Surreal to see a dude who might very well be considered Reigns' top rival/nemesis giving him a huge bear hug.

And of course, Rollins weeping like Reigns was already dead. Shit...I felt bad for Roman. I was like...the dude is right there, Rollins...slow your role. :lol: Sick people need support to beat that shit. You can't be acting like they're already gone...

Was kind of like that with the "Thank you Roman" chants. I mean it was lovely to hear, but as he said, he's intending on being back in that ring.

Yeah i lost it at Seth being in tears. Dean did well but you could see he was tearing up too. Plus Renee and Corey were struggling to hold it together on commentary like instantly after that. Thankfully had some time between that and Heyman cause he got me choked up as well. Just a damn sad situation all around

Archived