REPORT: SmackDown Getting NEW Women's and Tag Team Championship Belts

St★rstruck

I'd prefer having the same amount of titles we had since before the split but RAW and SmackDown are being portrayed as separate shows so it makes sense for each show to have their own main, mid-card, tag team and women's championships. They could make some titles cross-branded, as some mentioned, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of the split. It doesn't mater if only a few people appear on both shows, RAW and SmackDown are supposed to be separate.

I'm not happy nor am I upset about the news, I'm more so curious as to how things will go. I also hope the new titles aren't just recolored versions of the already existing titles. Especially the tag belts, hate that design.

RAW spoiler

Obviously Randy showing up on RAW is a special exception since his match against Brock was gaining hype since before the draft.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like we don't HAVE to make extra title belts. Who says that RAW Superstars can't show up on Smackdown or vice versa?

Raw spoiler:

Look at Randy Orton last night! The guy made the biggest impact of the night because no one expected him to show up, let alone lay out Brock Lesnar (or at least I wasn't expecting any of that).

The point is that the amount of excitement of having SD invade Raw essentially is good business and gives each show a rub so why convolute your titles? Yeah it may sell more merch, but having too many titles doesn't make the ones you have special.

Because that makes the brand split null and void and considering its not two weeks in, that would be a bad business decision.

Orton showing up on RAW is a special occasion. This match has been building since before the draft.

I don't think it should happen all the time, nor should it. As you say, it's a special occasion. I think it's be pretty special to have Sasha Banks for example to show up on SmackDown and say "You know what? I want a match with you Becky Lynch!"

This only needs to happen only once, or maybe even not at all. They could cut promos on their respective shows until the stare down at the PPV, which could be pretty epic depending on how that program is booked.

If we continue with my Sasha/Becky example, the fact that the Women's title is on Raw would be reason enough for Becky to want to win it and represent SmackDown as the Women's champ. Then the ladies of SmackDown can wrestle for it while Raw finds another worthy contender.

This was the original vision I had about how the Women's title was going to work. SmackDown shouldn't feel obligated to create new titles because the ones that are in place now are fine. It also makes SmackDown look weak and desperate. Hey SmackDown, you want a Women's title? Go over there and take it!

Okay sure I agree, that sounds good to me.

Although you guys are saying that titles should be cross-branded to increase prestige, in kayfabe, having separate titles makes complete sense. WWE are clearly trying to convey RAW and SD as separate entities, and Bryan and Shane aren't gonna want their superstars going to RAW to face THEIR champions, they want to have their own.

I'm not necessarily in favour of creating new championships, but I don't really see the point in complaining when surely it became obvious was gonna do this as soon as they announced the Universal Championship. It was gonna go either way and tbh it's been clear for ages that WWE would most likely create new titles rather than going cross-branded.

I know. I'm still complaining because I don't like it. What's the point? Nothing. But there doesn't need to be a point even when it's inevitable.

Then please make all PPVs brand specific too. Because otherwise there is no way that both brand's respective titles get the same treatment.

Besides the Big Four, PPVs are brand specific now.

Then please make all PPVs brand specific too. Because otherwise there is no way that both brand's respective titles get the same treatment.

I know. The Big four should be too, if they want to actually do a hard split.

I know. The Big four should be too, if they want to actually do a hard split.

they is no way the big 4 should be Raw and SD exclusive. you will NEVER see WrestleMania Raw only or SD only.

I know. Which is exactly why I am against two world titles for every division.

Why? There doesn't need to be a correlation between the two. If there was we wouldn't have gotten the ending for WrestleMania XX.

Harper as RAW champion.

Bray as SD champion.

Wrestlemania 34.

All 4 Wyatt's celebrating to end the show.

...YES! YES! YES!

Braun as the new Cruiserweight champion

BOOK IT.

You just gave me a scary thought though. I really hope they don't have Braun come down and destroy the CW division in the middle of matches like Kane, Show and other monsters used to do back in the day. That was the worst.

Almost as bad as when a monster destroys a credible tag team or the champions themselves (like Cena did to Cade and Murdoch) in handicap matches.

Horrible memories from the last brand split.

This thread just shows that you can't please everyone but I sure as hell am happy with the decision. It helps the split be what it's suppose to be. Giving more women opportunity without one side needing to wait around while the other is playing with it at a current moment. (yawn).

Maybe people will come around to it later or maybe they wont. Either way I can't wait to see what happens.

I'm with you.

I guarantee there would be more complaints when one roster goes without a shot for too long.

Completely agree with both posts.

Can't believe anyone is actually for this.

I just get it.
Yupp

What?

Why they're making new titles.

Cruiserweight Division Raw, Women Division Smackdown there problem solved.

Yep. Close the topic.

There would be a shit storm guaranteed about how males can wrestle on both brands but females cannot.

Not saying this to argue because it's not something I would make an issue out of. It's just something I know people will complain about.

What I don't get is the recent split of teams like the lucha dragons. You'd think more teams are needed for the roster split.Also does anyone know if the women's division is big enough for two rosters?

The Lucha Dragons split seemingly because they needed more cruiserweights, but then they put Kalisto on Smackdown. Also yeah the divisions big enough, both shows have 5+ women atleast.

What I don't get is the recent split of teams like the lucha dragons. You'd think more teams are needed for the roster split.Also does anyone know if the women's division is big enough for two rosters?

The Lucha Dragons split seemingly because they needed more cruiserweights, but then they put Kalisto on Smackdown. Also yeah the divisions big enough, both shows have 5+ women atleast.

5+ is not big lol. Especially when you look at the lack of experience on SmackDown.

I really don't like when "divisions" have like 6 or 7 people max. How much prestige can their be in being the best out of 6 other girls on the roster? To be frank, I think the women should have their own 1 hour show.

Well they are working on bringing in more to fill those spots up so we'll see what happens. #BringOnMelina

Archived