WWE 2K19 Towers Mode

Ernez

I guess my own problem with this is that all the characters behaves the same. I mean the move set is different, sure, but in AI and behavior wise, they all act pretty much as everyone else. The Undertaker doesn't behave differently from lets say Bray Wyatt. The tower thingy works fine in MK, because MK is a fighting game where every character plays and acts differently. They all have their own unique styles and Shao Khan was a BS spammer bot! But in WWE games the AI is pretty much the same for everyone, so your play style don't have to change when going up against a different opponent. So how much different is this really from Universe mode or Exhibition? Perhaps this works better for the MyPlayer stuff. I dunno, I guess I'll give it a shot, but at least for now I won't be expecting much replay value from this.

Agree 100%

I don't feel like there is enough difference in AI to make it feel like I'm facing unique people. I feel they added the heath disadvantages and things like that to balance this, but eh.

I have a feeling the wrestler pics are all place holder. There are only 2 wrestlers i saw updated. Cena and Aj.

For the new mode. I'm not interested that much since we can't join the million dollar thingy since I live in the Philippines.

From my understanding they are not placeholders. Check the confirmed info thread.

I thought timschel confirmed in the other thread that the character portraits are the last to be edited? So that means that most but not all wrestlers shown in the pic may still change in the final build. Especially Daniel Bryan, they already have the short hair model of him in 2K18, I'm sure they could just reuse that and put his current attire. If Finn Balor's demon attire in Summerslam is in 2K18, I have faith in 2K they will update majority of the characters in the upcoming game.

Hey, he posted that after I posted my comment there. Was confused. My bad.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I was looking at dev blog once again and I stuck at monsters thing in 2K towers. And I looked for 15 monsters from last years game.

Vader

Andre

Strowman

Typhoon

Lars Sullivan

Earth Quake

Killian Dain

Big Show

Bam Bam Bigelow

I came up with 9 names. Do you people think people like Undertaker, Kane, Dusty etc comes under monsters?

Sid could qualify too. Batista & Brock too.

Then it will round off the contestants. I thought we will get some new monsters when my intial findings found 9 monsters.

Goldberg could also prob count as a monster as well. Also Mark Henry since I notice he wasn't in your list.

I'm excited about Tower Mode. Looks interesting and should give us lots of stuff to do. I hope the daily and weekly challenges gives us lots ot prizes for completing the challenges. I think TonyPizzaGuy was saying it around like April or so that instead of abandoning the game a few months after its out, they should do what Injustice 2 was doing where it can still release updates and attires so that we can keep the game up to date without having to wait another year for more people. But small details I noticed

- Champions of NXT would mean that most likely they are up to Black as NXT Champion which also means, we would get Andrade in the game, I hope that means we get Zelina as well....I hope she's not like Lana was for the longest time and just a part of his entrance.

- The Rock's model which looked the exact same as 18's version. I hope that is simply a placeholder because if we have to go until 2020 before we get his new bull skull tattoo....Imma be hella pissed.

• 2 weeks later...

In towers mode article it mentioned that we can unlock match types as a homage for certain characters.

Thinking about the characters who made certain match types famous.

casket and buried alive - Undertaker

inferno - Kane

I quit - John Cena

Ambulance - ????

Stretcher - ????

Punjabi prison - Khali

I hope 2 or 3 types makes it return from the above list.

I dont know who made Ambulance and Stretcher matches famous. Anyone?

Welp, now you know what Ismailer meant by making the games long term experiences.

I'm not really a challenge guy but what was that one Smackdown game that had challenges like this? I can't remember exactly what they were but I can imagine all the bullsheeit you have to deal with. Win the gauntlet with strikes (or grapples) only, no running allowed, don't touch the ropes, springboard/dive moves do finisher damage, can't use sigs or finishers to win matches, the ringside is lava!, explosive chairshots, opponent has unlimited finishers, taunts give opponent permanent power stacks, strong strikes only, Hell in a Cell PPV tower all matches are HIAC 5 on 1 handicapped matches and you have to break the cell to win, Extreme Rules PPV tower all matches have to end by putting opponents through flaming tables (can you still light tables on fire?). Endless screwjobs await you.... if you're into that. Hopefully they bring back Slobberknocker for this.

Mighty Morphin Power Kaneger tower, all opponents are various colored Kanes and you have to defeat them in 5 on 1s for 4 matches and then beat 29 of them starting from number 1 in a Royal Rumble and they only focus on you.

In towers mode article it mentioned that we can unlock match types as a homage for certain characters.

inferno - Kane

I quit - John Cena

Ambulance - ????

Stretcher - ????

Punjabi prison - Khali

I dont want to get my hopes up but this intrigues me.

inferno - Kane

I quit - John Cena

Ambulance - ????

Stretcher - ????

Punjabi prison - Khali

That's interesting. I don't remember getting so many new matches at once ever before. Even if we can get just a few, it'd be cool.

Also DB showcase has Special Referee match. Hope they will make it available in exhibition mode. There is also street fight match but street fight is basically no holds barred match type unless we get street access.

Also we have lumber jack, mixed match commentary in WWE2K18.

I am waiting for the list of match types which will be available in the game. It will give new ways to have our stories in universe mode.

Also DB showcase has Special Referee match. Hope they will make it available in exhibition mode. There is also street fight match but street fight is basically no holds barred match type unless we get street access.

Also we have lumber jack, mixed match commentary in WWE2K18.

I am waiting for the list of match types which will be available in the game. It will give new ways to have our stories in universe mode.

Hopefully the Special Guest Referee match is also available in Exhibition and Universe modes. Wouldn't assume anything yet, 2k15 HBK vs HHH feud had a casket match, but that was Showcase mode exclusive, same thing with the Buried Alive match in 2k16

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like the Multiverse from Injustice 2. There are heaps of great rewards in Injustice though with almost endless character upgrades and new gear. There needs to be rewards that are worthwhile irvthe mode is pointless. They had something similar in Legends of Wrestlemania years ago.

Towers could work if each one is unique, since we know the AI is not going to change. They could make each tower a particular stipulation or set of stipulations like the hardcore tower where you face off in different types of hardcore matches ( extreme, falls count anywhere, backstage brawls) they could have the techinian tower ( submission, I quit, and straight up normal matches)

Or have themes towers based on gimmicks ( monster/giant, Luchadors,) there should be a tag team tower a legends tower and each one should reward you with a unique version of a character or a unique arena

Archived