WWE 2K19 Towers Mode

Ernez

People never complained when they did old THQ modes. Moreover same majority people has been asking for those old modes and match types since 2K15. Especially story designer is famous and from past 3 years GM mode requests were on a raise.

What THQ modes did 2K redo? I dont remember anything top of my head. They carry forward universe mode, thats it. Career mode is their own creation and now this 2K towers mode.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a way you can deliver honest criticsm without sounding like a whiny kid. You have examples in front of you everyday but you call us 2K fanboys because we arent as obnoxious about it. None of us are overly defensive of 2K, its just the way you come off makes us have to defend them. Most of us have a lot to say about this game but its mostly constructive criticism, like adults. If you are getting scolded both here and on the 2K forums then maybe its just you bro. Im on the 2K forums all the time, Zeokage is nice and as critical as I am of the game, the highest thing I got flack for was using profanity. Relax or quit the series man, please.

Maybe you have different opinion of zeokage but the opinion on him is different for many. Check the 2K games expanding thread and there a user mentioned how he deleted his first thread and created it as his own again as he got a source for it, read the wwegames on twitter and many people say how he bans even if we post source for articles, especially about Nintendo switch version. He dont even want us to talk about Nintendo Switch version maybe those are hints from 2K themselves and he dont have anything to do with it.

I dont whine but I am harsh on 2K. This year I am taking back seat honestly as other people on caws are more critical than me, maybe they got vexed with the series and copy pastes. Atleast I am trying to defend them in some parts like roster, backstage, crowd fighting, gameplay, creation, RTG etc things. Last year I was more critical on this series.

That's subjective though. A lot feels Daniel Bryan is important.

I think Daniel Bryan will be updated. Maybe it is the alternate attire or model from the game. I dont think 2K will leave the most important character without updating.

That sneaky loot box section

Beating 15 dudes in a row with only 1 HP bar on higher difficulies seems kinda unfair. Hope there's no achievements tied to it

Of course they'll probably charge like, £2 to fully heal you

Beating 15 dudes in a row with only 1 HP bar on higher difficulies seems kinda unfair. Hope there's no achievements tied to it

It's suppose to be hard...otherwise you'd have millions of people going after the million dollars.

It's suppose to be hard...otherwise you'd have millions of people going after the million dollars.

I thought it was just million VC in game for attributes and such

No, it's for the million dollar challenge.

What happens when you skim read lol

Fair enough I guess

More reason not to tie it to achievements

What happens when you skim read lol

Fair enough I guess

More reason not to tie it to achievements

lmao let's hope not

I get the feeling that the person winning 1 mill will be someone tied to 2K or the WWE.

They aint gonna give out 1 mill to someone real

Or they'll pay them like 10k to lose on purpose to AJ

So with other words:

- copy the mortal kombat towers

- change the towers names and the challenge types

- replace the MK warriors with wwe superstars

- present it as something new and different

Voila!

I hope the addition of this mode doesn't justify the absence of a proper story mode once again, but it probably will.

Yeah, but the existence of lootboxes suggests the idea of the player being charged in order to get through difficult scenarios. They wouldn't exist otherwise. Usually this is what lootboxes are meant to accomplish and it adds an artificial and cheap feel to progression. There's a real risk of the entire mode suffering because of that, but we'll see.

So with other words:

- copy the mortal kombat towers

- change the towers names and the challenge types

- replace the MK warriors with wwe superstars

- present it as something new and different

Voila!

Lol this is what bothers me too. I'm open-minded about this and all, but realistically speaking, we can already tell that the mode didn't require much effort to make, and the fact that it will probably be meant to explain the absence of modes that the players have been hoping for, is what sucks so much. Classic 2k. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but who is expecting something like Showcase, RtWM or create-a-story to get revealed at this point? That announcement would have taken precedence over this one, for sure, if it did exist.

People complain when they redo old THQ modes, and then when they do something new they complain they arent redoing old THQ modes. I dont get it.

I dont get this logic tbh....

I don't mind them trying something newish but it just seems like the main focus for 2K with this series will be things involving loot crates and if the mode doesn't feature Microtransactions or loot crates it's an after thought

If I actually beat it and got to play AJ I probably try to beat him with Nakamura.

If this contest is rigged then fantasy booking wise it could be a way to bring in Kenny Omega. I am sure the contest will take place on UUDD and Omega has already been on the channel.

As long as they don't lock our customisation for CAW mode behind a wall of RNG.

I really dread it will be something like:

"Congratulations! You defeated the 'Hustle, Loyalty, Respect' Tower.

You have won:

John Cena Never Give Up Armband (Right arm)

I guess my own problem with this is that all the characters behaves the same. I mean the move set is different, sure, but in AI and behavior wise, they all act pretty much as everyone else. The Undertaker doesn't behave differently from lets say Bray Wyatt. The tower thingy works fine in MK, because MK is a fighting game where every character plays and acts differently. They all have their own unique styles and Shao Khan was a BS spammer bot! But in WWE games the AI is pretty much the same for everyone, so your play style don't have to change when going up against a different opponent. So how much different is this really from Universe mode or Exhibition? Perhaps this works better for the MyPlayer stuff. I dunno, I guess I'll give it a shot, but at least for now I won't be expecting much replay value from this.

Agree 100%

I don't feel like there is enough difference in AI to make it feel like I'm facing unique people. I feel they added the heath disadvantages and things like that to balance this, but eh.

I have a feeling the wrestler pics are all place holder. There are only 2 wrestlers i saw updated. Cena and Aj.

For the new mode. I'm not interested that much since we can't join the million dollar thingy since I live in the Philippines.

From my understanding they are not placeholders. Check the confirmed info thread.

I thought timschel confirmed in the other thread that the character portraits are the last to be edited? So that means that most but not all wrestlers shown in the pic may still change in the final build. Especially Daniel Bryan, they already have the short hair model of him in 2K18, I'm sure they could just reuse that and put his current attire. If Finn Balor's demon attire in Summerslam is in 2K18, I have faith in 2K they will update majority of the characters in the upcoming game.

I guess my own problem with this is that all the characters behaves the same. I mean the move set is different, sure, but in AI and behavior wise, they all act pretty much as everyone else. The Undertaker doesn't behave differently from lets say Bray Wyatt. The tower thingy works fine in MK, because MK is a fighting game where every character plays and acts differently. They all have their own unique styles and Shao Khan was a BS spammer bot! But in WWE games the AI is pretty much the same for everyone, so your play style don't have to change when going up against a different opponent. So how much different is this really from Universe mode or Exhibition? Perhaps this works better for the MyPlayer stuff. I dunno, I guess I'll give it a shot, but at least for now I won't be expecting much replay value from this.

Thats one of my main problems with the AI.

They all feel the same.

Yeah they have different movesets etc but nothing about the AI feels unique to them.

That is what makes this tower a problem because you go through one match after another that will probably feel the same just with a different enemy model.

Archived