Official WWE Payback Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So since the US title is now the property of Smackdown Live and if Jericho wins, he will go to Smackdown Live... does this mean if Wyatt were to win the WWE title, he will also go to Smackdown Live?

Thats the only thing that makes sense so i hope so.

Well or he's just been traded to RAW. What Vibe said isn't the only thing that made sense. He's been traded to RAW admist a program with Orton and they have to finish it off. The Jericho and Owens thing is separate.

Guess it's obvious none of the recently traded superstars will lose.

Except for Bray, because a win would either mean Smackdown would be without a world title or Bray would've been on RAW challenging Finn Balor for no reason.

Unless Bray wins the WWE title, moves to Smackdown, gets challenged by Finn right after, drops it to Finn and they both go to Smackdown....no, that's nonsense, never mind.

Oh wow I just realized they've said nothing about that match being for the title.

If it's not for the title then I'm kinda mad this match is even happening because I am very tired of this feud. Did Bray even get a title rematch?

Bray/Randy not being for the title makes that match even more nonsensical. Why bother continuing a feud when the people are on different shows? It seriously only made sense when it was one last chance for Bray to regain his title.

And speaking of titles and stupid bullshit shenanigans...Brock needs to drop the Universal title to Braun ASAP...because this whole "Raw not having a main title scene" thing is stupid as *Censored* right now. It's better than Goldberg being champion...but not by much.

Oh wow I just realized they've said nothing about that match being for the title.

If it's not for the title then I'm kinda mad this match is even happening because I am very tired of this feud. Did Bray even get a title rematch?

I'm pretty sure Bray said this would be his rematch, but that might've been before the draft. I actually hope it's not for the title, tbh.

WWE.com makes me think the belt is on the line. The other title matches are laid out in the same way...for example, the women's title match just says "Raw Women's Champion Bayley vs Alexa Bliss"...and the Orton/Bray match says "WWE Champion Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt"...same with the US title, same with the CW title. I think it's just a case of laziness and semantics. Odd that they wouldn't outright say "WWE Championship match"...and would think that just listing Orton as the champion is good enough. But...whatever.

Archived