Official WWE Roadblock Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Looks fine to me.

I still don't know why people have such an issue with the title going back and forth between two people. That's what a feud is. Two people who hate each other...always fighting each other. If a belt is involved, the belt usually changes hands a few times. In the case of Sasha and Charlotte, the belt changed hands many times in less than a year...because they wanted to emphasize that both girls are equals and the belt can change any time they wrestle. If the belt didn't change as much as it has in this feud, we would not recognize Charlotte and Sasha as anything close to equals. There have been WAY worse feuds with shitty title reigns...so I don't know why people choose to complain about this one (which has had no shortage of awesome matches and memorable moments).

Cause fans gotta complain about something. I like it i have no problem with and how the feud ended.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you'd divide Charlotte's first reign in half, it would be one day short of being exactly as long as Sasha's three reigns combined.

That feud ran its course a while ago. Glad it's over. Everything involving Reigns/Rollins/Owens/Jericho is so damn cartoony that I'm done with that too.

The tag team-title match was great, with a fantastic finish. Too bad that they felt The New Day had to drop the titles the first chance they get after breaking the record. It's so predictable.

Lol wtf is the mess with the women's feud. take it, gimme back, take it, gimme back.. Honestly it was pretty stupid by Sasha (by booking) making her tap out when there was only 5 seconds left.. I mean come on, it was right there.

I knew The New Day would lose in the next ppv after beating the record right away. It was an amazing match though.

Let's see. The tag team title match was fun, Braun Strowman and Sami Zayn was good from an underdog standpoint but giving Zayn the win when it should've been a DRAW was stupid, Charlotte and Sasha wasn't as good as Sasha and Bayley but it was a......kinda slow and dull match until the falls started to come by then it started to pick up in interest. And I don't care how sour people get over the finish, Charlotte being champion is a great thing.

Other than that, oh yeah and Neville getting Pittsburgh to chant 'thank you Neville' at him for beating everyone's ass after that heatless triple threat match, Roadblock was no good. Rollins and Jericho was something we've seen so many times, the cruiserweights worked hard as hell and no one cared until Neville as I aforementioned showed up and the main event was boring.

If people still think that Raw is better than SmackDown, need to re-watch all of the PPVs from both brands again. Cause SmackDown easily beats all of Raw's PPV hands down.

Looks fine to me.

I still don't know why people have such an issue with the title going back and forth between two people. That's what a feud is. Two people who hate each other...always fighting each other. If a belt is involved, the belt usually changes hands a few times. In the case of Sasha and Charlotte, the belt changed hands many times in less than a year...because they wanted to emphasize that both girls are equals and the belt can change any time they wrestle. If the belt didn't change as much as it has in this feud, we would not recognize Charlotte and Sasha as anything close to equals. There have been WAY worse feuds with shitty title reigns...so I don't know why people choose to complain about this one (which has had no shortage of awesome matches and memorable moments).

The way Sasha and Charlotte's fued went at some point one woman would have come out stronger regardless of them starting equal. Wwe shpuld have either

1. Left the belt on Sasha tonight or at HIAC

Or

2. Had Charlotte win last raw in the falls count anywhere.

They're really set on Charlotte's PPV win streak. It's crazy.

I know its like New Days shit all over again. Now she wont lose till god knows when
Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania

Mania to Bayley is the only thing i can see at the minute. It has to be a big deal and it would give Bayley a big boost.

You can do at Rumble since its gonna be in the Alamodome and thats gonna be a huge show.

Show sucked. Like, seriously. They usually have at least one standout match when a PPV is shit but this was legit a glorified RAW.

Zayn is a world class competitor but we're supposed to be impressed that he can last 10 minutes in a match against Strowman. Way to make someone look like they ain't shit.

Rollins/Jericho and Owens/Reigns were okay. Charlotte/Sasha was boring as shit till like the last 7-8 minutes of the match (normal time). And even after that, it wasn't anything special. And the fact Charlotte won it back again... it's just stupid at this point. At least the feud is over. Please get Bayley involved in the picture now.

The CW title match was good and I'm looking forward to heel Neville. He's long overdue a push.

The MOTN was probably the Tag Team Championship match. Beyond happy New Day have finally lost the gold. Don't give a shit if it was right after they broke the record. I've been sick of them for months. And I really enjoy Cesaro-Sheamus as a tag team so it was a win-win for me.

So yeah, a largely boring show and seemed as filler before the Royal Rumble. No match was anything great and it was just... dull.

Called Jericho attacking KO for the DQ win and Reigns standing tall at the end of the PPV. Lame. MOTN was the tags match and even then it was only 10 minutes long so it wasn't as good as it could've been. Would've liked it more if Sheamus had brogue kicked Kofi before pinning him.

The women's match booking was shit all around. Also where did Michael Cole get the 15-0 streak in PPV singles matches from? It's totally bullshit.

I think this PPV ended the Big Money Meltz at least one 4 star match in a PPV streak. And in the last PPV of the year. RIP :(

New Day drppping the titles was obvious. WWE really seems to love doing that. Should've kept them til the Rumble or Mania. Or at least the New Year. Upset that it was to Swiss Noise, but the match was still good and the finish was great. CW match happened. Same with Zayne and Strawmsn. Women's match was boring AF til the end and it was predictable. Of course Charlotte wins again, continuing the game hot potato and her PPV streak. Don't get me wrong, the fued was great but the stuff with the title got old. And I'm admittedly salty about Sasha not getting a decent reign. I'm guessing Charlotte loses at either Rumble or Mania (likely Mania), but to who? And which Raw does Sasha win it back? Main Event was meh, though I did enjoy Owens' frogsplahes on the table. Ending was half expected, and I'm indifferent towards the Shield teasing. Just hurry up and put them back together already.

I think the problem with Raw and why this PPV was so underwhelming is bc we have seen all these matches on Raw. And on Raw these matches are given a lot of time so it covers 3 hours. Sure Smackdown has some of the same matches on their weekly shows but at least they break up the feud with promo segements that take up time on a 2 hour show but would be nothing on a 3 hour show

They're really set on Charlotte's PPV win streak. It's crazy.

I know its like New Days shit all over again. Now she wont lose till god knows when
Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania
Mania to Bayley is the only thing i can see at the minute. It has to be a big deal and it would give Bayley a big boost.

You can do at Rumble since its gonna be in the Alamodome and thats gonna be a huge show.

True i only figured Mania since it could have a longer build. Plus id like Charlotte to hold the damn title for more than a month

Listening to Bryan and Vinny's review of Roadblock and there's something Bryan Alvarez said that I didn't catch last night.

Sasha, the babyface, was ahead and needed to hang on for 2 minutes to retain her title from Charlotte, the heel, and Sasha ends up tapping out at the last 2 seconds. I didn't even noticed how ass-backwards this was at first. Charlotte should've lead, 2-0 at least, and Sasha scores two falls including a dramatic Banks Statement for the last two minutes and the valiant babyface finally makes the heel tap out at the last 2 seconds.

I don't even know anymore.

Archived