Official WWE Roadblock Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Yeah...it's almost as if they're trying to do some original booking for that match and not go with what people constantly say is what they should have done isn't it...

If they booked it the way people are saying it should have gone then those same people complaining now would almost definitely be complaining that it was booked too predictably.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This hot-potatoeing thing with Charlotte/ Sasha Banks is beyond retarded.

Why? it shows how competitive the feud is.

That doesn't mean people have to like it

Yeah...it's almost as if they're trying to do some original booking for that match and not go with what people constantly say is what they should have done isn't it...

If they booked it the way people are saying it should have gone then those same people complaining now would almost definitely be complaining that it was booked too predictably.

yet it was predictable this way considering Charlotte being undefeated at ppvs.

I thought Roadblock was okay. What was good was great, and what was bad was terribly bad. I loved Cesaro & Sheamus winning the tag belts ( FINALLY New Day's reign comes to an end) and the iron woman match was getting good but had a terrible ending. Jericho Vs Rollins was an okay match, the triple threat cruiserweight title match was okay, and the main event was about as good as a Reigns match can get. I didn't expect Jeriko reuniting, but everyone and their grandmas saw the Seth/Reigns reunion. Some people were calling this the worst PPV of the year, which is quite the exxageration, since Fastlame took that spot as soon as it happened. But overall it was alright.

I wouldn't. I've said many times that predictability is NOT a bad thing. If Sasha had made a valiant comeback and tied the match at the last 2 seconds, you would've swerved the fans (a little) into thinking that Sasha Banks might be able to retain her title this time on PPV......and then have Charlotte beat her in sudden death.

I knew Charlotte was winning regardless, but even a 'predictable outcome' would've been better than what they did with Sasha tapping out twice basically in quick succession. It kinda made Charlotte out to be the face which is what you DON'T want happening.

Reading this thread just saved me 3 hours. I've a feeling WWE is going downhill again, especially with Cena certain to go over AJ in the next couple of months.

Cesaro and Sheamus as tag champions? Jesus.

I think the bad booking on the women's match started when Charlotte threw Sasha back in the ring at an 8 count after the stairs spot. Why would she do that? It's just about the only championship match where you can win by count out and the heel refuses to do so. If they didn't want to have a fall there they should've just left Charlotte in the ring gloating and Sasha getting in the ring at a 9 count (not running like Reigns in the main event).

I hate when belts don't change hands, tbh. Always have. I prefer a rotating championship feud over what we just had from New Day...any day of the week. When belts change hands often, it just means that the field of competition is stacked. I already like the Cruiserweight title more than most of the other belts in the WWE...and the exact reason is because it changes hands often.

I hate when belts don't change hands, tbh. Always have. I prefer a rotating championship feud over what we just had from New Day...any day of the week. When belts change hands often, it just means that the field of competition is stacked. I already like the Cruiserweight title more than most of the other belts in the WWE...and the exact reason is because it changes hands often.

I'll agree to an extent (because I don't mind long reigns either). I just don't get the bitching. WWE and MMA are two very different things but the UFC championship, for example, is rarely retained over 2 title defenses.

If two equal competitors are battling over and over again, it makes sense for them to exchange victories. I don't see how it maked a staged professional wrestling title "look worthless".

Or even incidents like Ryder winning at WM but than losing the title in the same week. Shit like that can happen. Once again, it should have no effect on a staged wrestling title.

I'll agree to an extent (because I don't mind long reigns either). I just don't get the bitching. WWE and MMA are two very different things but the UFC championship, for example, is rarely retained over 2 title defenses.

If two equal competitors are battling over and over again, it makes sense for them to exchange victories. I don't see how it maked a staged professional wrestling title "look worthless".

Or even incidents like Ryder winning at WM but than losing the title in the same week. Shit like that can happen. Once again, it should have no effect on a staged wrestling title.

Or, when you have longer reigns, the champion looks like the best, the cream of the crop, and the guy who comes along and knocks him off looks even better for being able to beat the best. It also looks like a much bigger deal when a title changes hands as opposed to when you pass it round the locker room like Kelly Kelly. Personally, I wish they made a much bigger deal out of New Day losing the belts rather than having them be basically squashed in 9 minutes. Them losing their belts shoulda been a PPV main event at the least.

That Ryder thing was such bullshit I won't even get started on it.

If Val Venis was IC Champion I see no reason why Ryder isn't IC title material. Same with Santino. Goofy gimmicks and super over and decent at the least in the ring.

Maybe cuz they were shit too.

Just because something shit has already been done, doesn't mean that you intentionally do it again and again. You're supposed to learn from your mistakes and say "well...that made the belt look like shit". Also...Venis wasn't that bad. His gimmick wasn't anything too absurd. He was basically a modern version of Rick Rude at the time...just a bit more "over-sexualized"...I guess is the term. Santino was shit. Started off decent enough with the Milan Miracle gimmick...quickly turned to shit.

At this point, I'd actually be okay with Ryder as a champion again...because he dropped most of what I hated about him in the past. He has a much more serious gimmick now. Unfortunately, he's both injured, and stuck with that sack of ass Mojo. Mojo makes me hate Ryder right now...when I would otherwise probably not.

I actually like the story told by how they changed the title back and forth. Charlotte would let her guard down during Raw matches but for the big shows(PPV) she is able to get it done. Also shows that Sasha may not be able to pick up for PPVs. Wasn't she elminated rather quickly at SS too?

Or, when you have longer reigns, the champion looks like the best, the cream of the crop, and the guy who comes along and knocks him off looks even better for being able to beat the best. It also looks like a much bigger deal when a title changes hands as opposed to when you pass it round the locker room like Kelly Kelly. Personally, I wish they made a much bigger deal out of New Day losing the belts rather than having them be basically squashed in 9 minutes. Them losing their belts shoulda been a PPV main event at the least.

That Ryder thing was such bullshit I won't even get started on it.

Nah same shit. Mostly in a company like WWE. Shesaro ending the longest tag title reign of all-time meant just as much as Rich Swann ending Kendrick's short reign (for example). It was a huge moment for Swann and you can see the emotion on his face.

The length of Kendrick's reign didn't matter.

Completely missed RyderFan saying that New Day losing the belts should have been a PPV main event...

What a ridiculous idea; Just to have a tag title match be the main event, completely out of the blue. I think everyone would have known that they were about to lose if that was to happen. "Well...we have Universal title and Women's title matches on the card...but lets have the tag title match as the main event...just for the hell of it." #RyderLogic

Archived