• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

http://www.twitch.tv/atozonyoutube

Thea/Zelina is going live on Twitch right now to chat.

Bunch of people gifting 50 or 100 subs. It's like nonstop lol I think she will be just fine. This is a lot of money she would've missed out on. And she will land on her feet on the wrestling side of things.

Edited by Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.
33 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

Sorry for the dumb question. English is not my main language. What is unionization?

A labor or trade union is an organization of workers dedicated to protecting members' interests and improving wages, hours and working conditions for all. 

8 hours ago, A N T I - said:

There will never be a wrestling union; certainly not over Twitch accounts lol

Not over Twitch, but its another reason on a long list.
I wouldnt be so sure it never happens, things change and the wwe seems to do everything they can to push people into creating an union...they certainly dont do a lot to take peoples minds off such a thing.

Its super messed up what the wwe pulls here.
Absolute shitty behaviour on their part, but so expected.
But to be honest, i didnt expect Vega to be the one getting fired...always thought vince was really high on her.
And Paige was the one who speaks out about the problems for longer, so i was expecting her to get fired over this kind of stuff.
But i guess Zelina having an onlyfans account, adds some reason to it. 

Ceedit:pwinsider

Multiple WWE sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that today's release of Zelina Vega was fallout from last month's edict that talents drop their relationships with third party entities such as Twitch, Cameo, etc. in favor of World Wrestling Entertainment spearheading those relationships and fielding talents out as part of their contractual duties.

PWInsider.com is told that Vega was informed that she was being released before tonight's Smackdown taping.  Several minutes before her release was announced, Vega tweeted that she supported unionization, obviously in reference to WWE requiring talents to acquiese control of their Twitch, etc. accounts.  WWE star Paige had made similar comments in recent weeks on social media with Vega responding them in a positive way.

As we noted earlier, Vega would be under the traditional 90 day non-compete window, which would keep her from working televised promotions through mid-February 2021. 

WWE sources indicated that Vega had been extremely vocal about maintaining her Twitch account after the edict had been handed down.  That lead to some WWE talents who reached out to PWInsider.com tonight wondering if she had been released to "send a message" to everyone else to make sure they follow the company's requests regarding third-party entities.  Obviously, WWE is not going to confirm or deny that.

Vega had continued her Twitch streams until announcing she was suspending them on 10/30.  That would be the day after a number of talents, including AJ Styles and Xavier Woods, had traveled to Stamford, CT to meet personally with Vince McMahon about the third-party edict but obviously failed to change McMahon's mind.   

Vega has already written online that she will be returning to streaming on Twitch, likely under her former ring name, Thea Trinidad

Edited by glennsoe

I know I'm going to get heat for this, but Vince needs to stop this nonsense. He's doing so many stupid things now  that when the day he dies, some will say good riddance.

Now, I'm not one of those people. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But this control freak nonsense has to stop now.

supposedly Twitch wasn't the sole issue... but I'm not sure I 100% believe that.

Looking back at it, I think they might have pushed her in a mini feud with Asuka to see if she could swim, with the idea that she isn't ready for it. Kinda like, setup to fail? maybe I'm going too deep in it, bit sounds plausible.

I'm expecting Black to follow her steps sooner rather than later.

So yeah... *Censored*. THEM.

Even though I care little for WWE and even wrestling for a while now, I still liked NXT, and tried to block the shitty things they are doing and how they're putting careers to a major halt after they are done there. But yeah, I noticed that it still affects me, and that I can't even properly enjoy that anymore. Yes, the production is cool. It's still WWE though.

maybe, yeah. She does excel at that, but I think she still is focused on getting better in the ring, and that is her goal kinda. 

The more I think about the whole streaming thing, the more I get annoyed. The thng is, Zelina was a valuable performer and was always getting praises. She was always really featured and when COVID shows started and Heyman was there, she was one of the main things in the main storyline with Andrade and Garza, even when they decided to mess that up. And you don't get that much TV time if Vince doesn't think you are good, especially as a manager. 

But yeah... she had to be made as an example, that no one is above the order of things.

I really hope that this thing gets more traction in public and in the media. I know they won't go back on what hey did, since I don't see that as an option for them at this point... but somehow, as a company or the people that made this decision, need to be punished. 

The thing is, no major wrestling company will suport unionization, not WWE, not AEW, or IMPACT. So that fight will have to start from the outiside, in form of public pressure and media, and the inside from wrestlers. 

Edited by AONO.

Guest Fight Me.

Apparently she also had an OnlyFans under an alias. She didn't post any NSFW content, it was just for her cosplays. But I'd imagine they weren't too happy about that either.

Edited by Fight Me.

adding to what I was saying earlier, Andrew Yang tweeted how he hasn't forgot about Vince. And he is rumored to have a significant role in Bidens cabinet.

Of course there won't be significant government intervention or whatever, but at least Vince won't have a friend in the White House. 

Still, untill Vince and Dunne are gone, there isn't going to be any significant change. Pritchard is expendable, but I see him as one of the culprits albeit for the creative side of things. His ideas and ways are also too backwards really.

I don't see HHH being radicaly different if he gets in charge one day though, but imo some things would change.

Edited by AONO.

Its always the question how Vince, Dunn and the other out of touch guys really hold the company back, including NXT.
So its hard to say if HHH would do things more different than now.

Who knows, but something needs to happen sooner rather than later.
The way the WWE handles everything, is not good.
You burn too much ground and run so far behind trends that its not even funny anymore.
One of these days the TV etc contracts run out and need to be reevaluated...and then when the wwe doesnt bring enough viewers then the partners wont throw as much money at them...and then things can go south very fast.

• 2 months later...