Breaking: Lesnar re-signs, will face Reigns at Greateast Royal Rumble

Jmerc

People in here actually hoping for Lashley to come back? Dude is a relic from ten years ago who hasn't done much elsewhere and was never a great performer. Would just be just another past-his prime part-timer added to the mix.

I guess you haven't seen anything he's done after leaving WWE...

I've sparesly seen some stuff he's done overseas or in Mexico, not TNA though. Are you telling me he is better than some of the guys on NXT who are ready to make the jump to the main roster and get a big push?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you telling me he is better than some of the guys on NXT who are ready to make the jump to the main roster and get a big push?

Why does he have to be "better", though? When did supporting a Lashley return equate to saying that he's better or more interesting than NXT performers?

People in here actually hoping for Lashley to come back? Dude is a relic from ten years ago who hasn't done much elsewhere and was never a great performer. Would just be just another past-his prime part-timer added to the mix.

I've sparesly seen some stuff he's done overseas or in Mexico, not TNA though. Are you telling me he is better than some of the guys on NXT who are ready to make the jump to the main roster and get a big push?

Nah, but I don't think there's anyone in NXT quite like him.

The idea that Saudis will cheer Roman is also something that must have influenced this decision, I guess.

"America won't cheer Roman Reigns? We'll fly to the ends of the Earth, damn it, if we have to in order to get it done."

Yeah. Sounds about right.

Why are people so sure he'll get cheered in Saudi Arabia, though?

Lashley on paper is a much better match up than anyone on Nxt for Brock despite not necessarily being a better wrestler.

If Wwe did their homework and went all the way Lashley could be built as a serious threat to Brock.

Don't some challengers get automatic rematches?

Usually if Reigns and Lesnar brawl tonight and Reigns gets the upper hand that would set up the losing challenger getting a rematch.

Usually when wwe goes this route Reigns would need to destroy Brock tonight.

But shouldn't that happen before the title match is announced?

if I remember right when they did the pay-per-view backlash it happen after WrestleMania is basically every WrestleMania rematch or at least the rematch from the main event so it's not like it's unheard of

Yeah, at this point I want Roman to win and I'll just hope for an eventual heel turn from him. He really could be stellar as a heel now that he's grown so much in the ring and on the mic. Would be refreshing having a universally hated heel too.

The second he turns heel the reaction will just shift. He won't be universally hated.

I don't even want him to wrestle more frequently at this point

Oh right.

If he actually does more than suplexes and kicks, I wouldn't mind seeing him do more. His match against AJ was amazing, but then again it's AJ, and we probably had low expectations due to Brock.

Yeah, at this point I want Roman to win and I'll just hope for an eventual heel turn from him. He really could be stellar as a heel now that he's grown so much in the ring and on the mic. Would be refreshing having a universally hated heel too.

The second he turns heel the reaction will just shift. He won't be universally hated.

Hell still be hated.

I like how if you go back a few years this is John Cena

and now Cena was playing the heel against Taker.

Nah, but I don't think there's anyone in NXT quite like him.

The idea that Saudis will cheer Roman is also something that must have influenced this decision, I guess.

"America won't cheer Roman Reigns? We'll fly to the ends of the Earth, damn it, if we have to in order to get it done."

Yeah. Sounds about right.

Why are people so sure he'll get cheered in Saudi Arabia, though?

Because Indians love ramen rains and people are lumping Saudi Arabia together with India in terms of how real they think wrestling is.

That depends completely on how he's booked. He's hated right now more than anything for what he stands for. He's the golden boy who's handed everything. If they embrace that as part of his character, he will continue to garner hatred.

Soooo why is Roman getting another shot in Kayfabe?

Yeah after losing to Lesnar it wouldn't make sense kayfabe wise why he'd get another match against him for the belt.

On Raw it was implied because some of the higher ups just like to see him being beaten up

Soooo why is Roman getting another shot in Kayfabe?

Yeah after losing to Lesnar it wouldn't make sense kayfabe wise why he'd get another match against him for the belt.

On Raw it was implied because some of the higher ups just like to see him being beaten up

So, that would beg the question of why the title is on the line

Archived