Official 2017 WWE HOF Discussion Thread

Oldsie

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kurt Angle headlining is awesome but also means several things:

- Goldberg will be around past WrestleMania 33 as will the Undertaker

- The Rock isn't ready to call it quits yet even though the Hollywood studios may want him to.

How does it begin to mean either of these things?

Talk about blind generalizations...

As noted, WWE has confirmed that Kurt Angle will be the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame headliner. Angle spoke with ESPN after being informed of the news on Monday. He said:

"I was shocked. I've been out of WWE for a long time and out of touch with them so I didn't really expect this. It's a huge honor. This is the only Hall of Fame that I'm not in and probably [the one] I want to be in the most. This is the one that means the most for me. I had a lot of fun entertaining the fans for seven years with WWE, and I'm glad that my hard work paid off."

Angle revealed that he received a phone call from Triple H on Monday with the news.

"I figured they either decided they didn't want to do anything with me or they forgot. Hunter said they never forgot and he called and told me this is the first thing they want to do. And whether I wrestle or not after this -- which is irrelevant right now -- I'm just really proud to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. I gave a lot of energy and time to WWE those first seven years, and I'm grateful that they recognized it."

Angle also told ESPN that his current deal runs through the Hall of Fame ceremony but does not include a WrestleMania 33 match.

"We have not talked about any wrestling. Whether we do or not, that remains to be seen... There are no guarantees. I think right now the most important thing is the Hall of Fame -- and I think both sides feel that way."

Source LOP/ESPN

Fantastic news! Most certainly deserves it. I hope we get to see him wrestle at least once more in WWE. Would just like for his final match to happen here. It being in TNA Jjust doesn't feel right.

He has wrestled since his departure from TNA.

Fantastic news! Most certainly deserves it. I hope we get to see him wrestle at least once more in WWE. Would just like for his final match to happen here. It being in TNA Jjust doesn't feel right.

He has wrestled since his departure from TNA.

Oh, didn't know he did. I still hope his last is in WWE. Hate that he wrestled longer for TNA than he did for WWE, so would at least like to see him end his career there.

Rumor on the women's wrestler inductee

"PWInsider reports that former WWE Diva Beth Phoenix is expected to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year during WrestleMania 33 weekend.

Phoenix retired from WWE back in 2012 and was married to WWE Hall of Famer Edge back in 2016. The two have two daughters Lyric Rose Copeland, born in December 2013, and Ruby Ever Copeland, born in May 2016.

As previously reported, WWE has announced Kurt Angle as this years Hall of Fame headliner. Other Rumored names for the class include Diamond Dallas Page, William Regal, Rick Rude, Christian, Mike Rotunda (Irwin R. Schyster) and The Natural Disasters John Tenta (Earthquake) and Fred Ottman (Typhoon)."

Archived