Dusty Rhodes passes away

Mustacio

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, no, no, no... *censored*ing way!! The man that is responsible for me getting into wrestling.. I was scrolling through Facebook, and seen this from WNS.. I don't even know what to think... Man, this has been a rough 6 months for me, now that my absolute, all time favorite wrestler has passed.. RIP Dusty, and thank you, for turning me on to wrestling.

The reactions on WWE.com from the NXT guys are just...heartbreaking; To think that Dream was still influencing an entirely new generation of wrestling, and working so closely with those young talents. Those reactions are more emotional to me than the ones from the people who have known Dusty for longer, IMO...because it feels like they were looking forward to learning more from him, and just to be around him longer (as a person)...they almost feel like orphaned children.

I kind of hope that Cody snaps out of his Stardust gimmick for this, and cuts a serious promo about his father and his legacy.

Yeah, but when he's ready to work again. If he wants to take takes a break to mourn then he should.

The reactions on WWE.com from the NXT guys are just...heartbreaking; To think that Dream was still influencing an entirely new generation of wrestling, and working so closely with those young talents. Those reactions are more emotional to me than the ones from the people who have known Dusty for longer, IMO...because it feels like they were looking forward to learning more from him, and just to be around him longer (as a person)...they almost feel like orphaned children.

Man that hurts. Dustys been so instrumental to so many careers in wrestling its gotta be heartbreaking. I gotta check out some of these.

Man that hurts. Dustys been so instrumental to so many careers in wrestling its gotta be heartbreaking. I gotta check out some of these.

They're just tweets...no videos or anything. But, the tone of the tweets just struck me.

They're just tweets...no videos or anything. But, the tone of the tweets just struck me.

I seen them. God he was such a mentor to so many this really sucks.

THE DREAM LIVES ON

I just received the terrible news from my younger children, that Dusty Rhodes, "The American Dream" had passed away. My heart goes out to his family and friends - and all those who loved him. I hope we can all find comfort in knowing that Dusty Rhodes will never truly be gone. He's with is in spirit each time we see an NXT or WWE wrestler give a promo that's just a little bit fuller, richer and better for having known the master. He's with us each time we see a "Dusty elbow" on a show (I saw several a few nights ago) or a character that jumps off the screen into our living room, to entertain us or touch our lives. He's with us in the countless wrestlers that he saw something in (like me in 1991) and breathed creative life into. Most of all, he's with us every time someone puts forth a valiant effort - in wrestling or life - to break free from the limitations that Mother Nature or conventional wisdom has constrained us with. God bless you Virgil Runnels, and may the whole world celebrate your life, even while mourning your death.

-Mick Foley

Archived