(Rumor) Lesnar is not working SummerSlam. Updated: Brock confirmed to work the event

Ziggy Vercetti

Braun Strowman to show up at Lesnar's house (like HHH vs Randy Orton), and cash in his MITB contract.

They do say any place and any time :hqhq:

That actually would be pretty awesome. Have Braun get so pissed off that he cant cash in because Brock is never there that he goes to Lesnars house.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun Strowman to show up at Lesnar's house (like HHH vs Randy Orton), and cash in his MITB contract.

They do say any place and any time :hqhq:

That actually would be pretty awesome. Have Braun get so pissed off that he cant cash in because Brock is never there that he goes to Lesnars house.
And then Roman Reigns spears him so Lesnar can get away

We may complain about Lesnar quite a lot on here, but I imagine that he is the main selling point to some of those who actually buy tickets to the PPVs. There's definitely a huge demographic for him in the live crowds.

I really dont understand how WWE claims raw is the flagship when its Main Title shows up every few months... really Lesnar 10 title defenses over 430 days wth does he think this is UFC a title defense every 5-7 months lol

It's the flagship show because it was their first show and it's what people known people associate raw with WWE they don't do that with SmackDown

We may complain about Lesnar quite a lot on here, but I imagine that he is the main selling point to some of those who actually buy tickets to the PPVs. There's definitely a huge demographic for him in the live crowds.

All three PPVs?

Whenever he appears at smaller shows, this is probably true. His matches with Braun and Joe last year probably sold more tickets than those shows would without it. However considering a typical year for Lesnar is WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam & Survivor Series, I don't think his appearance affects those ticket sales all that much, since they're probably WWE's top selling shows each year, alongside maybe MitB.

Lesnar isn't even to blame for this. Screw WWE for allowing it to happen. They're supposed to have a 30 day clause that strips the title if someone cannot fulfill a title defense in that time. Makes them look like a joke. Someone gets injured and might be back in 45 days instead of 30...they get stripped of the title. Lesnar doesn't feel like performing for half the year...he just keeps it indefinitely. This goes far beyond any believable kayfabe excuse they might have involving special contracts. The guy needs to defend his belt.

Sanctioned defenses aside, the guy needs to be around so that the owner of the MitB case actually has something to challenge for. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you won that case in a non-scripted scenario...and the person you needed to challenge was only around three times per year. I mean...what a load of shit that would be. You would have absolutely zero chances to surprise the guy. It would have to be done after his match...he would always see it coming. It's a bullshit scenario.

Brock Lesnar should return to UFC and Braun cashes in on him after the fight

Not even entirely out of the question with how buddy-buddy WWE and UFC seem to be these days. But that would get shit on so hard by the live crowd (and I wouldn't even blame them).

I mean is there proof of that per-say?

Ill just speak from personal experience, but the only matches my friends are interested in, or my dad is interested in is John Cena matches or Brocks matches. They will watch wrestling when those guys are heavy promoted but not otherwise.

Lesnar isn't even to blame for this. Screw WWE for allowing it to happen. They're supposed to have a 30 day clause that strips the title if someone cannot fulfill a title defense in that time. Makes them look like a joke. Someone gets injured and might be back in 45 days instead of 30...they get stripped of the title. Lesnar doesn't feel like performing for half the year...he just keeps it indefinitely. This goes far beyond any believable kayfabe excuse they might have involving special contracts. The guy needs to defend his belt.

Sanctioned defenses aside, the guy needs to be around so that the owner of the MitB case actually has something to challenge for. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you won that case in a non-scripted scenario...and the person you needed to challenge was only around three times per year. I mean...what a load of shit that would be. You would have absolutely zero chances to surprise the guy. It would have to be done after his match...he would always see it coming. It's a bullshit scenario.

WWE doesn't have a defend the title is 30-day rule that is just a story line rule always has been and I believe the rule says they have to be able to fend the title not that they have to defend the title

To those asking, no I don't have any proof to my earlier claim about Brock, it is purely anecdotal based off of my encounters with people on Reddit and other forums.

Personally I have been bored with Brock Lesnar since around his feud with Hunter back at WrestleMania 29. I'm just trying to find any reason as to why WWE would feature him this heavily. My conclusion is that he is THAT big of a draw, considering that they'll willingly spend their money on him with ridiculous contracts that benefit him to an extreme extent.

How ?

The lingering tension between Reigns and Lashley led Angle to contemplate sanctioning a singles match between the two at Extreme Rules. But before things could escalate, The Revival appeared on the scene to demand a rematch after last week’s loss.

“This is all storyline. Right now the idea is for a Reigns vs. Lashley singles match, but like everything, that is subject to change,” Dave Meltzer wrote in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“Right now the plan is still Lesnar vs. Reigns, which sounds like a bad idea given people are so over it as even with the fluke ending at Greatest Royal Rumble, people are burned out about another rematch.”

This storyline is another attempt by WWE to have fans support Reigns when he challenges Lesnar. This was the idea for their match at WrestleMania 34.

“At the time, Lesnar was a babyface and the idea was to portray him as someone who didn’t care about the fans, or care about wrestling, to the point he would no-show at will (ironically the company falsely advertised him for a number of television dates to get the idea over),” Meltzer wrote.

“In the end, the storyline did succeed in getting Lesnar not cheered. But it didn’t help Reigns at all. Even though both guys worked hard at WrestleMania, the crowd made up its mind to hate the match rather than give it a chance or even grudgingly respect it. Given the direction of the storyline, if that is the SummerSlam direction, the danger is for it to happen even more a second time because this is an indoor crowd in New York.”

The current storyline is to make it appear as if Lesnar is looking to leave WWE for the UFC. The difference this time is that Lesnar is looking to leave WWE without dropping the Universal Championship.

On Raw, Angle brought up this long rambling post Paul Heyman did on his Facebook page last Saturday where he took shots at him, Reigns, Lashley, and others. While Heyman didn’t outright say that Lesnar is looking to leave WWE for the UFC, he alluded to it by saying his client is looking for “Ultimate opportunities.”

WWE’s goal, at least as of this week, is to tell a story where Lesnar looks like he’s leaving, while Reigns is being told by everyone, his fellow wrestlers, Heyman, and even the fans themselves, that he needs to step aside because he’s failed in multiple opportunities against Lesnar. The idea is that nobody believes in Reigns but himself, and that will either make him sympathetic before the match (this is unlikely to work) or that at least coming out of it, there will be some grudging admiration for him.

Lashley vs. Reigns was not announced although strongly hinted at on Raw, where the winner would likely be Lesnar’s next opponent. It makes sense that Lesnar faces the winner of that match at SummerSlam on August 19, but that also is not confirmed. Ultimately it will take place at the time of Vince McMahon’s choosing and the result will be the result McMahon wants.

Among UFC officials, there has been talk of Lesnar facing the winner of a UFC Heavyweight Championship fight on July 7 between reigning champion Stipe Miocic and current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier. For Lesnar to be in contention for the fight, scheduled for December 29, he has until today (Friday) to enter the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) drug testing pool. Regardless of anything, he needs to pass six months of clean drug testing before he can fight again in the UFC.

Credit - Meltzer

So I would say 60 % trying to get Roman over and 40 % Brock's BS..

They're supposed to have a 30 day clause that strips the title if someone cannot fulfill a title defense in that time.

This doesn't fall under that. Lesnar CAN defend it, they just don't want him to. Injuries are the "can't".

They're supposed to have a 30 day clause that strips the title if someone cannot fulfill a title defense in that time.

This doesn't fall under that. Lesnar CAN defend it, they just don't want him to. Injuries are the "can't".

Wait nvm

Archived