*SPOILER* WWE Superstar To Appear At NJPW Wrestle Kingdom

Guest Fight Me.

Posted this in the NJPW topic but I think its worth posting here too.

Kenny Omega's contract status New Japan Pro Wrestling was huge news a year ago, when many wondered if he would jump ship and become a free agent. This time around, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Omega's contract with NJPW expires on January 31, 2018, but according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there's little talk of him leaving. Omega, the current IWGP United States Champion, has said himself that barring any unforeseen issues, he plans on signing with New Japan for another year. Dave Meltzer wrote that Omega's new deal would increase his pay considerably and it would give him extra authority as a creative voice in all of his angles.

Omega has already been announced for shows beyond his NJPW contract, such as the Ring Of Honor Supercard of Honor on April 7. He's expected to highlight that card. The fact that he's most likely staying with New Japan is why officials feel comfortable announcing him for future shows, unlike last year when they felt it was a probability that he would be joining the WWE. Even though he had said he planned on staying, it wasn't 100 percent until he actually signed the deal earlier this year.

This time around, Omega is a major part of NJPW and ROH's plans for 2018. He made his intentions clear earlier this month when he told Tokyo Sports, "I'm staying in New Japan 100 percent. This is where wrestlers can be themselves and fight for themselves. I want to show how great a place it is."

Omega was recently challenged by Chris Jericho to a match at Wrestle Kingdom 12 on Jan. 4. Jericho reportedly negotiated the deal with NJPW and it's expected to be a one-off deal.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1112/634021/backstage-news-on-kenny-omega-njpw-contract-expiring-soon/

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait no, I'm pretty sure timschel said they offered the Bucks a straight up video game deal because of how popular they were among CAW makers?

No offence but that makes literally no sense and makes me lose respect for not only you, but your family, your future children and children's children as well (no offence tho).

Jagged....y u like this babe

The Bucks were offered to do mocap for next year, because of how popular they are. Nothing about video game deals. They might also add their faces as templates, like they did with BSS this year, but nothing more than that

I honestly see Omega and the Bucks in WWE after WK 13.

I can't, the Bucks are pretty much printing money and made themselves into a huge brand and Omega is really going to stick with NJPW and try and build it up. Only way i can see the Buck going to the WWE is if they get stale and the fans start to not care.

Kenny Omega is also really involved and in touch with the Japanese culture more so than any other Gaijin that's ever been in NJPW, it seems...so it may be a bit harder to get him to sign, but who knows.

I think Kenny Omega will definitely be in WWE one day. Whether it'll happen any time soon, I have no idea.

It's funny because people would've said that AJ wouldn't go to the WWE and that he would be terrible in WWE 2 years ago. And AJ did say that NJPW was the best promotion in the world and it's where he wanted to be at that time too.

Yeah. But AJ said that after saying that before about TNA.

I'm wondering if WWE were to ever do this kind of thing and offer Kenny (or some other huge NJPW name) name a one night/one feud deal the way NJPW has for Jericho? I mean, Trips did it with Liger down in NXT, and both the CWC and MYC had talent working as free agents, so I think it'd be pretty cool if WWE brought in Kenny Omega for a one time match with like...AJ at WrestleMania next year. Like just pay him do do the RAW's building into Mania, Mania itself and maybe the RAW after.

Of course, main roster works pretty differently from NXT, so this is very much a pipe dream, but then...crazier things have happened.

It wouldn't be enough for the casual audience/WWE only fans. 99% of WWE's fanbase wont know who he is and will wonder why the *Censored* he is and why he's coming etc, when random micarder could be there instead etc.

Omega wont sell a WWE PPV because the actual people buying them don't know who he is

I'm wondering if WWE were to ever do this kind of thing and offer Kenny (or some other huge NJPW name) name a one night/one feud deal the way NJPW has for Jericho? I mean, Trips did it with Liger down in NXT, and both the CWC and MYC had talent working as free agents, so I think it'd be pretty cool if WWE brought in Kenny Omega for a one time match with like...AJ at WrestleMania next year. Like just pay him do do the RAW's building into Mania, Mania itself and maybe the RAW after.

Of course, main roster works pretty differently from NXT, so this is very much a pipe dream, but then...crazier things have happened.

It wouldn't be enough for the casual audience/WWE only fans. 99% of WWE's fanbase wont know who he is and will wonder why the *Censored* he is and why he's coming etc, when random micarder could be there instead etc.

Omega wont sell a WWE PPV because the actual people buying them don't know who he is

Don't be dumb.

Don't be dumb.

It's a hyperbole but ask your "standard" WWE fan and they will know who Curt Hawkins is more than Kenny Omega. I only know who he is because people jizz over him/NJPW. If you're a casual fan and only watch WWE and don't go out of your way to talk WWE online outside of WWE's Facebook I guess (and this is most of their fans) people wont know who he is.

Archived