Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

We'll see.

#102 Respect The Beard

Respect The Beard

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 18,867 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, theres a chance Vince and Dunn will try to sabotage it. You know how they are bro.

#103 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Stop bullying. Be a star.

#104 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 6,045 posts
  • Gamertag: DaShowstoppa24
  • SEN (PS3): (PSN) BigDaddyMM24

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

As if Omega needs it, but Jericho is going to put him over like a god. Also it would be very fitting if Jericho's final match was back in Japan.

WWE will get over it - Jericho has done so much for them, his credit is almost limitless.

#105 Farfanoogin

Farfanoogin

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:00 AM

Yeah this wont be Jericho,last,match that happen in wwe

#106 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

Good point. This won't infact be Jericho's last match that happens in the WWE. Hell, I'll even go out on a limb and say this match won't even hapen in WWE!

#107 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

I'll Watch With Wonder, As You Go Under, Words To The Unwise

• Members
  • 15,794 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

I'm wondering if WWE were to ever do this kind of thing and offer Kenny (or some other huge NJPW name) name a one night/one feud deal the way NJPW has for Jericho? I mean, Trips did it with Liger down in NXT, and both the CWC and MYC had talent working as free agents, so I think it'd be pretty cool if WWE brought in Kenny Omega for a one time match with like...AJ at WrestleMania next year. Like just pay him do do the RAW's building into Mania, Mania itself and maybe the RAW after. 

Of course, main roster works pretty differently from NXT, so this is very much a pipe dream, but then...crazier things have happened.

#108 EJ!

EJ!

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 17,603 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

Im pretty sure Omega doesnt want WWE to make money off of him in any way. Omega strikes me as the type to decline any amount of money to perform for WWE. Maybe something like that could happen once Trips takes over but for now, hell nah.

#109 St★rstruck

St★rstruck

Sicker than your average.

• Members
  • 22,068 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

I wouldn't say there's no chance, but it's very slim chance.

As EJ said, Omega doesn't seem like someone who'd let WWE make money off of him for a one-off appearance whilst still being under a full contract with NJPW.

And the difference between Omega and Liger, is that Liger is an already established legend in all of professional wrestling and had appearances not just in Japan, but in WCW as well - not that I really think that matters too much. Liger is freakin' revolutionary.

#110 Original People's Champion

Original People's Champion

Smackdown vs Raw 2006 Fanatic

• Members
  • 9,996 posts
  • SEN (PS3): DaArtist1239 (PS4)

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

I wish they could get Liger in 2k. 

#111 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

I'm wondering if WWE were to ever do this kind of thing and offer Kenny (or some other huge NJPW name) name a one night/one feud deal the way NJPW has for Jericho? I mean, Trips did it with Liger down in NXT, and both the CWC and MYC had talent working as free agents, so I think it'd be pretty cool if WWE brought in Kenny Omega for a one time match with like...AJ at WrestleMania next year. Like just pay him do do the RAW's building into Mania, Mania itself and maybe the RAW after. 

Of course, main roster works pretty differently from NXT, so this is very much a pipe dream, but then...crazier things have happened.

It's happened before. Tenryu worked in WWE for a few matches, so did Tiger Mask for a match with Dynamite Kid. Probably countless others too.

#112 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

I was a little surprised they didn't, since they got him some other merch. I thought he last year and Kota Ibushi this year could have signed game deals, since it doesn't mess with their Japan schedules and just allows them to make some cash.

Hell, if they offered the Young Bucks a spot in 2k19, then I'm sure they at least considered asking Liger.

#113 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,452 posts
  • Gamertag: iTDAWIZ
  • SEN (PS3): TheRand0mHero89
  • Twitter: Rand0mHero

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

Don't think Omega wants to work in the WWE. 

#114 JGD.

JGD.

'Lookin' Real Jagged Baby'

• Members
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

I was a little surprised they didn't, since they got him some other merch. I thought he last year and Kota Ibushi this year could have signed game deals, since it doesn't mess with their Japan schedules and just allows them to make some cash.

Hell, if they offered the Young Bucks a spot in 2k19, then I'm sure they at least considered asking Liger.

I don't think they did, I think they wanted them to do mo-cap for the game.

#115 Respect The Beard

Respect The Beard

Hall of Famer

• V.I.P
  • 18,867 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, it was just mo-cap.

#116 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they are in WWE 2k20, though... Kenny too.

#117 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

• Members
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

Wait no, I'm pretty sure timschel said they offered the Bucks a straight up video game deal because of how popular they were among CAW makers?

#118 The MRN

The MRN

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 14,582 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

I think it was just mocap, too. You think WWE would allow that? It would have to go through them. Probably through NJPW/ROH too.

#119 Vinsmoker

Vinsmoker

SULLIVAN MY SON

• Members
  • 35,332 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

Wait no, I'm pretty sure timschel said they offered the Bucks a straight up video game deal because of how popular they were among CAW makers?

Lol. No. That's only what one random report claimed. Timschel definitely was talkng about mo-capping

#120 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 6,045 posts
  • Gamertag: DaShowstoppa24
  • SEN (PS3): (PSN) BigDaddyMM24

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

If I recall he said that 2k had reached out to the Bucks to motion capture their moves and mannerisms because so many people create them in CAS. Unfortunately this was around the exact time that WWE sent the "cease and desist" to the Bucks, making any chance of WWE consent (which I presume would have to be granted to 2k) practically non existent. It's probably also likely to make the Bucks less happy to work on a WWE themed project as well.

This actually ties in nicely to the whole "WWE using outside talent" discussion, because the way WWE is currently with stars "made in other promotions" I think it could even go the other way to where eventually WWE prevents 2K from including non-WWE elements.

Look at recent examples of hot "indy" stars coming in, and then being systematically broken down and remoulded in WWE's image - from name changes, to booking - I am utterly convinced that WWE would not countenance putting someone else's star over on their main show. Hell, even AJ Styles was booked like a loser until he "proved himself". Why else did they have him eat the loss at his first Mania. Look at Shinsuke, they took away the "King of Strong Style" and tried to make him "The Artist".

Yes it happened on NXT - but I think Hunter is more open to that than the WWE's management is.