Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping Waller's finisher would be from the apron springboard position and he'd just drop to the floor as part of the animation. Don't love the long, canned animation.

I realize they teased Wyatt and Barrett, but how funny would it be if the came out next week and said "Bad news, Bray Wyatt returned too late for us to include him as DLC. But we've got Ikemen Jiro!".

2 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I was hoping Waller's finisher would be from the apron springboard position and he'd just drop to the floor as part of the animation. Don't love the long, canned animation.

I realize they teased Wyatt and Barrett, but how funny would it be if the came out next week and said "Bad news, Bray Wyatt returned too late for us to include him as DLC. But we've got Ikemen Jiro!".

I feel like his finisher would be best as a running finisher in the ring, you run at the opponent and slide between their legs and go outside the ring and run back in and hit it. Feels like that would've been the best way to do it with less animation set up.

Just now, J-man89 said:

I feel like his finisher would be best as a running finisher in the ring, you run at the opponent and slide between their legs and go outside the ring and run back in and hit it. Feels like that would've been the best way to do it with less animation set up.

My thing is that I want to be able to set it up multiple ways. If it was an apron to ring springboard move, you could follow up a tag partner's move, hit it on someone in a 3 way after they take the other wrestler down, etc. The way it is, every time you do it you'll have set it up the exact same way. 

11 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Isn't Pop Rox a standing sunset flip powerbomb? why'd they show her doing that corner version that has no impact? she never does it from the corner like that plus thats an old animation.

Pretty sure it’s the Glitter Blizzard which dates back to Alexa Bliss being in NXT, just for an idea of how long that animation has already been in there.

4 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Pretty sure it’s the Glitter Blizzard which dates back to Alexa Bliss being in NXT, just for an idea of how long that animation has already been in there.

Yeah that is Alexa's corner sunset flip, which is weird, cause there is a standing sunset flip powerbomb that pretty much looks just like Roxanne's in the game, so no idea why they showed her doing the Glitter Blizzard that doesn't look anything like Pop Rox.

38 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah that is Alexa's corner sunset flip, which is weird, cause there is a standing sunset flip powerbomb that pretty much looks just like Roxanne's in the game, so no idea why they showed her doing the Glitter Blizzard that doesn't look anything like Pop Rox.

Kind of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” in this situation because even if they used the correct animation, people would still argue that it’s old. If you’re gonna show new stuff, show new stuff.

I thought it was cool seeing how they went about Waller’s finisher and Nikita was looking good; loved that they showed her finisher too. The Bray Wyatt teaser is cool.. I’m guessing we get DLC info on the 1st this time? I’m still not sold on the game until I see those new moves. Or Meiko..

Edited by A N T I -

4 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Kind of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” in this situation because even if they used the correct animation, people would still argue that it’s old. If you’re gonna show new stuff, show new stuff.

I thought it was cool seeing how they went about Waller’s finisher and Nikita was looking good; loved that they showed her finisher too. The Bray Wyatt teaser is cool.. I’m guessing we get DLC info on the 1st this time? I’m still not sold on the game until I see those new moves. Or Meiko..

Not old

5 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

My thing is that I want to be able to set it up multiple ways. If it was an apron to ring springboard move, you could follow up a tag partner's move, hit it on someone in a 3 way after they take the other wrestler down, etc. The way it is, every time you do it you'll have set it up the exact same way. 

He has multiple ways. That is the primary