WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal at E3

Scarface_Gangsta

They did indeed do as was advertised, but the way it was done pretty much sucked.

It's a terrible way to hype the game. They were getting fans hyped for one painting of 3 stars who were already a given to be in the game. There's no renders, no information on the game, no screenshots and no videos, just a painting. They could have used their time at E3 so much more wisely if they really wanted to get people excited about the game.

I'd just scratch this off as a creative idea which failed miserably. Great art work done by the artist, but hopefully from now on 2K just stick to the usual method of revealing the game to us.

They usually never go crazy with hyping the game up this early on so I dunno what people expected. And yes, they're at E3. So what? Doesn't mean they're obligated to show us this or that (not saying that's what you implied). Something tells me if they didn't do the painting we would've gotten nothing, or something of as equal excitement.

The painting reveal while it is cool and stuff nobody was really asking or begging for it and since nothing came from it I'd ask why bother with it. They may as well waited till the roster reveal itself or something.

As I said before...It's a *censored*ing teaser. That's how teasers used to be done.

2K never announced it as a teaser and if they did they marketed wrong.

They never announced anything really. They just said the guy is painting superstars who are in WWE2k17. Nothing more, nothing less. People made it a bigger deal than it was.

That was still announced, 2K still made it as somewhat a big deal regardless of wither or not it was over hyped or not.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh for ffs

How else where they supposed to advertise the live painting?

They didn't really have to it could have been something they just did.

...you are just complaining for the sake of complaining...

I miss the good ol' days of Ign's roster reveal...

Didn't IGN reveal the roster of 2K16 last year or they did it differently before?

They used to reveal 1 or 2 superstars every weekday up to the release of the game. I think the last time they did that was '10 or '11.

Good ol' THQ? Lolwut? Yeah, instead of no advertising at all, they'd advertise things as way better than they were, then lie on camera about issues people can see (the infamous move removal, the black mat squares of WWE 12).

I'll take 2K any day of the week over that horse shit.

Mondays and Fridays would have 2-4 reveals while Tuesdays - Thursdays would be 1 or 2, Each reveal would have a little bio article and screenshots with two videos and one of them being full entrances and the other a sig&finisher

I loved those! And I remember that I always looked forward to it.

I thought that by now, people would understand that WWE's E3 is Summerslam, that's when we will get the news.

Last year's marketing was alright and E3 means nothing for the WWE Games, not like it's a huge change

Louder advertisment doesn't actually make the game better

No but its far better then having no advertisement and not knowing whats in the game.

There's still like 4 and a half months left ffs. As I said before, they usually don't reveal much, or anything, at E3. Them being there doesn't mean they're obligated to show stuff. We usually start getting lots of info around SummerSlam, it's been that way for a while now.

Yeah, I know waiting always sucks. And I know knowing everything for some might be better than waiting. But SummerSlam is their E3, that's when we start getting more info. It has been like that for years now, for both 2K and THQ. Again, I know it sucks, but this isn't anything new and we can't do much about it other than sit and wait (and complain, I guess)

Louder advertisment doesn't actually make the game better

No but its far better then having no advertisement and not knowing whats in the game.

Yet you complain about this and said they shouldn't have anything then

Archived