WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal at E3

Scarface_Gangsta

So is Smacktalks confirmed to be right?

On the three superstars? WWEgames tweeted they're all in. So yup.

I've posted sources on the main topic. They're in video form on my youtube because I didn't want the site changing links or deleting them or something.

I meant Smacktalks reporting that there will be 3 each day until friday, making it a total of 9 reveals

That I don't know. Looked to see where he got that information but couldn't find it. So who knows?

The fact that there is so much confusion means the marketing is doing a bad job getting their point across

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've posted sources on the main topic. They're in video form on my youtube because I didn't want the site changing links or deleting them or something.

I meant Smacktalks reporting that there will be 3 each day until friday, making it a total of 9 reveals

That I don't know. Looked to see where he got that information but couldn't find it. So who knows?
The fact that there is so much confusion means the marketing is doing a bad job getting their point across
Nah. All they said was "Thress roster members will be revealed in the three days with a live painting."

Fans have blown that out of proportions and interpreted too much stuff into it

Nah. All they said was "Thress roster members will be revealed in the three days with a live painting."

It's still a waste of time since all 3 of them were obviously gonna be in from the beginning Why be at E3 and have a 2K booth there. The implication being we were getting new reveals all three days.

It's still a waste of time since all 3 of them were obviously gonna be in from the beginning Why be at E3 and have a 2K booth there. The implication being we were getting new reveals all three days.

Don't see how it's a waste of time. Dude is making awesome artwork while revealing info about a game. Albeit the reveals wren't shocking or anything, it's still something. Not like you wanna reveal the juicy stuff first, otherwise the hype will dwindle as time goes on and people won't be as excited around release.

It's as Vinsmoker said. We were told we'd get a few roster reveals through a painting, which we got. People just expected/wanted more and thus got disappointed. We got what we were told we'd get and if we get more, great. If that was it then fine, we'll get more later.

Don't see how it's a waste of time. Dude is making awesome artwork while revealing info about a game. Albeit the reveals wren't shocking or anything, it's still something. Not like you wanna reveal the juicy stuff first, otherwise the hype will dwindle as time goes on and people won't be as excited around release.

It's as Vinsmoker said. We were told we'd get a few roster reveals through a painting, which we got. People just expected/wanted more and thus got disappointed. We got what we were told we'd get and if we get more, great. If that was it then fine, we'll get more later.

But sometimes when you wait too long you have people's interest and hype die down anyway, I'm not dissing the painting its cool and nice but 2K wasn't clear and had stated he'd be painting all 3 days meaning at first we would either getting 3 a day or maybe at the very least one a day, and I don't think people are disappointed that we aren't getting more I'd say more disappointed them revealing three superstars we would already know that would be in the game and so in a sense it feels like a waste of time.

They did indeed do as was advertised, but the way it was done pretty much sucked.

It's a terrible way to hype the game. They were getting fans hyped for one painting of 3 stars who were already a given to be in the game. There's no renders, no information on the game, no screenshots and no videos, just a painting. They could have used their time at E3 so much more wisely if they really wanted to get people excited about the game.

I'd just scratch this off as a creative idea which failed miserably. Great art work done by the artist, but hopefully from now on 2K just stick to the usual method of revealing the game to us.

They did indeed do as was advertised, but the way it was done pretty much sucked.

It's a terrible way to hype the game. They were getting fans hyped for one painting of 3 stars who were already a given to be in the game. There's no renders, no information on the game, no screenshots and no videos, just a painting. They could have used their time at E3 so much more wisely if they really wanted to get people excited about the game.

I'd just scratch this off as a creative idea which failed miserably. Great art work done by the artist, but hopefully from now on 2K just stick to the usual method of revealing the game to us.

They usually never go crazy with hyping the game up this early on so I dunno what people expected. And yes, they're at E3. So what? Doesn't mean they're obligated to show us this or that (not saying that's what you implied). Something tells me if they didn't do the painting we would've gotten nothing, or something of as equal excitement.

They usually never go crazy with hyping the game up this early on so I dunno what people expected. And yes, they're at E3. So what? Doesn't mean they're obligated to show us this or that (not saying that's what you implied). Something tells me if they didn't do the painting we would've gotten nothing, or something of as equal excitement.

The painting reveal while it is cool and stuff nobody was really asking or begging for it and since nothing came from it I'd ask why bother with it. They may as well waited till the roster reveal itself or something.

The painting reveal while it is cool and stuff nobody was really asking or begging for it and since nothing came from it I'd ask why bother with it. They may as well waited till the roster reveal itself or something.

As I said before...It's a *censored*ing teaser. That's how teasers used to be done.

As I said before...It's a *censored*ing teaser. That's how teasers used to be done.

2K never announced it as a teaser and if they did they marketed wrong.

2K never announced it as a teaser and if they did they marketed wrong.

They never announced anything really. They just said the guy is painting superstars who are in WWE2k17. Nothing more, nothing less. People made it a bigger deal than it was.

Well my time wasn't wasted since I've been watching E3 and reading updates for other games. While posting here, I have other pages opened that I'm looking through and so it's not like I get online just for this.

2k pretty much did waste their time on this but eh that's their issue.

Summerslam weekend is in 2 months and the game comes out in 4 so whatever, time will fly by very fast.

Archived