• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 90,132 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:08 AM

I think we need something other than the US topic. So, here it is.

And here's another thing:

https://www.npr.org/...ontent=20180829

Edited by Generations, 30 August 2018 - 05:08 AM.

#2 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:41 AM

Probably preparing for a possible Trump impeachment. Putin knows if Trump is dumped his hold on the US slips away.

#3 LEGION

LEGION

Mein Imperium

• Members
  • 39,715 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:46 AM

So... There was almost a Turkish civil war in my German city yesterday/2 days ago.

Some people put up a statue of Erdogan and some people threw lots of shit and eggs at it.

#4 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:52 AM

The more things change, the more they dont change at all.

#5 LEGION

LEGION

Mein Imperium

• Members
  • 39,715 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

#6 JGPLX.

JGPLX.

RIP Daisy

• Members
  • 16,965 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

One thread for the US, and another for literally the rest of the world. I really dislike how American-centric people are nowadays. For example, I've had many experiences in England where people are talking about Trump but if UK politics are brought up then it's suddenly 'ah politics are boring'. I think this is really evident on social media as well - the majority of political-esque posts (i.e. memes) I'll see are about the USA, despite the majority of people I know not being from there.

And this isn't a dig at Gen or anything, I know his intentions were fine. Just this thread really highlighted that for me.

#7 LEGION

LEGION

Mein Imperium

• Members
  • 39,715 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

One thread for the US, and another for literally the rest of the world. I really dislike how American-centric people are nowadays. For example, I've had many experiences in England where people are talking about Trump but if UK politics are brought up then it's suddenly 'ah politics are boring'. I think this is really evident on social media as well - the majority of political-esque posts (i.e. memes) I'll see are about the USA, despite the majority of people I know not being from there.

And this isn't a dig at Gen or anything, I know his intentions were fine. Just this thread really highlighted that for me.

Eh. The US Politics thread was initially created for the Presidental election. After a while discussions evolved and "Presidential Election" just didn't fit anymore, hence the name change. There was also one for the Primeminister, if I remember correctly, but clearly it wasn't as engaging as the US one is.

Nothing is stopping anyone for creating threads on other countries' political landscape. Infact...One could say that this (World Politics) topic is more fit for politics on a international scale, rather than just national. 

#8 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,490 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Well, we're loud, so of course other places will be American-centric, especially since we have one of the biggest dumbasses in office supported by a dodgy party. Though it is odd that the British find UK politics boring, especially given Brexit and all. 

#9 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:55 AM

So New Zealand has seen mass shooting I believe at/inside two mosques. jfc 

and he livestreamed it. People are so *censored*ed up

Edited by M3J, 15 March 2019 - 03:57 AM.

#10 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 90,132 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:13 AM

Takes a special kind of shitbag to *Censored* with NZ. They do nothing to anyone.

Edited by Generations, 15 March 2019 - 04:14 AM.

#11 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

New level of *censored*ed up, this trash actually livestreamed him killing Muslims. Sweet jesus *Censored*

#12 Jmerc

Jmerc

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 20,384 posts
  • Gamertag: xJMERC

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:16 AM

So so sad. 

And so so disgusted that it was an Australian that went over and did it. 

#13 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Kurosaki Ichigo

• Members
  • 24,526 posts
  • Twitter: @Jackel_Ramzilla

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

If that isn't going to kickstart some revenge attacks, I'd be shocked.

Anyone picked up on what the senator of Queensland said? Basically blamed the muslims for following a violent archaic religion and... you know what, it's better if I just show the full statement:
ht3pdiO.jpg

That's an actual senator saying that.

#14 Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light

Manners Maketh Man

• V.I.P
  • 17,180 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:02 AM

How the *Censored* did Australians vote him to be a senator lol

RIP to the dead

#15 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Horrible to hear. Honestly not sure what to make of this situation. Considering he gave a shoutout to PewDiePie during this shooting leads me to believe that he had more than a couple of screws loose. Which doesn't excuse that he also appears to be a piece of shit too. 

Edited by nWo_Kevin, 15 March 2019 - 03:12 PM.

#16 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Broken Out in Love

• Global Moderator
  • 38,739 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

What a horrible action. Prayers to the victims.

#17 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

He wasn't just mentally ill, this terrorist literally planned out the best possible time to kill the most Muslims. All the hate that right wingers direct at Muslims don't help, especially Trump. We'll unfortunately keep seeing attacks like these as long as Islamophobic rhetoric is spread. 

#18 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:09 AM

ISIS returning stronger than ever confirmed. These stupid attacks will just lead to groups like ISIS forming in retaliation. Human beings are truly the stupidest form of life on the planet.

#19 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:59 AM

That's humanity for you. For all our intelligence, we really are so destructive and can be so malevolent to our own, even. I don't think any other animal has been as murderous as we have. 

#20 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:35 AM

I think humans are the only stupid form of life on earth. No other living creature does shit like we do. We are the only species that kills for profit, for land and resources, or just out of plain evil. All other species, even the most beastly creatures such as dinosaurs, bears, or big cats only kill for food and all have been able to share the land with each-other. They are smart to know that they need each-other, and a healthy earth to survive. Hell, we humans may be the stupidest forms of life in the whole universe.