First details of WWE2K18 coming July 5th!

Jmerc

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the description in Pulse's video:

BE LIKE NO ONE

-New My-Player Based Experience
--New Progression & Upgrade Systems
--Fighting Styles
---Different types of wrestlers & how they wrestle // high flyers cant do certain things, big men cant do certain things, player archetypes.

All New MyCareer Experience
-Free Roaming Backstage
-Promo Engine 2.0
-New Story
--More narrative driven

New Online MyPlayer Game Mode: Road To Glory
-Didn’t really explain anything here

Creation suite
-New Create A Match
--Better version of Match Editor, can save match type. Think of it like Halo where you can save custom match types & go back to them. They show up in the match type menu.
-New Options/Additions to CAS, CAV, CAA
--Polishing all the create modes from the ground up
--Free cam highlights

uOJe2T.gif

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/07/05/wwe-2k18-news-first-mycareer-universe-creation-suite-gameplay-and-presentation-details/#15408ffb2b7a

Created diva can go through the career mode

Last but not least, there's a new MyCareer online mode called Road to Glory. Things were especially hush-hush about this feature, but executive producer Mark Little seemed very fond of it. The development team seems to have high hopes for RTG, and I believe it could open the door to some sort of esports competitions

The commentary has been catastrophic in WWE 2K games, but we were promised this year's game would offer better audio. There's a partially new team handling the duties. Michael Cole returns, but he is joined by Byron Saxton and Corey Graves.

I pressed Little to give me a number and I can confirm he told me between 170 and 200 Superstars.

8 people in the ring is awesome news! In Tony's video he mentioned he asked if having more people in the ring would cause any slow downs and they said "absolutely not"... however, what about if you use a bunch of custom content?

From the description in Pulse's video:

---Different types of wrestlers & how they wrestle // high flyers cant do certain things, big men cant do certain things, player archetypes.

Not really liking the sounds of this but I'll wait and see how limited each style is before I get too worried.

I can barely play a 6 Man Tag match without shit going wrong. Hopefully they ACTUALLY fixed AI and have a steady Framerate for 8 Men matches.

New Graphics Engine sounds cool though

Ooooh, New Commentary team(Cole, Saxton and Graves).

New Ring Announcer too, JoJo and her big booty is in 2K18

More Referees, not the actual refs in WWE though.

New Crowd system (movements, chants and blah)

Roster is going to have close to 200 people.

They re-wrote the whole Universe Mode

"Working with the NBA 2K team, which is known for its authentic commentary quality, WWE 2K18 brings in Michael Cole, Byron Saxton, and Corey Graves as the lead commentators. To give it a more organic feel, the three commentators were given extra time to work, and also had the chance to perform in the same room as their co-commentators to lend the recording process more of a natural feel."

FINALLY

"Each wrestler in the roster is set up with a particular archetype, like high-flyer or giant, which reflects their physique, moveset, and physical prowess in the ring. This is not only to reflect the variety in the roster, but also to give players diving into Create-A-Wrestler more defined archetypes to attach themselves to."

Hope this isn't too limiting.

"In addition to an overhauled dragging system (the technique of using opponent's' momentum against them), a new carrying system has been introduced, which allows players to pick up their opponents, leading to a variety of different moves like power bombs, cradles, and environmental moves. Moreover, theres also a new position feeding' mechanic, which allows players to sell' their position in the match, launching a move from a groggy or ground position. The developers claim that the grappling systems are more dynamic, leading to a greater level of possibilities compared to the comparatively static system from the previous game."

This was probably most intriguing for me because I don't know what the hell they talking about. Is this the return of UCMs? Position feeding?

Archived