2016 Hall Of Fame Class Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have a WCW Hall of Fame section and put Sting in that.

By that logic why not have an ECW section or AWA or NWA or whatever else. Nah, that makes no sense. Sting didn't just do a lot for WCW, he did a lot for wrestling in general.

WWE is expected to announce one or two more names this week for the WWE Hall of Fame 2016 class. Snoop Dogg has been rumored by several sources as one of the persons to possibly be inducted. Here is a list of the confirmed names:

* Sting (will be inducted by Ric Flair)
* Stan Hansen (will be inducted by Vader)
* Jacqueline (will be inducted by The Dudley Boyz)
* The Fabulous Freebirds (will be inducted by The New Day)
* The Big Boss Man (will be inducted by Slick)
* The Godfather (will be inducted by JBL and Ron Simmons)

The 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony takes place on Saturday, April 2, the night before WrestleMania 32, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas at 6:30 p.m. local time.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/wwe-to-announce-more-hall-of-fame-inductees/

^^ More on this...

WWE announced this morning that television journalist Joan Lunden would be the 2016 recipient of the Warrior Award at the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony this Saturday in Dallas, Texas.

The initial announcement was made on The Today Show this morning by John Cena.

A WWE announcement noted, "The Warrior Award is given to someone who has exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior. The award will be presented to Lunden by The Ultimate Warriors widow, Dana Warrior. In June 2014, Lunden was diagnosed with triple-negative breast cancer, which required chemotherapy, surgery and radiation. Lunden made the decision to take her battle public and has since shared her journey through cancer treatment, becoming a prominent voice in the breast cancer community."

It is truly humbling to be honored by WWE and receive this years Warrior Award at the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Lunden said on WWE.com. After being diagnosed with cancer, my first thought was to survive, but soon after, I changed my focus from my cancer to the fight against cancer and my life took on a whole new purpose. WWE has welcomed me into their family, offering me warmth and support, as have so many of the WWE fans from around the world. It is a privilege to receive this honor.

The WWE Hall of Fame will air live on the WWE Network this Saturday. PWInsider.com will have complete coverage.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=100887

How not? the award is about recognizing people who aren't appreciated or recognized for the work they put in, like the people who put together and take apart the ring all the time.

or the guys that put together the montage video packages together and team that does a wrestlers entrance video. i mean the only time they got any recognition was when Edge thanked them during his Smackdown retirement speech.

Its a weak class for sure. Not bad just a weak class. I still think Taker should have been put in. It wouldnt have changed anything

Induct him before he's officially retired? Why? No point in doing that.

Not sure how I feel about Snoop going in. I guess compared to some others who got in, he's really not too bad. The day they induct that jersey shore garbage, on the other hand, will be a dark dark day and I hope she get booed to hell.

Warrior Award is whatever. I'm not really against it, so eh.

WWE had decided to add a Legacy Award to this years Hall of Fame that will honor stars from the past. A photo of a t-shirt surfaced online that was taken at a WWE store with the following names shown:

Ed Strangler Lewis, Frank Gotch, George Hackenschmidt, Lou Thesz, Mildred Burke, Pat OConnor and Sailor Art Thomas.

https://twitter.com/HomerunGrandma/status/715311805103378432

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/wwe-adding-new-award-to-the-hall-of-fame/

Archived