What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

UFC 2. It's so much better than the first one, it's not even funny. Ground game is so much more fun. Whole game is more fun. Even training isn't too bad...and I was able to make a character in my career within an hour that literally looks exactly like I do...without even using "game face". Just really nailed it on this game. It has some quirks, but nothing serious.

I love UFC 2. KO mode is a ton of fun, even if it seems like body shots are way more effective than other strikes in KO mode. Submissions are difficult, but that makes sense. The stand-up game is great, and punching people in the head with Tyson never gets boring.

Yeah, submissions still seem way harder to me than they should be. My reaction time isn't good enough to play offense and defense at the same time, which is what I think you need to do. At best, I can defend against them...but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to pull one off...not when there's like five different levels to it. Maybe if I was playing on a smaller tv...where I could see the whole submission system quicker. Playing on a 60" makes it kinda hard to have my eyes on every side of the system though.

Edited by Generations

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UFC 2. It's so much better than the first one, it's not even funny. Ground game is so much more fun. Whole game is more fun. Even training isn't too bad...and I was able to make a character in my career within an hour that literally looks exactly like I do...without even using "game face". Just really nailed it on this game. It has some quirks, but nothing serious.

I love UFC 2. KO mode is a ton of fun, even if it seems like body shots are way more effective than other strikes in KO mode. Submissions are difficult, but that makes sense. The stand-up game is great, and punching people in the head with Tyson never gets boring.

Yeah, submissions still seem way harder to me than they should be. My reaction time isn't good enough to play offense and defense at the same time, which is what I think you need to do. At best, I can defend against them...but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to pull one off...not when there's like five different levels to it. Maybe if I was playing on a smaller tv...where I could see the whole submission system quicker. Playing on a 60" makes it kinda hard to have my eyes on every side of the system though.

The only submission victories I ever got were with Rousey against Holly Holm (which is how the real fight SHOULD'VE gone) via armbar. Rousey's level 5 armbar game might've been the extra bit of aid that pushed for the sub victory, but I agree that the submission game as a whole is ridiculously hard. I remember it being really easy in EA MMA (I only played a little bit of EA UFC 1)

UFC 2. Man it's addicting.

Anyway, Gen maybe this is helpful for you, it worked for me.

I actually figured out the submission thing a little bit better earlier. Kinda had to...in order to not lose in my career. Speaking of which...I beat the ever loving shit out of CM Punk with my fighter. Felt kind of bad afterwards. :lol: Undefeated at 11-0-0 as of now. Of course, it's not really an accomplishment to stay undefeated in this game...since you can just restart the fight.

The career fights get ridiculous when you get into title territory though. My character is like 10 or 15 points lower overall than everyone I fight...and there's not really any feasible way to even it up. I did manage to become the champion and defend the belt twice...but these fights are a pain in the ass. My character moves entirely too slow to avoid being pressured. I do all the training I possibly can...but it's not helping much anymore.

Edited by Generations

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC): Finishing up taking my last character through Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Emperor. Maybe one day I'll finally subscribe... after they finish releasing all of the Knights of the Fallen Empire chapters.

Also still playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4)

Edited by WarGreymon77

Grabbed The Wolf Among Us from Games With Gold and I've fallen in love with it. Other than that, I'm still playing Hitman because the gameplay is that refined and that much better than Absolution's gameplay.

A lot of TellTale games lately, TWD: Michonne, Game of Thrones (never watched the show but the game is fun) and replaying Wolf Among Us since its free on Xbox. Likely gonna download Quantum Break tomorrow and check it out.

I've been playing Cities: Skylines, Mortal Kombat X, Skyrim, and FirePro Wrestling Returns.

I bought Cities: Skylines during a sale because I wasn't sure I'd like it or not. I've played plenty of sim games like it in the past: Sim City, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, The Sims (original PC series). Pray that I never get elected to run a real city because I'm a terrible terrible mayor. If it aint traffic, then it's poop water. If it ain't poop water then it's fire. If it ain't fire, then it's flooding. You get the idea, right?

I was gifted MKX for Christmas. I really wanted something to hold me over until I was able to get Street Fighter V (I haven't gotten SFV yet due to the barebones release). I was really excited to play the game, but then I found out that they're not getting any of the new DLC. That pretty much put a damper on me ever playing online, so I just play towers with "Mystic" Ermac. I'd like to learn "Necromancer" Shinnok and "Metallic" Tremor.

I've been modding Skyrim for years. I've hardly played the game. I've been brainstorming and modifying my character builds for a while. I'm likely going to start a Destruction/Staff mage soon, and I'm interested in seeing how well my paladin and illusionist builds play out. I'd be here all day and then some just telling about what progress I've made in designing those characters. I'm also learning the Creation Kit in the wake of a family death as it really hit me hard and I needed something else to keep my mind off it so I don't panic and crumble from the loss - it's not easy, that's for sure. Most of what I've accomplished is on the spells and magical effects part of the game.

And lastly, I've been making assorted edits on FirePro as I can think of them. The retro look of FirePro is what keeps me coming back to it, even if the game is nearly 10 years old by now. I really enjoy making custom/original edits. I don't really "play" the game, so as much as I use as something to cover the downtime between NXT and Lucha Underground airings.

Downloaded Zombi for the ps4 as it's free this month with ps+. It's funny as i actually own this for the Wii U but have barely played it. I actually quite enjoy it, rather intense knowing your character can permanently die at any second.

Also gave Dark Souls II another shot before Dark Souls III drops this month. Really enjoying it second time around. For some reason I just couldn't get into it when I had the ps4 version of it.

Three bobbleheads left in Fallout 4...or maybe 4 of them. Can't remember. Stopped playing to watch SD though. I always play Fallout expecting to finish up whatever I started doing, and then I just end up organizing things and killing a bunch of enemies...and maybe doing a tiny, tiny part of what I actually wanted to do. :lol:

Also, working on finishing the Austin Showcase in 2K16. Yeah, it's taken me this long. I lost interest in it, but I actually find it fun right now...even if some of the objectives are a pain in my nutsack.

Edited by Generations