King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

I agree, Kushida is definitely one of the best in the world right now.

Also..

Kinda wish Jushin Liger vs. Minoru Suzuki would happen after that little exchange during the lumberjack match. I understand why Yoshi-Hashi is getting a shot though, they have been slowly building him a bit. I'm sure Suzuki/Ishii will happen eventually, but on a bigger stage. I could even see it being a Wrestle Kingdom match, but for now I rather they build up this frustrated Ishii following that loss to Omega.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meltzer predicted Liger vs Suzuki will happen at some point, I wanna see it too. I really hope Yoshi-Hashi doesn't win the belt. I wish we would've gotten Liger vs Naito for the IC belt but I get that the IC belt is a heavyweight title, maybe a special non-title match would be cool. Fair point about Ishii/Suzuki, though!

I love Kushida, but...

I feel like he's always the Jr. Heavyweight Champion or at least a contender for it. I wish they'd change it up a bit with him, go after the Jr. tag titles with someone or even the 6 man tag titles. I think he has to bulk up to go after the other singles titles though, right? At least that's what I remember Kenny doing when he wanted to go after the IC title.

I legit wanted him to lose the finals of the BOSJ vs Ospreay and announce he'd bulk up and be on G1. The matches he could have with guys like Naito, Ishii, Suzuki,... man! He's one of the best wrestlers in the world, regardless of weight class, imo.

Lmao, I just realised Tanahashi vs Billy Gunn will be Ace vs Ass.

GO ASS!

I honestly can't think of anyone better to take the title off Okada than Kenny so if that means a third match then I'm *censored*ing down.

Cody really better show out this match for real because people are starting to sour on him quick.

I honestly can't think of anyone better to take the title off Okada than Kenny so if that means a third match then I'm *censored*ing down.

Tranquilo... assen na yo.

Billy Gunn is still working New Japan events?

Rarely, but he will be working the G1 US special against Tanahashi.

So why did he get fired from WWE?

Got caught for roids in a body building thing.

Interesting brackets. But also leaving a lot to be desired.

I'm pulling for Juice to get the upset he deserves. But I have too many fears about the "first impressions" bug that will surely plague this show. ie) it's probably going to be catered to bigger names than someone like Juice. Would NJPW really want to put the belt on a guy that American fans remember as a jobber in NXT? I hate shit like that...because this really should be Juice's moment, IMO. Especially an upset victory over Omega or something big.

Guest Fight Me.

Only 3 Americans in that tournament lol. I'd pull for Jay Lethal, but I imagine they'd want someone who's always in Japan to be the first champion. So I think Juice Robinson would be a good choice too.

I am picking ZSJ to win. He could go into the next set of Evolve shows as Evolve Champion, PWG World Champion, Rev Pro British Champion and possibly NJPW US Champion.

And that was stupid for Billy Gunn to do to get himself fired.

NJPW star Kenny Omega put on one hell of show at Sunday's NJPW Dominion but he also made history when he became the 13th man to ever headline shows at Tokyo Dome, Nippon Budokan, Sumo Hall, and Osaka-jo Hall (four of Japan's biggest wrestling venues), and the first to accomplish the feat in 15 years!

https://twitter.com/NotBrockJahnke/status/874450098255736832

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/46856/Kenny-Omega-Breaks-NJPW-Record-For-The-First-Time/

Archived