King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, njpw world was redesigned? Is there an english page now? Id check but im on mobile

There's an English option at the top...it looks like this:

erxzco.jpg

Ballin, gon' sign up now that I can understand the site.

Although checking it out, their engrish is pretty funny. Should make it even more amusing.

The old site was actually perfectly navigable with a basic translator before...even without one, really. Most of the time I wouldn't even bother translating the old site...you just get used to the layout of things. Schedule is straight forward. The actual sign-up process was the only time when you needed to understand a tad bit more, but I just followed a tutorial back when I did that.

Just read that Axis tv will be airing the US G1 show live, in full. That's pretty cool. Fully expected it to just be a NJPW World thing. On the other hand...I hope that doesn't mean a watered down product.

I`m really looking forward to NJPWs expansion into the west. I`m not expecting them to go toe to toe with WWE or anything (though a couple years down the line, if they do everything just right, they might be at least somewhat competition there) but it opens up a lot of possibilities.. and if friggin AAA can get a goddamn video game, why can`t NJPW?

So a while ago Cody announced he'd be in the G1 and with the way he's been booked that almost seemed like a no-brainer, however he's recently taken an August booking for Wrestle Circus so now it's seems as his G1 situation is up in the air. Don't know what to make of this, tbh, but I thought it was interesting.

BOSJ Day 4 spoilers:

Takahashi and Ricochet had a great match but I didn't think Ricochet was going to win, that really messed up my predictions. And *censored*ing Taichi beating Dragon Lee as well, ffs.

Regarding Cody, i read a couple days ago that Gedo is not impressed with Codys style in NJPW, so he is thinking of cutting him from the G1 tournament.

Marty Scurll on the other hand has been said to really impress NJPW management and is possibly offered a fulltime contract after BOSJ.

Cody has to return to WWE soon anyway. At least...if his list is anything to go by. One of the last names on his list is Roderick Strong, and he obviously can't do that without going to NXT, or WWE when Roddy is called up. Think the last few names on his list are Young Bucks, Shibata (which might never happen), and Strong.

Guest Fight Me.

I don't think he got to face Adam Cole (who was at the tippy top of his list) either since they were both in Bullet Club. I can definitely see Cody coming back in a year or so to finish his list.

I don't think he got to face Adam Cole (who was at the tippy top of his list) either since they were both in Bullet Club. I can definitely see Cody coming back in a year or so to finish his list.

They either already had a match this week...or it's happening really soon. Don't remember which promotion, but yeah...some indy promotion was booking that match for the twenty-something of this month...

*edit: the promotion is North East Wrestling, and the match is on the 26th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xto4yLBuf0c

Part of me almost wonders if Cody had some type of agreement with Goldust...that if he managed to complete everything on his list other than Bucks, then Goldust would go to the indy scene and they'd do that. Because that would be really cool to see. No idea what Dust's contract looks like, but breaking up Golden Truth was a good start for that to happen.

Regarding Cody, i read a couple days ago that Gedo is not impressed with Codys style in NJPW, so he is thinking of cutting him from the G1 tournament.

Marty Scurll on the other hand has been said to really impress NJPW management and is possibly offered a fulltime contract after BOSJ.

Not complaining about the Cody part... And really happy to hear about Scurll!

BOSJ Day 7:

Damn, didn't see ACH beating KUSHIDA at all. My prediction of KUSHIDA going to the finals seems to be going down the toilet... I think El Despy has to lose every match or at least draw on the last day vs Kanemaru for KUSHIDA to be able to get there. And that's if he wins every match. I really like tournaments cause I enjoy these calculations you have to do. Intricate booking serves them well.

New Japan World announced today that it is adding two live events to the service over the upcoming days.

Both the May 31st show in Osaka and the June 1st show in Nagoya, which will be the last day of competition in the A block and B block respectively, will now have the entire shows streamed live. Previously only the tournament matches were to air on a several hour delay.

Tomorrow's show in Takasaki will be the last tape delayed show.

http://www.f4wonline.com/japan/njpw-world-adds-two-more-live-bosj-shows-schedule-236291?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced the following today

On Friday June 30, New Japan Pro-Wrestling in conjunction with Marukai will present a live press conference for the G1 Specials in the US. We will be live at the Marukai, Gardena location.

The press conference will feature the participants in the tournament to crown the first IWGP United States Champion. Also present will be the IWGP Heavyweight Champion and the IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

The event will be free of charge. Fans and media are both welcome to attend.

Venue: Marukai

Address: 1740 W Artesia Blvd, Gardena, CA 90248

Time: 4pm PST

http://411mania.com/wrestling/njpw-holding-us-g1-special-press-conference-on-friday-in-california/

BOSJ Day 12 spoilers:

Just finished watching the show, gutted that Hiromu isn't going to the finals but Ospreay will do a great job, I'm sure. The promo he cut at the end was really good! Both the main event and Ricochet vs Scurll were great matches, btw.

Just finished the BOSJ Finals, I'll copy/paste my thoughts from cagematch on KUSHIDA/Ospreay.

"Jesus *censored*ing christ I need a cigarette after that one, and I don't even smoke. What a barn burner from start to finish. Honestly with everything I've seen from the man I had my criticisms of Will Ospreay despite thinking he was an excellent high flyer, but after watching him gradually evolve with his matches against Shibata and now an all time great Jr. Heavyweight like KUSHIDA I'm officially sold on the dude. And KUSHIDA, he's the *censored*ing man. Always has been. The match began with some incredibly crisp chain wrestling, both men are just so sound and well versed on the mat but from there between the several finisher teases, KUSHIDA's merciless assault on Ospreay's arms as he screamed in agony and the counters, everything just built to a beautiful crescendo. Shoutout to KUSHIDA for the Danielson stomps, I marked out so hard for that as well as him enduring every last Cheeky Nandos kick by not letting go of the top rope. MOTYC. ****3/4"

My thoughts, written right after I finished watching it:

Holy hell, what a war! This match had everything, submissions, high flying, shoot style strikes, fighting spirit... this was amazing. Ospreay showed a side of him I'd never seen before and I felt like this match was almost a slap in the face of his detractors, he showed he can do everything they can and just as well or even better. KUSHIDA proved once again he's one of the best wrestlers in the world and can do anything. The emotion at the end of the match was real as I felt it too in a bout that made me jump off my seat several times. Outstanding, the best match of the tournament. *****

The Ospreay/Kushida match was so good, that I liked a video clip of it on FB...and one of my friends who doesn't even watch wrestling followed suit. How many times does a non-wrestling fan see a wrestling video...and be impressed enough by it to actually bother clicking "like"?

Archived