King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yano is a clown.

He doesn't get "good reactions"...people just laugh at the shit he does. BIG difference.

Okay, Makabe, then. Or Yoshi-Hashi.

Makabe has been a champion...and I don't really have a reason why Yoshi-Hashi wouldn't work as a champion. So...I'm not following what you're saying. I thought you were on about good reactions not being enough to be a champion. Also, I'd like to point out that we're talking about the IC title, not the heavyweight belt. A few liberties can be taken with the IC title. It's not the "main" draw. You're acting like I'm saying that Juice should be the heavyweight champion or something.

NJPW needs the IC champ to draw, that's all I'm saying. In WWE that's not necessary. All I'm saying is Juice isn't a big enough draw to hold the IC championship at this point. Of course I can't prove it but that's my prediction, probably the same one Gedo had and probably why they didn't have Naito drop the belt to Juice. It's a decision that can be argued but makes sense. And again they like to have a stacked card at Dominion and no Juice match would be anywhere near Naito vs Tana.

Naito only dropped that belt because he will win the G1 IMO.

There is so much history to draw upon there.

Naito won the G1 heading into WK8, pushed as a babyface main eventer that failed to get over. Eventually NJPW did a fan poll where it was decided that people wanted to see the IWGP Intercontinental championship match between Nakamura and Tanahashi main event over Okada vs Naito. In that respect it makes so much sense that Naito treated the IC belt the way he did - he holds a grudge against it.

Naito's demeanour then slowly changed into the lovable, ungovernable belt destroying man we all know today.

Then at WK10 Okada beats 'The Ace of NJPW' Hiroshi Tanahashi in what can be considered a passing of the torch.

At WK11 Naito beats Tanahashi as well, accomplishing the same feat as Okada.

A WK12 vindication will be upon us as Naito finally gets his rightful main event match against Okada.

Speaking of love Natio shitting all over the US title tournament and already threatening to destroy that title too.

He said he wanted to do a Kojima and offer his spot in the tournament to someone else lmao.

Naito's demeanour then slowly changed into the lovable, ungovernable belt destroying man we all know today.

Lovable??

That's saying something considering the year those other two have had. I think this year was the first where I really started appreciating how good Okada really is.

Hiromu has been on fire since returning home. Definitely a much needed breath of fresh air in the Jr division.

Please throw the towel, didn't think Cody could have such an uninteresting match with Okada.

Edit: I take it back a little, the false finishes and finisher sequences picked it up a bit.

I really hope they don't put the title on Cody.

That was definitely Cody's best showing so far and it was good match, but gotdamn Cody has a ton to work on. Get that man in the dojo.

Any word on this where this issue with Cody and Omega is going? I know Omega isn't going anywhere, and I doubt Cody is returning to WWE already. Is he? I'm only asking because I know somebody is getting superkicked out the group.

That was definitely Cody's best showing so far and it was good match, but gotdamn Cody has a ton to work on. Get that man in the dojo.

Any word on this where this issue with Cody and Omega is going? I know Omega isn't going anywhere, and I doubt Cody is returning to WWE already. Is he? I'm only asking because I know somebody is getting superkicked out the group.

Whatever issue they may have will probably all be settled in a future episode of Being the Elite.

Archived