Official NXT TakeOver: [R]Evolution Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duuuuuuuuude, the promo for Kevin Owens has me more hyped for a superstar than I have before in a long while. Cool as hell how he mentions his past with pics of Rollins, D-Bryan, Neville, and especially Zayn - mentioning him as his best friend. Holy shit.

Was the best part. Wish they went a bit into Zayn training with Generico and Owens' past with him, but we can't win em all......

Seriously cool that they acknowledged that. The vignettes are getting me super hyped for the guy I was least hype for. Now I care more about him debuting than anyone

But it's Kevin Owens so it's ok.

Seriously though, I mean it's one thing getting pushed too early on the main roster, but on NXT I don't see it as too much of a problem.

I can't believe it's next week already, I'm really hyped for this - especially Zayn-Neville and Steen's debut. :D

I hope Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze will at least have a segment, they shouldn't be excluded from the final NXT special of the year. I can see Breeze being attacked by Marcus Louis (who's hilariously terrifying).

Is there a small chance they'll let Kevin use the Package Piledriver?

Only chance I could see them letting him use it is if he does it on someone like Zayn, who's taken it like probably a dozen times. But I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Corey Graves is making a special announcement regarding his future on the pre-show. This doesn't sound good to me, if he was able to return I think he just would...this sounds like a possible retirement announcement to me. :/

Nooo :( :( I miss Graves I hope it isn't retirement

When Finn Bálor said the Ascension better get ready for something they've never seen before, I hope he means the bodypaint. :D

I'd kill for Balor ro get a gimmick where he's Finn without the paint, but can turn into Prince Devitt with the bodypaint as a last resort, like what Cactus Jack was to Mick Foley in the WWF/E.

None at all.

Don't be so negative. They let Bourne use the shooting star, I'm sure they'll let Owens use the Package Piledriver.

When Finn Bálor said the Ascension better get ready for something they've never seen before, I hope he means the bodypaint. :D

I'd kill for Balor ro get a gimmick where he's Finn without the paint, but can turn into Prince Devitt with the bodypaint as a last resort, like what Cactus Jack was to Mick Foley in the WWF/E.

None at all.
Don't be so negative. They let Bourne use the shooting star, I'm sure they'll let Owens use the Package Piledriver.

The SSP and Package Piledriver are two completely different moves, though. And we've had guys like Billy Kidman pull off the SSP before Bourne came in. Only difference between their respective SSP's, is that Bourne gets a lot more elevation and has more impact when stretches his arms and legs back.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that if Owens does indeed use the Package Piledriver, I'll mark the *Censored* out (especially if it's on Zayn).

Didn't Kidman injure Chavo with his SSP and that led to it being banned until Bourne begged Vince to use it? At least that's what I heard.

I remember that. But that incident just shows another contrast in their SSP, I think. I always thought Kidman did his SSP at a slight angle, which probably the reason why his knee landed on the side of Chavo's head.

Archived