New Gimmick Dropped already?

.Nëro

WWE Superstars Luke Harper and Erick Rowan were recently repackaged as the Bludgeon Brothers. They have been cutting cryptic promos on SmackDown Live for weeks, presumably leading to their eventual debut.

According to a report on No DQ, the Bludgeon Brothers, who'd made their debuts during the European Tour were now coming out in their old Wyatt Family ring gear. They even came out to Luke Harper's old theme song.

@nodqdotcom @aaronrift looks like luke harper eric rowan dropped the bludgeon brothers gimmick tonight in leeds, luke was massively over tonight here pic.twitter.com/T125Zo2lgx

— Gareth Smith (@Gstraitz) November 8, 2017
In case you didn't know...

Former members of the Wyatt Family, Harper and Rowan were repackaged in this throwback gimmick quite recently, and even made their debuts on WWE's recent tour of Europe. Their gear was an odd shade of red, that did not exactly garner good reviews.

Here come the bludgeon brothers #WWEDublin pic.twitter.com/d3jc8pLvum

— Michael (@mickfurlong11) November 2, 2017

We wonder if the return to the old ring gear could have happened as a response to the unfavourable reviews that the current ring gear had gotten.

The heart of the matter

Aaron Rift from No DQ asked a fan in attendance if Harper and Rowan came out to new Bludgeon Brothers music, or if they indeed reverted to their old Wyatt Family ways once again. The answer, in this case, was the latter scenario.

Yes they came out to luke harpers music no hammers or the outfits they've been wearing on the earlier dates of the tour full on wyatt gimmick tonight

— Gareth Smith (@Gstraitz) November 9, 2017

Could this Live Event in Leeds be an indicator of things to come, or is it just a one off departure from the norm? We'll keep you updated with regard to future Live Event and television appearances from these two bludgeoning brothers.

What's next?

We've been seeing them cutting promos for weeks at a stretch, and still have no idea about when this tag team will eventually make their debut.

We assume that it will be very soon indeed.

They could breathe new life into the rather thin tag team division that exists on SmackDown Live.

Author's take

I do not actually have an opinion on the Bludgeon Brothers dropping the new gimmick, when I hadn't even properly seen the old one. All I'll say is that Harper and Rowan are two talented individuals and I hope they do well.

Credit :- Sportskeeda

Nero

Yeah, they're the same "source" that said Rusev and Lana were quiting months ago lol. But I mean, it's not hard to believe this story with the live event pictures and coming out to their old music.

Yeah, they're the same "source" that said Rusev and Lana were quiting months ago lol. But I mean, it's not hard to believe this story with the live event pictures and coming out to their old music.

Lana said she was almost fired in a recent interview.

and yet there was a promo on the most recent episode as the BB

Maybe they just don't have a theme or new attire yet, or they don't wanna ruin the new theme/attire on a house show and want it seen live on SD later

and yet there was a promo on the most recent episode as the BB

Maybe they just don't have a theme or new attire yet, or they don't wanna ruin the new theme/attire on a house show and want it seen live on SD later

They did use a new theme and attires at house shows. They recently went back to there old look.

Good. Hope they have dropped the Bludgeon Brothers. I hated everything about the gimmick and both Luke Harper and Erick Rowan deserve much more.

At this point, I think the best thing would be for Harper and Rowan to jump over to RAW and reunite with Bray. While Id love to see all 3 of them have successful singles careers, it just doesnt seem to be happening. And they all seemed to be their best when they were together as The Wyatt Family.

Archived