Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

AlterNation

Yeah, it's a pretty major shift. Essentially going from a somewhat strict religion to saying "there might be a God, or maybe not". Our entire family is super religious, since up until my parents generation we were essentially Polish peasants in tiny villages where they took religion SUPER seriously.

And it's one of those things where it'll just make life easier in the long run not to withhold it, but a big pain in the immediate future.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So somehow a mouse got into my car. It takes an hour to get the *censored*er out of there. Then I go to apply for a job and get mocked for my appearance. Then I go home and take out the trash. I reach our trash bin and as I open it, a swarm of wasps emerge from within it. My phobia of wasps kick in and I attempt to run from the source of fear. As I do, I trip and eat shit, scrapping my leg all over the rocky driveway, cutting the skin open. My leg was covered in a thin layer of blood. thankfully I didn't get stung. I threw the trash in, dashed to my car, and booked it out of there. It's also way to hot out. I really *censored*ing hate summer time.

House phone has this stupid flaw where in order to turn the ringer/answering machine volume down, it will ring every single time you push the "volume down" button. So, here it is 11:30 pm...and I push the volume down button, and the phone starts ringing at full blast while people are trying to sleep. And there is no way to stop it until it's rung the cycle it has to ring. And I push it again trying to lower it quickly before it keeps going, but it resets it and rings again at an equal volume. Who the *Censored* designed this piece of shit? If I was pushing the 'volume down' button, why would I want the ringer to sound every damn time? Obviously I'm trying to be quiet if I want the volume lower...the idea was to lower the volume a shitload, so I could check a message. Lord jesus.

I hate how youtube's algorithms really, REALLY want to force bullshit topics on people.

I honestly think that whatever youtube is doing is 10x worse than Facebook; If for no reason other than the fact that it's all video...and I think video influences the way people think much more easily than articles do.

I've been using the family computer during the time that my computer has been dead, and I've seen the types of algorithms that youtube has created based on what my dad watches...and it's so deeply ingrained in the recommendations that it's almost impossible to stop certain things from popping up.

I could wipe the entire watch history, but I decided to delete certain items just to see if I could alter the algorithm in any way. In closing...it's really, really, super hard to make certain topics disappear. Youtube always wants to force some type of politics/news...and always wants to force some type of popular mainstream youtuber garbage. Those are the constants. You can edit the suggestions so that there are a handful of other subjects mixed in there...but it's a really strong algorithm that wants to show you very specific things. The news/political recommendations might change a bit depending on the other things you watch...but they're always present. And there are always those trash "you wouldn't believe" type videos.

Bloody hell = "swearing" = Muur in trouble with the GF

I mean, I love her pure naive innocence but bloody hell

She is religious I guess...

My glasses just randomly broke and the screw is lost

my old glasses are shit and everything now looks slanted through them

Archived