Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Speaking of Kofi...I used to look forward to seeing how he would avoid elimination...but I don't care about that anymore either. Several of the more recent ones have been pretty dumb. Like...landing on a plate of pancakes or whatever shit they did the last time. Yeah...no.

Also, I suspect that they've run out of ideas so bad, that the spot is going to be obvious right from the start...because they'll probably have some structure or prop nearby that isn't usually there.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar helps someone like a Drake Maverick or a Heath Slater or a Kofi Kingston win the Rumble just to get himself an easier opponent for WrestleMania.

Yeah you will, they're not having Drake Maverick or Heath *censored*ing Slater win the Rumble and you know it.

And no idea why you put Kofi in the same breath as those two like he wasn't WWE Champion for 6 months last year and wasn't in one of the WM main events.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar helps someone like a Drake Maverick or a Heath Slater or a Kofi Kingston win the Rumble just to get himself an easier opponent for WrestleMania.

Yeah you will, they're not having Drake Maverick or Heath *censored*ing Slater win the Rumble and you know it.

And no idea why you put Kofi in the same breath as those two like he wasn't WWE Champion for 6 months last year and wasn't in one of the WM main events.

You mean like in 99 when they had full time guy and main eventer win the Rum-oh, wait.

Usual card position wise, yes Kofi is leagues above those two, but I was just naming names who would make sense for Lesnar not to take seriously. Drake & Slater are lower down the card while the two time Kofi has faced Brock, he's gotten squashed with both matches lasting a combined total of under three minuted. Yes in terms of card position Kofi is closer to guys like Rollins or Reigns or Mysterio or Braun, but the thing is when Lesnar has faced those guys, they've all presented more than a little bit of a challenge for Brock, with the first two holding outright wins over him. Brock would be dumb as bricks to take any of them as an easy pay day, compared to a guy who lasted a combined total of like 2:46 across two matches against him. It wouldn't make sense him to game the Rumble and help a guy he knows is capable of beating him.

Vince was in a major feud with Austin at the time. Not mention hes someone important unlike Slater and Maverick.

I also dont get the strategy. Lesnar is in the Rumble, he wants to win it.

Still didn't need to win the Rumble.

Lesnar also wants to win at the biggest show of the year, and the Rumble determines his opponent. Plus he already has a Rumble win to his name. Why not game the system to get yourself and easy win at Mania?

Vince was in a major feud with Austin at the time. Not mention hes someone important unlike Slater and Maverick.

I also dont get the strategy. Lesnar is in the Rumble, he wants to win it.

Still didn't need to win the Rumble.

Lesnar also wants to win at the biggest show of the year, and the Rumble determines his opponent. Plus he already has a Rumble win to his name. Why not game the system to get yourself and easy win at Mania?

because he is not a bitch lmao

Dang, these guys really put Lesnar in the Rumble? Hope you guys liked when Punk's Nexus and Cena's Hornswoggle faction took turns just throwing people out one by one, because I think you're in for a lot of that.

More like the Rumble when Kane and Big Show unceremoniously tossed everyone out like trash.

Anyway, I don't expect this to be anything like any of those scenarios...because Brock is actually entertaining, and this is probably to set up for something at Mania. I doubt he gets too many eliminations in before someone gets the upset elimination and pisses him off. My money is on him tossing out 5 or 6 people in the beginning...looking like he's unstoppable...and then being eliminated by a wildcard. If anything, it might help the rumble by getting rid of some of the guys who we absolutely know aren't going to win it.

Tbh those are some of my favorite entrants. Love when the lower carders run in and get a little spot. Chavo running out in 2012 and suplexing literally everyone until he pulled off a proper 3 Amigos, Breeze showing up and kicking Styles and Reigns' heads off for spot, Adam Rose's rosebuds ditching him immediately for Kofi, Santino's....anything, all were highlights of their respective matches. And of course Slater's spot from two years ago is pure gold. So if Brock means less of that....well, boo.

It kinda sucks how Brock takes the wind out of the sails of everything.

Meh...that's just one perspective to have.

Personally, I think Brock has been mostly fine in 2019. (Pretty much since he settled on retiring from UFC). I even liked the concept behind the Brock/Rey/Dominic angle quite a bit...until Cain decided not to do WWE long term. Which I think is the real problem here. They probably intended to continue that angle, but had to scrap it with without Cain continuing on.

Tbh, I don't consider it Brock at all who is the problem...it's a combination of how he is used, and even how he is represented by Heyman. If Brock showed up on WWE one day...and he was just Brock Lesnar without anyone else...it would be some solid shit. He's just so type-casted in this '30 second match' role with Heyman running his mouth, that no one wants to see him...which is why I'm hopeful about the Rumble scenario. Because...Lesnar is not a stupid guy. He sells well, he acts well, and he damn sure has ability. Most of (if not all of) what is wrong with him is no fault of his own. WWE pays him...and then they tell him what they want him to do. He always does exactly that. For better or worse...

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1214642010780585984

Some fantasy booking, but Bubba spoke the truth right there.

I don't know what peoples standpoint on Bubba, but he's been known to have some cool opinions and good general knowledge of the industry, combing some classic mindsets with more progressive ones. And he is generaly a good promo guy and has that speaking capability. I would love to see him in some capacity in WWE.

I dig it. It's a pipe dream, but it's a good story that's got logic. Punk may be the only outsider I would be fine with returning and winning since he has history with Heyman. But I definitely hope they avoid having an outsider win the Rumble since I think it would make your current talent (several of whom they're building) look too weak, which is not good for the future. But if it's Punk? The story and size of the match might be too hard to pass up.

Archived