Spider-Man Series (Insomniac/PlayStation)

Jeb ★

I'm right there with you. I think it's because moving around the city feels so fun and fluid.

What suit is everyone using? I'm balancing the MCU and the Stealth 'Big Time' Suit.

Been spending time with as many as I can but I really liked the MK ones

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this game on an impulse, caved after seeing so many people hyped about it. Not a big Marvel fan but I like some of it, rarely play these types of games though. However, I'm having a blast with this game so far. Haven't played it much, at 10% game completion, and I'm still getting used to some of the controls but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's so fun just swinging around the city plus the game looks incredible. Also a fan of the voice actor that does Peter so that's another plus.

I really liked the Venom poison sequence. It was clearly inspired by the Scarecrow sections in Arkham Asylum and the Cloudburst section in Arkham Knight, and it was really fun and unique. An entire sea of poison? That was a cool visual.

Got this game on an impulse, caved after seeing so many people hyped about it. Not a big Marvel fan but I like some of it, rarely play these types of games though. However, I'm having a blast with this game so far. Haven't played it much, at 10% game completion, and I'm still getting used to some of the controls but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's so fun just swinging around the city plus the game looks incredible. Also a fan of the voice actor that does Peter so that's another plus.

It helps that they clearly worked on the camera during web-slinging to make it cinematic as hell. It feels like watching a movie when you're swinging around.

Guest Fight Me.

I'm right there with you. I think it's because moving around the city feels so fun and fluid.

What suit is everyone using? I'm balancing the MCU and the Stealth 'Big Time' Suit.

Been spending time with as many as I can but I really liked the MK ones

I've tried using a different suit for each mission, I love all of them lol.

Finished the pigeons and research stations. So...that makes pigeons, research stations, Black Cat stuff, and backpacks finished for me. Checked the percentage after I quit to the main menu...still only 57%.

This game is huge. Lmao.

Really thought that finishing most of the side stuff would bump that percentage to at least 65%, but I guess there's a lot more that I'm not accounting for. Still need to do the bomb challenges, a lot of the bases, the main story missions, the research in Doc Oct's lab, find the Daily Bugle issues, unlock and upgrade the remaining suits. So...yeah, I guess that's still a lot. :lol:

And yeah...with the suits, I don't keep any particular one for too long. I change them back and forth pretty often. Been using the dark suit for a while now, but I like them all for different reasons. And especially since you can swap the associated powers and aren't forced to use one suit or another for a power that you want. I can keep a power I like and use any of the suits just for appearance. I dig that.

Edited by Generations

Do the optional objectives during missions such as Demon Warehouses count towards completion rate?

Yeah Im pretty sure, but Im speaking as someone who did the warehouses after I finished the story.

I love how JJJ is like this Rush Limbaugh/Alex Jones hybrid of mindbending hilarious nonsense

I switch up the suits, been using the classic (repaired) suit for a bit. But I like all the suits I've unlocked so far.

Right now I'm switching between the Scarlett Spider and Infinity War suits, but I'm still early in the game

Speaking of the city...

They could recycle this exact city for a Punisher or Daredevil game, and I wouldn't give a shit. Obviously they would need to add things like building interiors or mission localities...driving cars and moving on the ground-level for Punisher, etc...but the city is perfect. It is NYC. Slap a fresh coat of paint on it for another franchise, and it's ready to go. Cover it in snow...a Punisher game set during the winter would be perfect.

Really not sure if I'd rather them start working on Spider-Man 2 immediately, or if I'd prefer something like that...Punisher, Daredevil...maybe even a Defenders game. The city is the real star of this game, IMO...has a lot of potential.

Edited by Generations

Okay the locked items on the map were pigeons

Speaking of the city...

They could recycle this exact city for a Punisher or Daredevil game, and I wouldn't give a shit. Obviously they would need to add things like building interiors or mission localities...driving cars and moving on the ground-level for Punisher, etc...but the city is perfect. It is NYC. Slap a fresh coat of paint on it for another franchise, and it's ready to go. Cover it in snow...a Punisher game set during the winter would be perfect.

Really not sure if I'd rather them start working on Spider-Man 2 immediately, or if I'd prefer something like that...Punisher, Daredevil...maybe even a Defenders game. The city is the real star of this game, IMO...has a lot of potential.

I would love if Insomniac partnered with other devs to make a whole Marvel Gaming Universe. Like I would love for that Avengers game to connect with this.

Okay...now I'm at 65%. I said earlier that I thought I would be at 65% from other stuff I did...so now I actually reached that percentage by the end of the day. I can work with that. :lol:

Spider-Man 2099 suit is my new default. As dumb as both the Spiderman and Punisher 2099 arcs were, I did always like the Spidey suit.

Edited by Generations

Might be the quickest I've grinded (ground...? Lol) a video game.

I was worried that I might have to choose between this and Tomb Raider, but I'm actually working at a pace here where I'm likely to be finished by the time TR is out. Helps that the weather has been super shitty lately, and I have had extra free time that I don't normally have.

Have 50% of the trophies, and 69% overall completion.

Just finished...

The last of the Mister Negative missions and locked him up. Now that he's gone, I don't know what the main missions are going to shift to. I know you've got Osborne and Octavius who are both obvious villains, but I don't think they're using either of them for this game just yet. So...yeah, I'm interested to see where the story shifts the next time I play the main missions. Maybe it's one of them...but I feel like this game has done a great job of steering away from the obvious villains and building them for the sequel.

Also, about suit variations...

I just got the Spirit Spider a while back (or, I should say...I unlocked the ability to unlock it). I don't own it yet. But, I've never heard of this variant. I kinda hate it. :lol: BUT...I also browsed through the remaining locked suits online, because I was curious what they could be. And the vintage suit is going to be awesome. I want that right now. Lol.

I intentionally avoided looking up what the suits were, because I wanted to be surprised. I definitely marked a handful of times, but I also dislike quite a few of them. Guessing the classic symbiote suit is being withheld for a DLC pack. Understandable.

Also, the Turf Wars DLC could throw a one-off appearance from Punisher in the game, and I'd be super happy.

Spidey, Daredevil, and Punisher were always overlapping in their vigilantism. It's probably just a turf war with criminal gangs that Spidey needs to breakup...but it could potentially be a turf war between Spidey and other heroes. I know what I'd prefer...that's all I'm saying. :lol:

Edited by Generations

75% for me now.

Just reached the part where all hell breaks loose. I really didn't expect Doc Oct to already be a villain in this game. But, that's fine. Seeing the Sinister Six come together was pretty awesome.

according to the main menu, my save is at 93%

I call shenanigans.

Speaking of shenanigans...

One of my favorite lines from Spidey:

When you complete all of the Fisk hideouts...Wilson calls on the phone. Spidey says something like "This is going to surprise you, Willie...but I was just at one of your construction sites, and I saw a whole bunch of shenanigans of the illegal variety"...or something similar to that. Just the way he delivered it was perfect. :lol:

Edited by Generations