Spider-Man Series (Insomniac/PlayStation)

Jeb ★

And I WANT the Platinum but I don't wanna 100% the game, it'll make me feel like there is nothing more to do. Wish it had a trophy fo beat it on the hardest difficulty, same goes with God of War, which was a shocker

Even when you 100% it, there's still more to do (like gold medaling all the Taskmaster challenges).

And like I said before...no one needs a trophy to beat a game on the hardest difficulty. That's just a personal challenge. You can still do that. You can still feel proud for accomplishing it. But, games don't need trophies or achievements for that. It's something that has always bothered me, tbh...especially for really long games. I'm not going to play a game for 70-80 hours on normal diffculty, then replay it on the hardest level for a trophy. Nah. Might be acceptable if a game has a single player experience that is only 10-15 hours long. But, yeah...not a fan of those types of trophies that feel like they're added just to meet the expectations of hardcore gamers. That's not to say that all of the trophies should be handed to you on a silver platter...challenges are still good. But, the whole "legendary difficulty" achievement is a trope that I hope dies out entirely.

I think games like Spider-Man, or Final Fantasy XV are great examples of trophies/achievements being done 100% perfectly. You complete the main game, then you spend a bit more time grinding certain things so you can get the platinum or 1000G...but it never feels overly tedious. Even killing that giant tortoise in FF was fine for me (6 hours of straight button mashing as it were). But, yeah...no more "replay the game on the difficulty that will make you hate your life" rewards, please...

Edited by Generations

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So last night I wasn't getting any crimes popping up at all after I finished all the side missions. I don't know if it'll happen again when I start it up, but has anyone else had this issue?

I never had them fail to show up entirely...but I did mention a few pages back (when I was going for 100%) that the crimes were taking an annoying amount of time to sniff out when I just wanted to finish them and be done. Basically, just pick a district and swing from end to end...keep pressing R3 (as, that is how you scan for crimes). That's basically the best you can do. Unless it is a proper glitch. In which case, my condolences.

Edited by Generations

Guest Fight Me.

There was one district where I had to scroll down on the check list to see what I was missing. Also, make sure you do the bonus challenges when beating up thugs/sable agents/criminals, etc. There was one district that wouldn't count it unless I did the bonuses.

I keep peeping lists of "the best suits not in Spider-Man game"...

And they keep not mentioning the standard black symbiote suit. I mean...I get it, we know that the symbiote will be in the second game, so, they're probably holding off on adding that suit till then. BUT...I would still be hard-pressed not to mention it if I was making a "best suits not in the game" list. :lol:

I keep peeping lists of "the best suits not in Spider-Man game"...

And they keep not mentioning the standard black symbiote suit. I mean...I get it, we know that the symbiote will be in the second game, so, they're probably holding off on adding that suit till then. BUT...I would still be hard-pressed not to mention it if I was making a "best suits not in the game" list. :lol:

youtuber JorRaptor shows a clip of the devs discussing the black suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGd-RcYxu5I

Patch 1.06 notes:

New Features

-Added the option to invert the camera horizontally

Fixes & Updates
-Addressed an issue where the game could on load of a save game
-Addressed an issue where players could get stuck inside the Empire State Building spire
-Addressed various issues with Research Stations locking incorrectly
-Addressed an issue where puzzles would be locked out in the lab after investigating an audio recorder.
-Addressed a progression stopper when completing Demon Bases and quitting out of the end
-Addressed a progression stopper when knocking Mr. Negative out of the arena during his boss fight.
-Addressed a progression stopper during point launch tutorial
-Further improved stability
-Addressed various UI issues
-Addressed various animation pop issues
-Addressed various additional issues

i never ran into any of those patch issues. the only issue i had was an audio issue...

the part when Spider-Man is surrounded by the five villians then Doc Ock shows up, the audio went out on me and didn't get to hear what he said.

Guest Fight Me.

Only has an audio issue once after I beat the game but still had side stuff to complete, there was no music at all and it felt awkward as hell. Bothered me so much, I had to restart. Crazy how much music adds to things lol.

I think i'm more or less done with the game until the DLC starts flowing and New Game Plus is released. Swinging around is quite relaxing but with 2K19 and RDR2 coming out soon, they'll have my attention.