Spider-Man Series (Insomniac/PlayStation)

Jeb ★

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the secondary objectives for the Fisk sites count towards 100% or platinum?

I'm enjoying the Stealth in this game, really satisfying webbing those goons from above lol. But good lord, those bombs (or whatever they are called) are annoying!

Talking about the grenades? I just throw them back at people

I'm enjoying the Stealth in this game, really satisfying webbing those goons from above lol. But good lord, those bombs (or whatever they are called) are annoying!

Yeah, grenades. Why did I call them bombs? LOL I do throw them back, but it annoys me when I'm fighting a bunch of goons and one goes off, everything goes to shit briefly. But it's nothing major, just an annoyance really.

They count towards platinum afaik, but not 100 percent completion on your save. Edited by Brandon-X

Guest Fight Me.

Question for those past at least act 2:

After act 2, I keep bumping into criminals and sable soldiers literally every other block. Haven't done a mission in a while...do I have to do all of these or nah? Like does it go towards game completion?

Bump lol. I gotta know.

^ If you're talking about the little groups that show up as dots, then...no, you don't need to fight them at all. You need to fight the crimes that appear as a red triangle with an exclamation mark. That's it. Those small groups are just there to be a nuisance. You should largely just ignore them...unless you want to grind XP.

Edited by Generations

Yeah, grenades. Why did I call them bombs? LOL I do throw them back, but it annoys me when I'm fighting a bunch of goons and one goes off, everything goes to shit briefly. But it's nothing major, just an annoyance really.

Yeah they are an annoyance if you don't catch them in time, but they're pretty easy to counter. All the goons take cover when one is thrown, giving you an opening to launch one in their direction

Edited by ArmVD

Speaking of the mandatory crimes for completion...I feel like those used to trigger more frequently when I was doing main missions. Now that I finished the main story, and am at 94%...all I want is to finish the crimes, and they don't show. :lol:

I went a long period where they straight were just not happening but if you restart the game they should start up again.

Also, to my knowledge, Ive done all the research stations, but for some reason the map took some completed ones away for a couple districts and I dont know what to do because the ones I allegedly havent done arent on the map. I hope Im just misunderstanding something and that this isnt a glitch that will keep me from ever reaching 100%

Doubt I'll ever platinum this...just because I don't feel like getting the highest rating on the challenges. I hate some of those challenges, and don't even know how I'd possibly improve my score on them. Like...I felt pretty okay about how I performed in some of those...and then got the bronze medal anyway. And I sat, and thought to myself...how could I have even done that any better if I wanted to? :lol:

Edited by Generations

Doubt I'll ever platinum this...just because I don't feel like getting the highest rating on the challenges. I hate some of those challenges, and don't even know how I'd possibly improve my score on them. Like...I felt pretty okay about how I performed in some of those...and then got the bronze medal anyway. And I sat, and thought to myself...how could I have even done that any better if I wanted to? :lol:

Exactly.

well for example, with the bomb challenges, quick zips and point launches are your friend.

Wait...I just realized that there is no trophy for getting the best score in those challenges. The trophy I was missing was actually "hug it out" for using the sticky bomb to web people together. So....now I have my platinum. :lol: 100%'d this shit and can move onto Tomb Raider tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------

As awesome as this game was, I really would have marked if the credits broke into the animated series theme after the post-credits scene with Miles and Peter. That would have been the final little thing that could have just made me die a happy man. :lol:

Edited by Generations

Funniest Jameson line so far in the game:

Spider-Man has been seen plummeting from great heights, smashing into the ground. I see only one explanation for this. He hates us and wants us to be miserable

Edited by ArmVD

^ I love that they essentially turned Jameson into Alex Jones. One of those little details that shows how well the entire experience was crafted for the modern times.

I think my favorite line of JJJ's was

The one you get after Spider-Man sprays the parks for pigeon flu. He says something about Spider-Man causing chem-trails or something like that. Like I said...shit is just a perfect representation of the far-right conspiracy theorist nuts that we have these days. I find it to be a really clever adaptation of JJJ.