The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detective Pikachu is getting a sequel

So I saw Rocketman this evening, while can't say for sure how historically accurate it is, I can say I enjoyed way more then Bohemian Rhapsody. It really didn't feel like your musical bio film and I enjoyed how they used the music. It has certain element of fantasy to it that works because they didn't go to crazy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Godzilla was so disappointing. I liked the last one and the trailer looked so good for the sequel, but my god everything beyond the visuals just fell totally flat. I was mostly just bored.

Rocketman was good. Sorta falls into a lot of same tired tropes all music biopics fall into, but the musical sequences were all done so creatively. You can tell they put so much more thought into everything than they typically do with biopics. I was pretty much sold by the Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting sequence when I saw all these extras and precise choreography that this was going to be entertaining. Also the ending was so well done. I would have never thought to do something like that, but it worked so well. Almost reminded me of the final episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion weirdly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing that and then imagining they're keeping the musical numbers is kinda painful. And then no Shan Yu bothers me still, but this witch bitch better jump in her damn bag. Mildly interested

I've read that it's based on the original story more than it is on the animated Disney version.

It is indeed.

The Disney version is also incredibly racially insensitive, so they are changing it.