Official WWE Super ShowDown: Saudi Arabia Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@King RyderFan

that was on tv. It's not what they've seen or heard Renee.

and if it was broadcasted in saudi arabia, it could have easily been cut or changed

She was still at ringside, in clear view of those in attendance. Plus, said people in attendance clearly saw the Becky/Ronda hype graphic, how else would they have reacted to it?

bet a $1000 two women in a wrestling match is not bout to convince anybody there to feel any differently about women.

the women would probably be stoned to death during a headlock and the country will probably carry on like nothing happened.

Women get stoned to death in that country for simply existing, but it's okay guys they had a white girl on commentary for some random entertainment show! #progression

Women get stoned to death in that country for simply existing, but it's okay guys they had a white girl on commentary for some random entertainment show! #progression

And in addition to that, lets all not forget that homosexuality is still punishable by death and a journalist critical to Saudi Arabia got murdered on the crown prince's orders most likely

Meh they're locked into a 10 year deal. I'm sure Vince doesn't wanna anger a tyrant.

Remember when WWE specifically asked the president of the United States whether they should keep doing business with terrorists, and the president was like "you do you"? Good times.

ITT: people who dont understand culture changes happen gradually.

By a lot of the logic here; they shouldnt do shows in Africa, or India; or China, or even Mexico... because they all culturally devalue one segment of their population

By a lot of the logic here; they shouldnt do shows in Africa, or India; or China, or even Mexico... because they all culturally devalue one segment of their population

People are literally killed for being different.

It's culturally difference.

It's genocide by law.

No. You're just naive...and, frankly, wrong.

We understand just fine that baby steps are necessary when changing a culture. What you are failing to understand, is that the Saudi government is always going to step out and say "this is how things are, and how things always will be".

If things are ever going to change, it will be a change that comes directly from the mouth of whatever prince or king happens to be at the throne...not because WWE brought wrassling to the desert. This is just a compromise so that Saudi royalty, who are WWE fans can get themselves some live shows, and they can sit front row in big comfy recliners. If allowing Renee Young to be ringside gets them that, then they can all laugh behind closed doors and say "women will have more rights because of WWE". It doesn't make it true.

If the show is even broadcast in SA at all, it will likely be altered so the people watching at home don't even know Renee was there. And the first several rows of ringside seats are all royalty and government personnel. Any "civilians" at the show aren't even going to be close enough to notice that Renee is there. It literally means nothing to them. Like I said...they're probably laughing at the fact that we think it does.

Dude, just *censored*ing stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Culture does change gradually, but whilst the country is still murdering people for being women, being LGBT and speaking out against the government, someone like WWE should not be supporting them and generating them a lot of money by doing shows. WWE should do those shows AFTER Saudi Arabia has stopped with all those evil ideologies and beliefs. Not during. There is no god damn excuse for it. WWE are directly (literally directly) supporting them.

I'd say this is almost comparable to if Sony found out that Saddam Hussein liked Playstation, so they sent him a bunch of consoles and games, and said "We at Playstation feel that video games have the power to change the world and make people love each other." People would be smashing their consoles in the street, and Sony would fold in about a week. WWE is just a strange creature. It makes sense that Vince is close friends with Donald Trump...because the two of them can literally get away with murder, apparently. They both know the art of bullshit. They're glorified carnies.

Also, I reckon that each time WWE goes back to Saudi Arabia, they raise the risk of something truly terrible happening. Even if the WWE product seemingly has the government's stamp of approval, you have that entire culture who thinks differently. I hate the fact that there's always this tension when they go there...like, will all the performers make it back safely this time? Kinda waiting for the inevitable Bruiser Brody moment to happen.

Didn't Cena just outright refuse to work last year's Saudi event? I know most of their roster can't get away with doing the same but I expect the ones that can to do the noble thing. It's immoral to the very core.

Yup. Big names have the luxury of saying they don't want to go because they know they have job security. "Lesser" workers are basically forced. Hey...maybe Luke Harper can get out of his contract if he tells them to shove off. :lol:

I'm just so annoyed that the reason they have pay per views here is just to get their cash grab. Plus, they killed Backlash JUST for this Saudi Arabia crap.

Archived