jl3sbHK.jpg

NXT Tag Team Championship Match

Ladder Match

The Authors of Pain © vs. #DIY

yLzQAKT.jpg

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going, and I'm pumped. 2nd TakeOver show for me to attend live, lesss gooooo

I was hoping we'd get Roode defending against Hideo and McIntyre, but a possible singles with Hideo sounds fun enough. Hope the latter gets a good match up with someone like Strong or Black.

Thanks lol.

I wonder what non-title matches we might see on this card? I'm not sure if I want Drew vs. the loser of Roddy/Hideo next week, or Drew vs. Ohno, or those three against Sanity. I also hope Black gets another real opponent by then, maybe even against someone from the UK tourney. Speaking of which, how would everyone feel about the UK Championship being defended at every Takeover until they get their own show? Adding another title match to these things would really make things feel a bit more special, Bate and Gallagher would've been sick at a Takeover.

That would be cool. Should have had Dunne attack him after the match with Jack.

Kind of sucks that only two of the Takeover matches will have build. But then again, there's still 2 weeks. Unless they announced it on NXT and I missed it, the wikipedia page contains a spoiler about the tag title match.

I feel like the NXT title match will end up being a Triple Threat match for the first time(?), which I wouldn't mind. Can't see Itami or Roddy taking a loss, so I'm curious to see how the result will go down if it does happen.

As for guys like Drew, Ohno, Black and Almas, I can see either Ohno or Drew headlining on SummerSlam weekend - or possibly together. I'll only want to see those two or Black face one another if it's a N1C match at the least.

Any combination of Roddy, Black, Ohno, McIntyre, Almas and Itami facing one another makes for some really cool match-ups to look forward to.

Same tbh. I don't really care if Ohno makes it onto the card or not.

I think my ideal card based off the last few episodes would be something like:

NXT Championship

Bobby Roode vs Hideo Itami vs Roderick Strong

NXT Womens Championship

Asuka vs Ember Moon vs Ruby Riot vs Nikki Cross

NXT Tag Team Championship

Authors of Pain vs Heavy Machinery

#DIY vs Sanity

Number One Contenders Match

Drew McIntyre vs Alister Black

And on the accompanying episode

Liv Morgan, Candice Lerae & Bianca Blair vs Billie Kay, Peyton Royce & Lacey Evans

Oney Lorcan vs Buddy Murphy (Murphy's return)

Cien Almas vs Kassius Ohno

I haven't read the spoilers, so I have no idea. But their promo this week made me think that Heavy Machinery were challenging for the belts next. I got the vibe that because #DIY have a legitimate claim to a rematch, something would get in the way for them to overcome before getting their match, which would lead to an AoP vs Machinery match until DIY get their rematch at the next TakeOver.

Thanks lol.

I wonder what non-title matches we might see on this card? I'm not sure if I want Drew vs. the loser of Roddy/Hideo next week, or Drew vs. Ohno, or those three against Sanity. I also hope Black gets another real opponent by then, maybe even against someone from the UK tourney. Speaking of which, how would everyone feel about the UK Championship being defended at every Takeover until they get their own show? Adding another title match to these things would really make things feel a bit more special, Bate and Gallagher would've been sick at a Takeover.

Love it.

Thanks lol.

YF3BQMjm.jpg

Archived