Anybody ever been ripped off by Gamestop?

MachoMadness

Yeah. The first time I ever owned God of War it didn't work and I took it back right away. They told me that it was in no way shape or form the games fault, but it was my console, which has never had a single problem playing any game unless it's beat the f*ck up. And that copy of GOW had two big scratches through the middle. They gave me a full refund, and I ended up using it to buy a few movies.

I ended up buying GOW last (I bought it the first time in 2011) from Half Price Books and it worked like a charm. But yeah, that's my Gamestop story.

I don't do business with them. I sold a shit ton of games there when I was about 15. Probably had around 100 games...PS1, PS2, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, etc...and I think they gave me about $80 all together...which is obviously a terrible deal, but I was desperate for money (didn't have a job yet), so I did it. I never shop there either. I bought Pokemon White 2 there a few months back, but it was only because I went to Walmart and their case wouldn't unlock. I couldn't order from Amazon (which is what I would normally do), because I didn't have electricity from Hurricane Sandy. It was a giant clusterf**k, but anyway...that was probably the first purchase I made at Gamestop in a decade...and I plan on it being my last.

No, but I've been consistantly unimpressed by what they've offered me for the games I've considered trading in (they either offered a miniscule amount of in-store credit or chump change, so I just kept my games). Only reason I go to that pissant store is when Nintendo is doing a Pokemon distribution. Otherwise, I avoid them and just go to Toys 'R Us or Best Buy.

Whenever I try to sell a game there I feel ripped off. I remember going in to sell SF4 to get the upcoming SSF4 thinking I was gonna get at least 15 dollars and all they were gonna give me was $4. They're a lot like a pawn shop, they try to give you as little as possible so they can make the biggest profit even if your game is worth more.

I assume GAME is the same. When I pre-ordered SvR 2010, they didn't give me my Pre-Order Bonus. They also overcharge for some Games. When I bought two PS1 Games like five years ago I had to pay like £20. I paied it though because I wanted those two games.

I assume GAME is the same. When I pre-ordered SvR 2010, they didn't give me my Pre-Order Bonus. They also overcharge for some Games. When I bought two PS1 Games like five years ago I had to pay like £20. I paied it though because I wanted those two games.

Kinda off the main subject but I remember K-Mart a few years ago, well like 6 or 8 years ago was a rip-off because they were charging $50-60 for brand new, unopened SNES games and a few original NES games. Some stores don't really realize that as popular as some games and the consoles are, they do go down in price considerably, especially as new systems come out.

Try eBay for old PS games.

Archived