General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max Payne 1+2 are still amazing games that succeed at what they set out for...so they don't really "need" remakes. However, I have never been of the camp that views remakes as a bad thing. In no way will the new ones tarnish the old ones or take away what as great about them. So, I am fully onboard with this. Also, it is always possible that remaking 1 and 2 is a way of tidying up loose ends and making the overall story more cohesive for a proper sequel. Hell...I still say that they should retcon Max Payne into the world of 'Control' and 'Alan Wake'. If this is that...then, hell yeah! My guess is that Alan Wake 2 has Max Payne story elements...and then the remakes of Max Payne will release to coincide with that.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering about the DLC for RE8. Giving Capcom's lack of news as of late, I wonder if they're having issues.

It was announced last June during E3. Capcom hasn't really hinted anything about the development since that time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, Creepy Bro said:

Rejoice! My copy of Evil Dead has shipped from a USPS facility... woo

Allegedly gonna be delivered today, but I've been burned by the USPS tracking system before, so yeah...

• 1 month later...

Bethesda/Xbox showcase has been generally meh. Only a couple of things I have any interest in...helicopters added to Flight Sim. Forza Horizons getting another Hot Wheels expansion. And, uh...I guess Starfield will be cool if it ever comes out. Pretty weak showing, though.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably more lies. 😒

People have been saying for over 2 years in a row, that the Silent Hill franchise is returning. Yet nothing becomes of these stories.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/silent-hill-konami-new-game-teaser-trailer/

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:10 AM, Generations said:

Every time I see a game with interesting aesthetic/design choices it ends up being some Souls-like that I have no interest in playing. 😑

Not that I have an issue with someone not liking soulslikes, im certainly able to recognize that its not for everyone; but do you mind if I ask what about them you're not a fan of? Just curious, wanna know if its the same reasons as my best friend.

8 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Regarding Saints Row, play or pass? Was thinking about buying it way later, but these reviews got me leaning toward pass

Can't say I've play it myself, but the same happened with me as far as reviews. Everybody has been devouring this game with negative takes. But I've been watching a playthrough and I'm gradually wishing I had my own hands on it. I was gonna pick it up much later as well, Black Friday at earliest, because I don't do day 1/full price games anymore.

It seems like it does a little too much to be something a little different while trying to pulling in the SW 1+2 crowd and the 3+4/Gat crowd and it loses alot of its identity in the process. Watching the playthrough makes me think that alot of these reviews are nostalgia based. You got people basically hating on it BECAUSE it's different but it's SR at its core. It's ridiculous scenarios, outrageous characters, frantic combat, hit or miss dialogue, and a huge emphasis on customization. What else is SR really? I never got to play 1, but I don't know how many people were truly on board with the series before 2. If Volition/Embracer doesn't give up on this, the second game in the reboot series would probably come out way better and win bad some of the folks who dropped off. After Agents of Mayhem and now this, there may not be room for a third *Censored* up. Embracer's stock has been dippin cause of it so...

On 8/24/2022 at 12:11 AM, WNX said:

Can't say I've play it myself, but the same happened with me as far as reviews. Everybody has been devouring this game with negative takes. But I've been watching a playthrough and I'm gradually wishing I had my own hands on it. I was gonna pick it up much later as well, Black Friday at earliest, because I don't do day 1/full price games anymore.

It seems like it does a little too much to be something a little different while trying to pulling in the SW 1+2 crowd and the 3+4/Gat crowd and it loses alot of its identity in the process. Watching the playthrough makes me think that alot of these reviews are nostalgia based. You got people basically hating on it BECAUSE it's different but it's SR at its core. It's ridiculous scenarios, outrageous characters, frantic combat, hit or miss dialogue, and a huge emphasis on customization. What else is SR really? I never got to play 1, but I don't know how many people were truly on board with the series before 2. If Volition/Embracer doesn't give up on this, the second game in the reboot series would probably come out way better and win bad some of the folks who dropped off. After Agents of Mayhem and now this, there may not be room for a third *Censored* up. Embracer's stock has been dippin cause of it so...

Yeah I watched some of a walkthrough yesterday and the game lowkey looks fun tbr

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/08/23/saints-row-is-actually-better-than-youve-heard-for-saints-row-fans/

That article is closer to how I feel at the moment, considering not having play it, nor Agents of Mayhem. It talks slightly about a possible mission spoiler so of you're not into that or haven't gotten to that part yet then maybe duck it, but that mission in particular I just watched last night and it made me appreciate what the devs are doing that much more. It's fun, it's ridiculous, and it show a level of detail they didn't have to include

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, Silent Hill is being revived. Many screenshots have appeared online recently. It's kind of hard to say if they are genuine. However, hearsay like this has been a chore to put up with over the last few years.

Somebody online always claims to be a leaker or something, only for the rumour mill to dry up. Sooner or later, yet another insider claims to know something.

It's interesting, though. And it goes to show people still care deeply about Konami bringing back their flagship franchises. Even if, yes, they did screw over workers in prior years.