General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I'm not sure if this is the right post but I'm kinda hoping someone can advise.

I have a ps4, looking to get a 5. If I get a disc version do I need to rebuy the games? Or if I get a digital version would my games be saved in my library? I do only play fifa and wwe 2k23 so any help would be appreciated 

^ You will need to reinstall them on the new system...but, you won't need to buy physical copies. - If you were buying a digital-only system, and your games were all physical, then you would have a problem. But, if you plan to buy a disc-based system, you will still have access to all the digital games that are tied to your account. 

Physical systems are not "physical-only"...they still have access to digital content. - So, it only works the opposite way. Digital-only systems cannot play discs (obviously). Systems with disc drives can play everything.

Edited by Generations

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Senex Beast said:

Finally going to get to play Starfield today after 7pm. Looking very forward to creating my character and exploring that universe. Kinda going in blind because I have seen a bit of screenshots and videos but not a whole lot and so hopefully will be pleasantly surprised!

Prepare to be playing it....a lot lol. I have played it for 6 hours earlier. and will play another 5 later. This game is the most I've played since New Vegas. I love it!

1 minute ago, Graeme Jones said:

Well....had my first crash in Starfield. Been almost a week so that is a major improvement. It seems to be isolated though as have done a lot of testing.

I have still had nothing. Nor a single bug. Worst thing has been momentarily getting boxed into a corner by an NPC...but I've always been able to force my way through. Definitely no crashes, freezes, clipping, or anything else.

Just now, Generations said:

I have still had nothing. Nor a single bug. Worst thing has been momentarily getting boxed into a corner by an NPC...but I've always been able to force my way through. Definitely no crashes, freezes, clipping, or anything else.

The crash wasn't a huge issue really, as it didn't affect progress. Was a grav jump crash. But yeah, they've done an exceptional job testing this game.

Really makes the low reviews that much more annoying to me...

Bethesda made what is basically a flawless game, tbh...and it gets rated 7/10 by review snobs at IGN and Gamespot because they're salty about it being exclusive. I mean...the same guy from IGN rated Fallout 4 a 9.5/10. Dan [something] was his name...can't remember. But, it was the same guy. - I played Fallout 4. I don't think anything about Fallout 4 puts it 2.5 points above Starfield.

I know it means nothing at the end of the day. Hell, even IGN branches in places like Japan, Brasil, and Spain gave Starfield 10/10...it's just sad to see such a blatantly personal approach to reviews. 

Edited by Generations

3 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

It would appear that Starfield on PC is buggy. Laughable considering the Xbox Series X version is pretty much flawless. 

Tbf, I'm sure almost everyone who plays on PC is probably using mods for one thing or another...so, it might be hard to tell what is a problem with the base game, and what is an unexpected side effect of playing with the code.

I'm playing on pc, no mods yet as I like to do my first playthrough modless.

There are bugs but they're mostly small nothing issues. There are two bugs though that are an actual problem. One being doors and elevators just.. stop working. Another is a specific main quest reset all player homes and anything stored inside them are lost.

Also performance is.. an issue.

Edited by CROSS-Out

I've only experienced two bugs on Xbox...and they both resolved themselves fairly easily.

First one was a mission that I was doing where there is a cutscene, then a battle on neutral ground, then another cutscene...and then you are supposed to resume a period of calm where you continue the next part of the mission in the town...but for whatever reason, I killed the enemies, did the cutscene, then it was calm for about 5 seconds, and then the entire settlement turned on me for no reason. I did nothing. Literally loaded again and it worked fine the second time. 

Other bug was that I boarded my spaceship and couldn't move. Character just t-posed at the entrance. I reloaded, but it had recently autosaved. I tried to fast travel and couldn't. I reloaded again and was still stuck. I tried to fast travel again and this time I got lucky and could do so. - This was almost a game breaking bug, tbh. I got lucky that it worked out. (I do have backup saves...but I didn't want to lose recent progress).

Edited by Generations

Playing Borderlands 3 and this drops for me at lvl 12.

Feels like I'll never be able to use it. Tempted to just sell it.

EDIT: I realized this must have been from the anniversary event code, not in the pile dropped by Captain Traunt. I stashed it in the bank for later.

image.thumb.png.3bdc17164c346326946bb2dd97465120.png

Edited by Fry420x

I understand why people like those games...but I hate the pattern I see. It happened with Friday the 13th and it's happening to Evil Dead. It will probably happen to Texas Chainsaw and the upcoming Killer Clowns game. I don't play these kinds of games...but my friends all do. The pattern is a concerning one. I don't know how to support something that you know will be killed off entirely in a few short years.

It could be argued that support ends for all games eventually...but these ones really feel different with how quickly and deliberately it always happens due to studio rights or whatever. I heard that the Avengers game is being delisted also. Never heard many good things about that one. But, still...a whole lot of games under the umbrella of large franchises that go belly-up in a flash.

Speaking of the latter...Avengers is on sale for -90% ($3.99 before tax) for the definitive edition with all the add-ons. Again...I never really heard good things about that game...but it seems like a good deal anyway. 

Edited by Generations