General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I know I'm probably the only one on here that cares about this but still..

tenor.gif

i’m halfway interested. i wonder if they’ll still do the mini-campaigns since this takes place in the future. if i can get a nice 10+ hour single story campaign then i may give it a shot.

23 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

Curious why’ve yet to see any Tenchu remakes or remasters or a sequel. Miss those experiences. Would love a new generation version of it so to speak. 

Well Sekiro started life as a Tenchu game and was changed into its own IP about a third of the way through development.

Just now, The Nerd said:

Is it worth a pick up or download? I’ll gladly play it. 

That depends what you're looking for. It has a lot of souls-like elements to it, and can be frustratingly difficult if it doesn't "click" for you. I personally love it, its one of my favourite games of all time, but i'm also a huge souls and FromSoft fan.

7 minutes ago, Generations said:

Aragami is honestly the closest thing to Tenchu that has been put out, IMO. 

I honestly don't know why no official game has been developed, though.

would you recommend Aragami? nobody talks about it but it looks interesting 

completely unrelated but idk where else to put it: can we get a general wrestling discussion section somewhere on this board?

Anyway...there are so few "gamer" streamers that I actually appreciate. Come to find out that Maxmillian Dood is definitely one of them. First caught onto him by watching his Resident Evil Village playthrough, which was great. But, I've come to appreciate just how much of a chill and grounded dude he is. Definitely a nice change of pace from most of the gaming community.

6 minutes ago, EJ! said:

would you recommend Aragami? nobody talks about it but it looks interesting 

completely unrelated but idk where else to put it: can we get a general wrestling discussion section somewhere on this board?

I'd recommend it, yeah. It's not even particularly expensive these days (not sure if it ever was). It definitely has a Tenchu vibe to it (and some of its own mechanics as well). I wouldn't expect to be floored by it...but, if you are familiar with Tenchu, then you will definitely have some degree of love for the way that it plays. And, I don't know...if you aren't familiar with Tenchu, then that might even make it better, because you wouldn't be comparing it to anything.

Edited by Generations

13 hours ago, Generations said:

Anyway...there are so few "gamer" streamers that I actually appreciate. Come to find out that Maxmillian Dood is definitely one of them. First caught onto him by watching his Resident Evil Village playthrough, which was great. But, I've come to appreciate just how much of a chill and grounded dude he is. Definitely a nice change of pace from most of the gaming community.

He’s definitely a breath of fresh air. 

On 6/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, Generations said:

I'm assuming this is a defense for fighting game difficulty since that's kinda been his stance for years. In which case, I agree. People who want to learn a game are gonna learn it regardless and the people who don't won't learn no matter how much you dumb it down. Personally, I'm a selfish asshole who couldn't care less about casuals or growing the scene or any of that. I just want something I enjoy.

I'm a casual player and suck at fighting games and shooters but they're actually my favorite gaming genres. I love them just the way they have always been and don't need them to be dumbed down to cater to me. I try my best and that's enough for me! I don't play fighting games online except wrestling (which I am good at)so my humiliation isn't showcased like it is for shooters online but I always have a ton of fun and am thrilled if I'm at least not always in last place.

As for Maxmillian Dood, I for one have never liked him but they are way worse gamer streamers/youtubers. He's tolerable and so he's fine

2 hours ago, Generations said:

He's not talking about dumbing down fighters, or making them easier. He's just talking about players not being assholes to other players who aren't as good as they are. 

Well to be fair, it's a conversation he's had a lot. As for the casuals thing, yeah it basically just boils down to don't be an asshole. Everyone starts off bad. They'll get better eventually if they care enough. That being said, if you go on bitching and making excuses and just generally acting like  scrub, you deserve to get clowned. Also, the reverse applies too. Ever since SFV released and that whole shitshow went down, I've been seeing an increase in...I guess you could call it anti-competitive mentality. Even longer if you include Smash. Personally, I'm not competitive either, but it does get annoying seeing it all the time and seeing people act as if "fun" isn't completely subjective.

I also find the people who brag about how they're bad at fighting game and don't care about getting good or playing other people and so on to be really insufferable.

To go back to the whole fighting game difficulty thing, I don't mind simple games existing as a whole, but I do hate the recent trend of dumbing existing franchises down. Also just the fact that it feels like pretty much every fighting game is being simplified now, especially the big ones. Some people like harder games, but it feels like those people are being left behind and if they try to vent, they just get dogpiled and accused of gatekeeping and told to deal with it or stick to old stuff and I hate it. 

Edited by God of Lightning