General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fi Rush was the most fun I've had playing any game in a while. Great gameplay, great soundtrack, great concept for a game in general. Story was the weakest part...but it was always secondary to everything else anyway. Honestly, can't wait to see what they do with the sequel. (I predict it will be similar to the jump between Guitar Hero 1 and 2, where artists all wanted their tracks in the game once they saw what the vision was.). - Also, really want to see an anime adapted for one of the streaming services...because the animation in the cutscenes is gorgeous as well. Just a great throwback to being a kid for me. A rhythm game that felt like watching Saturday morning cartoons.

Gotta say...the Nintendo Direct surprised me. I got used to them pretty much being a waste of time. - Finally adding GB and GBA to the Switch Online service is great. Although the titles the chose to add are nothing special, IMO. Hopefully Pokemon eventually makes the list (and not just TCG). Other than that...I will eventually get the Metroid Prime remaster, and the We Love Katamari remaster. And Baten Kaitos 1&2 remaster has been a long time overdue. I loved Baten Kaitos as a kid, and I didn't even know there was a second one. Lots of great stuff today.

Nintendo showing their greed yet again here, instead of packaging the 3 remasters as one release for £60 they'll sell it to you for £35 a piece. 

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a good remaster but their pricing is shameful considering they're old games, it was the same with Skyward Sword. 

Again, cool they're releasing gameboy support but in typical Nintendo fashion. They will drip feed you content, then eventually resell you that content when they release the next one. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Kman

^ Speaking of Nintendo's greed...yeah, they're also doing that with Tears of the Kingdom

PS5 and Series X got heat for having $69.99 games, but at least they had the scapegoat of modern hardware to attempt to justify it. Nintendo charging $70 for a Switch game is nothing short of "We know everyone wants this game". - There is nothing about Switch's capabilities or the development process that justifies a higher price. Yeah...the development probably took longer than expected. (People had to work long hours, etc). None of that is an excuse to charge players more. It shouldn't be on us to cover additional costs that may have risen in the process. Not to mention, everyone knows the game will sell like hotcakes anyway. I'm sure a standard price of $59.99 would have done just fine at returning profits.

Edited by Generations

I love Nintendo but man, they are SO anti consumer. They seem to just get a pass where other companies would be dragged through the coals. Everything seems so minimal, their online infrastructure is bare bones, their back catalog is mostly neglected or resold to you time and time again and at ludicrous price points.

You can't deny the quality of the titles they release but they definitely seem to coast on the fact they're Nintendo.  

Edited by Kman

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, First Aid Kit said:

Who will be playing the RE4 remake today? 

🙃

By the way, your emojis have clipping.

I have never played a horror game in my life so today RE 4 remake was my first experience, I have been playing it since this morning and it's all I can think about

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 8:54 AM, Generations said:

Does it really matter what it looks like, if it's fun?

The MDickie games look like trash too...but they're always pretty entertaining for what they are.

It matters a little because if it looks like trash then it has to play better than older games to compensate; or else i'd rather just go back and play those old games. I probably should have included that in the first post I guess.

15 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

It matters a little because if it looks like trash then it has to play better than older games to compensate; or else i'd rather just go back and play those old games. I probably should have included that in the first post I guess.

How does UPW look like trash? It has a very distinct art style to it abut it doesn't look bad. It definitely does not look anything like a "realistic looking" WWE game but it looked smooth gameplay wise in the video.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:38 PM, maskedmaniac said:

How does UPW look like trash? It has a very distinct art style to it abut it doesn't look bad. It definitely does not look anything like a "realistic looking" WWE game but it looked smooth gameplay wise in the video.

Like I said, I don't see a distinct art style, I just see low quality. Like something you'd see on the 3ds. I wouldn't mind that but you have to have better qualities to compensate, that's all.