Official Backlash Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I totally get what's going on, I wasn't bothered by the SD Tag match at Mania either. But I think that's the point, it's gotten to the stage where their matches are skippable because you know what's gonna happen. I barely remember the match at Mania and I skipped the one at GRR cos I knew exactly what those matches were gonna be (and from what I've read, I was right).

This is my point of view as well. It's not bad booking as far as establishing them as THE dominant team, but it makes their matches pretty dull.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How else would you book them as THE dominant team though? Exercise it by showing it in their first set of matches, have them capture titles and then boom, you can let them have longer and more meaningful matches as they seek to defend them during their reign.

It's just the start of them being SDL's top team, I'm sure it'll progress.

You're not wrong Creep. It's not bad booking having them destroy Uso's or New Day, it just makes for dry matches. For now. I'm sure once they find a perfect rival team (Sanity possibly) we'll be getting some great wars, but for now...their segments are pretty skippable.

Yeah you're probably right Creep. But for me, it's been the same stuff since they debuted which was like 6 months ago. It might be the easiest way to build them up as a monster heel tag team, but it ends up not being entertaining for me. Also in regards to their matches with The Usos, I was expecting similar quality to their matches back in 2013(?) (not necessarily the same style, just the quality), but instead we got squashes. And New Day are so good as well so I was expected good things between the two teams but that didn't happen either (although I don't recall seeing a 2-on-2 match with them). I'm sure the matches will get better with time, but I'll most likely be skipping them until then.

Hope they introduce a new stage design for PPVs since they're all gonna be co-branded moving forward. Cause it's gonna be hella weird if they all just use the SD set for every PPV like the Big Four (minus Mania) do now lol.

I hope to god nL Discord this show. Just to make it less boring.

I doubt it. They didnt even do the GRR.

Pretty sure that's because it was a 6 hour show during the daytime on a Friday.

Archived