WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

Ernez

Man, I remember when Nia was popular before she debuted on the main show, or at least, when she was talked about positively whenever she was compared to Tamina. Now, she's criticized and hated as much or almost as much as Tamina is, if not more. Amusing.

But I'm excited for the EC tonight. HOpefully we see some cool spots.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember the specifics, but she was usually talked about positively to shit on Tamina, that much I do remember. She also wasn't hated to this extent either before her debut. I'm talking about this forum though, as I have no idea how popular she was in NXT.

I'm sure most people were expecting and wanting Nia Jax to have a similar character and personality like Awesome Kong or Havok; super menacing with some sort of mystique to her. I don't think Nia has any of those qualities. She's just some Valley chick who just so happens to be big and powerful, oh well.

Interested to hear you guys' thoughts on this:

If Asuka opts to face Charlotte, she moves to Smackdown and it's very much likely wins the title at WrestleMania and stays undefeated. But Carmella still hasn't cashed in and, assuming they don't have her fail in her attempt when she eventually does, can anyone actually see her successfully cashing in on Asuka? That would end her long ass streak in the craziest way possible and Carmella isn't that big a name either. I'm just struggling to see how Carmella becomes Women's Champion if Asuka chooses Charlotte as her opponent. Unless they do an angle where Asuka is forced to vacate the title due to injury for the sole purpose that Carmella can then feasibly cash-in on whoever becomes the next champion.

If Asuka opts to face Charlotte, she moves to Smackdown and it's very much likely wins the title at WrestleMania and stays undefeated. But Carmella still hasn't cashed in and, assuming they don't have her fail in her attempt when she eventually does, can anyone actually see her successfully cashing in on Asuka? That would end her long ass streak in the craziest way possible and Carmella isn't that big a name either. I'm just struggling to see how Carmella becomes Women's Champion if Asuka chooses Charlotte as her opponent. Unless they do an angle where Asuka is forced to vacate the title due to injury for the sole purpose that Carmella can then feasibly cash-in on whoever becomes the next champion.

Well...they could always have Carmella fail her cash-in.

Or, instead of having Asuka being injured, Carmella is the one on the shelf, actively missing her cash-in window.

I think that if Asuka does beat Charlotte at WrestleMania, Carmella will get drafted to Raw and successfully cash-in on their champion, or maybe there'll be a WrestleMania 31 situation but either way, I don't think Carmella is ending Asuka's streak.

Didn't think about that. Can actually see that happening.

Well...they could always have Carmella fail her cash-in.

Or, instead of having Asuka being injured, Carmella is the one on the shelf, actively missing her cash-in window.

They could but it would be pretty pointless after having her hold on to the briefcase for what's gonna be over 9 months. Not to mention, the last cash-in attempt (from Corbin) was unsuccessful too and she won it in the FIRST EVA Women's Money In The Bank match, so I doubt they'd have her fail.

TBH, Im for Carmella being the one to knock off Askua, it could be the step she needs to truly get on that top of the division level. Add in the fact that Asukas only quite-on-quote loss was in a battle royal won by the Princess of Staten Island, as well as the fact that the only other time they were opponents was in the Rumble this year where Asuka did not eliminate Carmella on her road to victory and there is a case for it. However, I wouldnt have Carmella do it via Money in the Bank. Id have her pull a Rollins and cash in during Charlotte/Asuka and have Asuka win by pinning Charlotte. Over the next few months Asuka would then beat everyone but Carmella, until SummerSlam, where the two face off and Mella gets the W.

No Carmella should not knock off Asuka. Asuka could eventually lose the title in a triple threat/fatal four way without being pinned and Carmella could cash in on whoever that is. Or Carmella can get drafted to RAW and cash in on whoever is champion there.

Carmella is not big enough or good enough to break Asuka's streak. It would be a dumb idea.

Archived