How "recent" will the roster be?

No it's bollox. Especially as they use platform of prior game and moves etc. It's like they're going on that they have to re record every move each year.. And every wrestler.

Add more to the out of dateness. Now titles, template arena, ppvs, along with the rest.

Genuinely need to rename it. It's barely gonna be in date with 2016 let alone 2017.. Lol.

It's like FIFA 17, being a Autumn 2015 leagues and roster.. Fake advertisement lol.

And if they took less time doing that stupid one play value showcase bollox, game would be 100x better..

There were like more than 1,000 new animations in WWE 2k16. Obviously they don't have to create everyone every year from scratch. That's why the roster is so big. But it's still alot new poeple/new models every year. It's tons of work.

And it's not fake advertisment. FIFA 17 is the game you gonna play in 2017. Would be weird releasing FIFA 15 just before the year 2017. And to my knowledge there are frequent updates for leagues and roster for FIFA anyway.

Things will ALWAYS change. Gaming companies can't look into the future and things still need to be created, which takes up time and ressources. You can't just scrap ideas/development three months before the game goes gold, because something changed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish WWE will do what NBA does with their new logos. At least give 2K the new assets like new logo and graphics early. For sure WWE has already created the logos for RAW and SD months before the draft. I can live with the outdated arenas since we could recreate it using the Create an arena. But seeing the old nameplates and logos while playing just makes me feel the game is not fresh even though it is a new game.

I just wish WWE will do what NBA does with their new logos. At least give 2K the new assets like new logo and graphics early. For sure WWE has already created the logos for RAW and SD months before the draft. I can live with the outdated arenas since we could recreate it using the Create an arena. But seeing the old nameplates and logos while playing just makes me feel the game is not fresh even though it is a new game.

Yeah exactly. And the fact, career mode is going to be so *censored*ing outdated, because you can't edit anything on it.. Where you should be able to edit title divisions, add tag teams, change default arenas, change default attires for wrestlers etc.. Even if they don't want to use caws, should still be able to add new tags teams..

You can't compare FIFA to WWE. FIFA is just moving players to different squads each week. WWE could probably do the same by tweaking overalls, or changing a roster they're on over the year/who has what title belt, that's what you'd compare it to. Most FIFA players are actually just default templates.

This is an awful lot of debate for pure speculation. None of us really know what all is going to be in the game. Maybe this year they got the new logos early. Maybe they didn't. Maybe they will release a DLC pack to help update the roster. Maybe they won't. The fact is that everyone here is going to dish out the money for the game. If you don't like the job that 2K is doing then do not buy the game. Simple as that. For me I am happy there is a wrestling game out there that allows me so much creativity. I spend more time playing the creation modes and building my own fed that I don't even care who is or isn't in the game. I probably play 95% with created characters. Considering this site was built around the concept of CAWs, I wouldn't be surprised if most on this forum does the exact same thing.

Can see the NXT roster being quite recent on disk, maybe as late as the end of May for the NXT section of My Career. Would be great if they had the most recent Takeover arena in there since the set is the same as Respect.

You can't compare FIFA to WWE. FIFA is just moving players to different squads each week. WWE could probably do the same by tweaking overalls, or changing a roster they're on over the year/who has what title belt, that's what you'd compare it to. Most FIFA players are actually just default templates.

Yeap its garbage in that term of things.

Can see the NXT roster being quite recent on disk, maybe as late as the end of May for the NXT section of My Career. Would be great if they had the most recent Takeover arena in there since the set is the same as Respect.

Other than Nakamura, Jax, and Crews not being there... sure.

They're on disc though

They're on disc though

On disc, but hidden behind a paywall...

They're on disc though

On disc nonetheless.

They're on disc though

On disc nonetheless.

*eye roll*

Default roster attire wise will mostly be based between October to as late as Mania (hence Taker last year). The latest acquisitions will be AJ Styles and Nakamura but people who've been cut, like Ryback, Stardust, Barrett, etc... will still be in the game I believe.

So yeah, essentially the roster as current as April.

Default roster attire wise will mostly be based between October to as late as Mania (hence Taker last year). The latest acquisitions will be AJ Styles and Nakamura but people who've been cut, like Ryback, Stardust, Barrett, etc... will still be in the game I believe.

The way rhodes went out I dont see stardust being kept in.

Ryback's been vocal against them too so possibly he was cut also.

True, Rhodes and Ryback both left WWE on bad terms... Barrett I think too. I definitely could see Gallows and Anderson make it though.

Cody signed a legend deal with WWE

Cody signed a legend deal with WWE

Good to know!!

Superstars who are almost guaranteed not to be in, in my opinion include the following, most because they debuted too late or aren't well known:

Andrade "Cien" Almas

Angelo Dawkins

Authors of Pain

Elias Samson

Johnny Gargano

Nick Miller

No Way Jose

Sawyer Fulton

Shane Thorn

Shelton Benjamin (Unless there's a Brock Lesnar Showcase that'll include him)

Tommaso Ciampa

Superstars who are almost guaranteed not to be in, in my opinion include the following, most because they debuted too late or aren't well known:

Andrade "Cien" Almas

Angelo Dawkins

Authors of Pain

Elias Samson

Johnny Gargano

Nick Miller

No Way Jose

Sawyer Fulton

Shane Thorn

Shelton Benjamin (Unless there's a Brock Lesnar Showcase that'll include him)

Tommaso Ciampa

Sincerely hoping that you're wrong on the NWJ omission from the game...

Archived