Tell us the good stuff going on right now in your life

AlterNation

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say Anything/Mewithoutyou/Teen Suicide/Museum Mouth was *censored*ing amazing. I always love seeing Say Anything, they're my favorite band, but this was a lot more special than the last time I saw them. Last time I saw them I went with a friend and spent the whole show in the pit, which was fun, but not as fun as being right at the baricade with my girlfriend like I was this time. There were no gap/guards between the stage and the baricade either so me and my girlfriend were insanely close. During "Six Six Six" I was singing super *censored*ing loud and Max started looking over at me and my gf, and then he put the mic in our face and had us sing part of bridge. He came up right up to us several times. Almost accidently broke my girlfriend's new glasses. It was just a super special night for me since I've idolized Max since I was 14, his music has helped me through basically all the adolescent rough patches I've had. Left with a signed album from him.

Also accidently had a conversation with the guys from Museum Mouth before the show. I thought they were just merch guys. They started a conversation with me cause I was wearing a Diet Cig shirt and they were talking about how the knew the band. So we chit chatted for a few minutes, then 20 minutes later they were on stage. Oops.

Got praised by my supervisor for my quick progress and quality despite not even been there for three weeks yet.

thats great, man. just remember to keep your head down and you might get promoted or at least get a raise :)

i'm about to go out of town for 2 or 3 days. i kinda get excited as this will be my first time air travelling without company lol. i dont know if I ended up posting the results here or the BS thread, because I'm about to surprise the girl I recently posted here somewhere.

Got praised by my supervisor for my quick progress and quality despite not even been there for three weeks yet.

thats great, man. just remember to keep your head down and you might get promoted or at least get a raise :)

i'm about to go out of town for 2 or 3 days. i kinda get excited as this will be my first time air travelling without company lol. i dont know if I ended up posting the results here or the BS thread, because I'm about to surprise the girl I recently posted here somewhere.

Thanks! It's a temp job, but hopefully it'll turn permanent until I find a job in my field!

Ah, good luck.

My breakfast.

Banana/cinnamon flappy jacks that I made myself...and a mugmosa (beer and oj). I used to refer to beer and oj as a "brass monkey" - ala Beastie Boys...but it was recently brought to my attention that there is a vodka drink named a brass monkey...so I'm calling this a mugmosa now.

WMYq2v4.jpg

This chick I used to like is currently getting shit on facebook for going to a concert with a kid who looks like her dad did in his youth. All of her family friends who knew her father when he was like 25 are saying this kid looks exactly like him, and she's losing her shit about it...and it's absolutely hilarious to me. I wish the guy all the best though...poor bastard, being compared to her dad. I have no salty feelings at all about her and whatever she's doing. I just find it absolutely hilarious the way that she's reacting to the people telling her this. Losing her absolute shit. :lol:

One of my family memembers is pregnant, and it marks the first Great-Great-Grandchild for my Nan. She (my Nan) just turned 84.

Thought you said the 84 year old got pregnant for a moment there.

How old is the kid getting pregnant? gotta be young to be four generations below? it would be like my kid (non existent kid of course) having a kid?

One of my family memembers is pregnant, and it marks the first Great-Great-Grandchild for my Nan. She (my Nan) just turned 84.

Thought you said the 84 year old got pregnant for a moment there.

How old is the kid getting pregnant? gotta be young to be four generations below? it would be like my kid (non existent kid of course) having a kid?

The one who is pregnant is like 20 or 21. She's my second cousin. A lot of my first cousins (like her mum) are in their 40s, as their parents (my aunts and uncles) were born in the 50s. My dad being born in 1952. I think I'm my grandparents 4th youngest grandchild, out of nearly 30 :lol:

In brief, from my grandparents on my dad's side it's like this:

Nan & Grandad

6 Kids

1st - 6 children - 4 Grandchildren

2nd - 5 children - 5 Grandchildren

3rd - 1 child - 3 Grandchildren

4th - 6 children - 18 Grandchildren - 1 Great-Grandchild (soon to be)

5th - 4 children - 8 Grandchildren

6th - 4 children - 1 children

So that's; 6 children, 26 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, and soon to be 1 great-great-grandchild

Damn. My family need to calm down.

This chick I used to like is currently getting shit on facebook for going to a concert with a kid who looks like her dad did in his youth. All of her family friends who knew her father when he was like 25 are saying this kid looks exactly like him, and she's losing her shit about it...and it's absolutely hilarious to me. I wish the guy all the best though...poor bastard, being compared to her dad. I have no salty feelings at all about her and whatever she's doing. I just find it absolutely hilarious the way that she's reacting to the people telling her this. Losing her absolute shit. :lol:

Was she flirting or just being nice tho?

Archived