Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People started to like trap music. I still don't really like his solo stuff much but I don't mind if he is featured on a song. And honestly Drake could do a collab album with like *censored*ing Tyga at this point and all of his fans would still act like it was the hottest shit ever dropped.

I don't listen to Future at all...only downloaded the mixtape 'cause of Drake (and I don't even like Drake a whole lot nowadays). It's not bad.

Been bumping the shit out of Mac' new album, though. I think The Weekend and Break The Law are my two favorites. The whole album is pretty good from start to finish imo.

I still need to take it in properly some more times, but In The Bag, 100 Grandkids, Brand Name and even Two Matches (mainly because of Ab-Soul's verse, holy *censored*) are my top favourites.

Also, with Future, I haven't listened to him enough to give a judgment but I guess...I haven't been interested enough to check out his solo stuff, from what you can tell. I'll give this mixtape a listen, though, could surprise me in a good way.

I quite enjoyed the mixtape, and I do enjoy Future too. I liked him since I heard March Madness, that's when I "got it". But to be honest, no pun intended, the thing with Future is that, while he's becoming more popular, he's also improving, and being a little "weirder" in a sense. And that tends to endear people. At least it did with me. He obviously is no excellent rapper, nor is he an avant-garde artist, but he popularized a style that's largely identifiable and copied nowadays, and he does enough little experiments in some of his songs to keep it interesting.

And Drake does have a lot of stans, but the guy is also on fire. Everything he drops is a hit. This is quite the run.

I quite enjoyed the mixtape, and I do enjoy Future too. I liked him since I heard March Madness, that's when I "got it". But to be honest, no pun intended, the thing with Future is that, while he's becoming more popular, he's also improving, and being a little "weirder" in a sense. And that tends to endear people. At least it did with me. He obviously is no excellent rapper, nor is he an avant-garde artist, but he popularized a style that's largely identifiable and copied nowadays, and he does enough little experiments in some of his songs to keep it interesting.

And Drake does have a lot of stans, but the guy is also on fire. Everything he drops is a hit. This is quite the run.

If the style's already largely identifiable and copied, how has he popularised it? He's only become popular off of what other people have done (and off of what others have done better).

I still need to take it in properly some more times, but In The Bag, 100 Grandkids, Brand Name and even Two Matches (mainly because of Ab-Soul's verse, holy *censored*) are my top favourites.

Also, with Future, I haven't listened to him enough to give a judgment but I guess...I haven't been interested enough to check out his solo stuff, from what you can tell. I'll give this mixtape a listen, though, could surprise me in a good way.

No Clubhouse??? Best song IMO

Archived