Hip Hop Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, listening to Rodeo now...I'm so surprised by the instrumentals on the record...

And also, I'm not sure if I am the only one that doesn't find Piss on Your Grave horrid or messy, lol.

Definitely check out his new EP with the Blended Babies. It's just called Anderson Paak EP. Good stuff, but what I'm really looking forward to is his album with Knxwledge (he produced Momma on TPAB and has a huge library himself).

Yeah, when I was scrolling through Knxwledge's discography on Bandcamp, my jaw dropped. I've listened to a couple of his tunes, I love how lo-fi and grimy but soulful his style is.

lol Vince Staples getting people mad on Twitter because he said he didn't understand why the 90's is getting credit because he never listened to it and they took it as him saying 90's hiphop is overrated.

And then they got mad because they feel it's bullshit that Vince is a rapper who doesn't give a shit about 90s rap.

lol Vince Staples getting people mad on Twitter because he said he didn't understand why the 90's is getting credit because he never listened to it and they took it as him saying 90's hiphop is overrated.

And then they got mad because they feel it's bullshit that Vince is a rapper who doesn't give a shit about 90s rap.

Yeah, I read somewhere that he said he doesn't listen to much hip hop out of his own stuff. It kind of surprised me at first, but the way people seem to be making it as blasphemy lmao

Yeah, I read somewhere that he said he doesn't listen to much hip hop out of his own stuff. It kind of surprised me at first, but the way people seem to be making it as blasphemy lmao

They going nuts. Then Noreaga said something about it, Vince then went off on him, sort of. Nore said that anyone under 30 in Long Beach who didn't listened to Snoop at one point, was living in a different world. Vince basically said Snoop was uncool in Long Beach because he was too Eastside and told Nore not to talk like he was from there.

Then people got mad at Vince for talking like that to a lejend. Pretty funny how Vince doesn't care that much about hip-hop, it's more like a job to him, yet he's really good at it.

I saw an interview with him where he said he really hopes he isn't rapping much longer and just wants to get into acting or something. I don't think he necessarily dislikes rap but it's also pretty clear he doesn't care as much about it as most rappers or even a lot of his fans.

Kendrick and Terry Crews hitting the Quan is actually the greatest thing ever

http://gfycat.com/GraveRemoteHoverfly

They going nuts. Then Noreaga said something about it, Vince then went off on him, sort of. Nore said that anyone under 30 in Long Beach who didn't listened to Snoop at one point, was living in a different world. Vince basically said Snoop was uncool in Long Beach because he was too Eastside and told Nore not to talk like he was from there.

Then people got mad at Vince for talking like that to a lejend. Pretty funny how Vince doesn't care that much about hip-hop, it's more like a job to him, yet he's really good at it.

Yeah, the way he's talked about hip hop in previous interviews makes it seem as if he lacks any sort of great passion in it...and just kind of does it, because he has a family to feed and, like you said, he happens to be really good at it.

To be honest, though, it's all about how well the artist performs. At least he's being honest about not caring much for the Golden Age hip hop era etc. instead of being pretentious about it, because he knows he'll get this kinda reaction.

I'm guessing he knows some of it, with the Vivrant Thing-line in Loca, but he's just not that into it. He's a pretty balanced dude and funny af on Twitter tbh.

Holy shit that was amazing. Kendrick on top of the world rn. Godlike albums, singles, live shows, music videos. Wtf can't this man do?

According to Black Twitter, outselling Drake and getting people hyped on his tracks.

Archived